Sign in to follow this  
boeing_787_8_dreamliner

[COR - FB] ETTCS Earl of Abergavany

ETTCS Earl of Abergavany

The rapide expanse of the ETTC fleet has shown no signs of slowing down. In only a few months time, it has gone from a handful of small ships, to a fleet dominated by large Terramen.
But the increase of hostile activity has led to the need for bigger and more heavily armed merchant vessels. The newest addition to the fleet is the biggest one yet. A 2 decker, class 9 terraman, armed with 52 guns and a crew of 300.
This floating fortresses will protect and deliver its cargo, no matter who or what comes after it.

-28 x18lb longgun
-2 x 12 lb caronade
-2 x 9lb longgun

ETTC Earl of Abergavenny1_3

Die Schatzflotte

Spoiler

ETTC Earl of Abergavenny1ETTC Earl of Abergavenny1_2

ETTC Earl of Abergavenny1_4ETTC Earl of Abergavenny1_5ETTC Earl of Abergavenny1_6ETTC Earl of Abergavenny1_7Die Schatzflotte_3

Really nice looking ship you got there :pir-sweet:

This might seem like nitpicking, but I have to ask - is the listed number of guns correct? You say there's 52 in total which seems to match, of which 28 are 18lb longguns which I assume are the ones on the lower gun deck, but I count 13 on each side meaning it's 2 off + the list has 32 guns, so there's 20 that aren't mentioned.

Only curiousity from my side + a bit OCD I'm afraid :laugh: 

This is a very beautiful and large ship! I understand very well the need to protect yourself from the hostile Lotii. The East Terran Trading Company becomes the mightiest trading company.

She is a beauty. I particularly like the way you have made s custom hull while integrating the prefab bow piece. Really well done!

She's got beautiful curves too, both tumblehome and sheer, and as usual the rigging is excellent. I would place her as a rather late period vessel, although she carries that rather old-fashioned lateen on her mizzen. Any thoughts behind this?

Also really happy to see a well-written story that places her well within the world of bobs. Would like to see some more details described, and as always, some minifig life, but overall, this is excellent. Also cool squadron view at the end!