Jumhansen

[MOC] Lego technic meets thermals. Will it work ?

Hello everyone,

here is my next experiment with the large lego propellers. 

I hope you like this funny project and the "shorts-video".

[media]

[media]

Jumhansen

Edited by Jumhansen
Link edited

Dat song, haha ;,D. Very well played. The movement is very round. Didn't expect that at the beginning of the video.

It all depends on what you mean by 'will it work?'

I understand that in Germany and during Christmas, many households have a 'fan' device that spins due to convective heated air from a candle, and that is a beautiful tradition. 

Now, whether the MOC will survive the heat ... that's another question. Time for experimentation?

I do not ever recall reading anywhere what the 'usable/safe' temperature for Lego bricks is, but that info sure would be a good starting point.

Oh, and by the way, ... nice contraption that you've made. :pir-wench:

PS. I never truly understood emojis in EB, as they are different from the widely-used others ... but just now I realized those are actually minifg faces ... :laugh:

Edited by DrJB

If I recall correctly, ABS melting point is 105 degrees C, which didn't stop some people from making Lego steam engines with actual steam. However, they may be softened and/or discolored at much lower temperature. 

[edit]

This topic has an excellent demonstration of brick warping under heat. Looks like that up to 95 degrees C is safe.

Edited by Davidz90