Wolf_King

[LEGO IDEAS] Island Of The Imperial Soldiers

blogged.png

Hello dear pirate fans!

I would like to introduce you my Island Of The Imperial Soldiers project on Lego Ideas. This project mostly started as a counter set to Pirates Of The Barracuda Bay set. After the release of Barracuda Bay I felt a great absence in the official lego sets because people now had a great pirate base but without an imperial fort to counter it. Especially people without the old imperial sets kinda left in the cold. So, as a long time pirate fan I decided to make my own set to counter barracuda bay!

SUPPORT NOW!

52479030713_223b7acdd0_c.jpg

There are two parts of the build: Main tower and a secondary building.

52573837446_4c78b2eccb_c.jpg

Admiral's room and the inn on the main tower.

52573368987_02373ea877_c.jpg

52574281885_66c625bd99_c.jpg

There is a prison for those pesky pirates at the bottom of the main tower.

52574369728_6b0a00c1c6_c.jpg

This prison is located inside a cave.

52574110969_26ef4519da_c.jpg

The fort resides on very dangerous waters.

52573837301_c92b042f0c_c.jpg

Two parts of the fort are connected by a bridge.

52574367773_ebd63a8315_c.jpg

On the secondary part of the fort there is a barracks, a storage room, dock and nests for cannons.

52573840111_539c6fe60f_c.jpg

52574367068_cb9fc03bce_c.jpg

52573375817_d79179dbef_c.jpg

Pirates of the set have their own raft to launch some sneak attacks on the fort.

52573460857_00ecc3016f_c.jpg

The new ship update:

Just one day ago I released my new update for the project and that is a small cargo ship for the imperial soldiers! I felt the need to add some additional content to this project and I think this small ship is the perfect addition for the set. They use this small ship mostly for transportation or for bringing and exporting trade goods. With this ship you can create a lot of stories and it increases the potential of the original set a lot. I also like the fact that soldiers are no longer imprisoned on the island because they have a ship now :)

52574272190_b38ec80934_c.jpg

52573292777_4558dcd13d_c.jpg

52574051509_0b029f7739_c.jpg

52574101194_ef5467ab7b_c.jpg

52574272405_4ec76c8a02_c.jpg

Actually after this update, the set turned into a complete play set I think. You have all the basic elements of pirate theme now. Imperial soldiers, pirates, a fort, a ship, a raft ,palm trees...basically everything that represents pirate theme. So if this set reaches 10k and gets made as an official set, I think it would be a good set to buy.

Here is the link for the project: https://ideas.lego.com/s/p:2683498a8adb47cc9d8c41663f899368

Thank you very much for your time :pir-triumph:

SUPPORT NOW!

Edited by Marooned Marin
Blogged on Classic-Pirates.com

5 minutes ago, Wolf_King said:

Hello dear pirate fans!

Very pleased be introduced to your Island Of The Imperial Soldiers!

Let's add a nice, prominent support button to your post...

SUPPORT NOW!

16 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Very pleased be introduced to your Island Of The Imperial Soldiers!

Let's add a nice, prominent support button to your post...

SUPPORT NOW!

Thank you very much :pir-sweet:

10 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

And write a blog post sometime in the future, @Marooned Marin.

Oh I will, we will make a mighty fine blog-post out of this.

@Wolf_King you have my support on Ideas :pir-thumb:

Q1: How long did it take to make this?

Q2: What was your inspiration for this build, other than Barracuda bay, some other LEGO set or MOC, or this idea simply appeared in your mind?

Q3: Any backstory what happened here, how did the pirates end up in prison, while attacking with their puny raft - or - the raft is used for the most daring prison break?

Tell us more :pir-triumph:

11 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

You deserve it! :pir-huzzah2:

This creation is glorious - just what we're looking for. We should definitely frontpage it on Eurobricks sometime, @Captain Braunsfeld.

And write a blog post sometime in the future, @Marooned Marin.

The creation has a monkey! It will be frontpaged asap! :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Do you see yourself in this creation? :pir-tongue:

4 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Oh I will, we will make a mighty fine blog-post out of this.

@Wolf_King you have my support on Ideas :pir-thumb:

Q1: How long did it take to make this?

Q2: What was your inspiration for this build, other than Barracuda bay, some other LEGO set or MOC, or this idea simply appeared in your mind?

Q3: Any backstory what happened here, how did the pirates end up in prison, while attacking with their puny raft - or - the raft is used for the most daring prison break?

Tell us more :pir-triumph:

Thank you very much :pir-sweet:

A1: I just checked the dates of first and last project files and it looks like it took exactly 24 days to finish it but the process of building continues actually. As I mentioned just 2 days ago I released the ship update to the project and that also took about 1 week. Raft update is the next update. Raft was actually a last minute addition to this set so I had made a simple model to release the project fast but that will get a nice overhaul soon. After that I have decided to make some small additions and small design changes to the fort itself. In the end I think it will turn into a perfect pirate set :pir-sweet:

A2: Actually my main motivation for starting to make these projects was to contribute to my favourite themes castle and pirates. I had already made 2 projects for castle theme and it was the turn for pirates. Release of barracuda bay just decided  what exactly my build will be.

A3: Those pirates just launched an unorganized, simple and cheap sneak attack to the storage room and got caught. Very fitting to their personalities :pir_laugh2: Soldiers had actually put that pirate skeleton in front of the prison as a "simple" warning to show what happen to pirates that come close to this fort but they didn't care!!! They thought they can outsmart the soldiers but in the end faced their own demise. Simple pirate mind you know :pir-grin:

Very interesting use of orange for the roofs and highlights, not a choice often seen. I think it ends up working well here though.

Supported!

@Wolf_King thank ye for your answers!

Since you are about to re-build the raft, may I point you to this wonderful topic inside the forum where you can steal, ahem, borrow some ideas:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/189276-rafts-rafts-rafts/

How many pieces went into this creation? I know the limit for Ideas is 3,000. Are you around that number?

2 hours ago, PxChris said:

Very interesting use of orange for the roofs and highlights, not a choice often seen. I think it ends up working well here though.

Supported!

Thank you :pir-sweet:

1 hour ago, Marooned Marin said:

@Wolf_King thank ye for your answers!

Since you are about to re-build the raft, may I point you to this wonderful topic inside the forum where you can steal, ahem, borrow some ideas:

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/189276-rafts-rafts-rafts/

How many pieces went into this creation? I know the limit for Ideas is 3,000. Are you around that number?

Thank you, I will get some inspiration :pir-laugh:

After adding the ship set contains 2655 pieces including minifigures now. As you mentioned limit is 3000 and I think remaining pieces are enough to rebuild the raft and for other additions. 

31 minutes ago, Wolf_King said:

I think remaining pieces are enough to rebuild the raft

Wonderful! :pir-thumb:

Say, other then Flickr, do you happen to have Instagram where we can follow your work?

30 minutes ago, Marooned Marin said:

Wonderful! :pir-thumb:

Say, other then Flickr, do you happen to have Instagram where we can follow your work?

Unfortunately I don't have an instagram account or youtube channel. I only use Flickr for image uploading.

41 minutes ago, Wolf_King said:

Unfortunately I don't have an instagram account or youtube channel. I only use Flickr for image uploading.

The Classic Pirates have followed ye on Flickr!

13 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

The Classic Pirates have followed ye on Flickr!

Thank you :pir-laugh:

23 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Also thank you @Captain Braunsfeld for frontpaging my project, much appreciated :pir-huzzah2:

2 hours ago, Wolf_King said:

Also thank you @Captain Braunsfeld for frontpaging my project, much appreciated :pir-huzzah2:

Good work, @Captain Braunsfeld! pir-eurobricks.png

And now back to the MOC...

21 hours ago, Wolf_King said:

A2: Actually my main motivation for starting to make these projects was to contribute to my favourite themes castle and pirates. I had already made 2 projects for castle theme and it was the turn for pirates. Release of barracuda bay just decided  what exactly my build will be.

Which software do you use to build your creations?

And how long before Barracuda Bay were you of LEGO Pirates?  Just recently? Or is this something that goes back decades?

4 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

Which software do you use to build your creations?

And how long before Barracuda Bay were you of LEGO Pirates?  Just recently? Or is this something that goes back decades?

I used LDD for a long time but now I use bricklink studio. I still use LDD sometimes though. It is easier.

I am a pirate fan since my childhood :pir-sweet:

im not sure about the TOS with lego ideas, are you allowed to post a brick inventory? i was curious a bout a few bricks that you used.

9 hours ago, natesroom said:

im not sure about the TOS with lego ideas, are you allowed to post a brick inventory? i was curious a bout a few bricks that you used.

I am not very sure either. Which parts do you want to know about? I can help you out with them.