After the exhibition season, back to the bench and nothing better than a good old TIE variant to boost my creativity. Let's all hail the TIE-Krykna.

52556627475_55a13658a1_z.jpg
TIE-Krykna by Veynom, on Flickr

It is the improbable hybrid between a classic TIE-Fighter, an imperial or separatist walker, and a few Bionicle parts. Nightmarish, isn't it?

52556153896_cde2582d0a_z.jpg

52556696953_cfac5397fb_z.jpg

52556452339_74fc628668_z.jpg

Inspiration came when after liking an internet meme mixing a TIE-Fighter cockpit with legs from a "Homing Spider" (set 75016). Just doing the same was too easy, and not stable enough to my taste. Besides, I had that bag of unused Bionicle parts received from a friend...

The name "Krykna" was inspired by my wife who rightfully (Rule N2: Wifes are always right) told me that it can't be a TIE-Spider as spiders have 8 legs and my TIE-thing has only 6 of these. For a brief moment, I strongly considered re-engineering the entire MOC to include 2 more legs. Ultimately, I decided first to google for Star Wars spiders and found the Krykna. This horrible beast from SW Rebels was perfect. No need to rebuild everything, exit the TIE-Spider and long live the TIE-Krykna. Rebranding was less cumbersome. Note that I did not flinch when my wife spoke about "oh, no, not another TIE-thing!", because I remembered just in time about rule N1: Wifes are right.

PS: for those who want to know rule N3: it is easy: 'In case of doubt, refer to rule N1". :innocent2:

3 hours ago, Mr Ogel said:

before I judge this MOC I need to ask my wife how she likes it...

Ooh matron.  :pir-laugh:  Sorry couldn't resist.  Too many Carry On Films as a child to let this innocent faux pas go to waste.......

Nice little MOC by the way, back on topic!  Those legs would be perfect for a Scorponek Droid.

Edited by obijon