LM71Blackbird

[COR - FB] Jungle Meeting, Seawatch

Jungle Meeting

When unexpected news reached the Corrie landing party of a sizeable force of Greenbacks that had also made landfall not far from their position, plans were made to establish contact with them. Brigadier Allcock, tasked Major Brickford with reaching out as quickly as possible to ensure there would be no hinderances to the Seawatch Campaign.

52552116928_03100100da_b.jpgJungle meeting 2 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

With a small detachment of Royal Marines, Major Brickford advanced a short way through the jungle to the entrance of the Eslandolian encampment that was already beginning to take shape. He was greeted by a few regulars of the Weelond 2nd Battalion and General Alonzo personally made his way over to extend his hand in peace, although everyone remained alert as the Lotii were reportedly still in the area.

52551116932_f46f070f47_b.jpgJungle meeting 3 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Major Brickford brought with him a letter from Brigadier Allcock explaining the situation they faced in Seawatch and beyond and also the hope that they could work together to secure the New Haven Sea to allow for safe travel and trade between nations.

52551867119_8dbdd3cc2c_b.jpgJungle meeting 4 by LM71Blackbird, on Flickr

Major Brickford and the rest of the Corrie Command will await the General's response. @Capt Wolf.

----------------------------------

An overview of the entire build:

Spoiler

C&C are welcome and appreciated and thanks for looking!

Edited by LM71Blackbird

Excellent build Blackbird! Your figure posing, and foliage is on point! My only critique, is I'm not sure I like the exposed tan studs on the tents. I think using white, or tiles would look a a bit better.

Either way, excellent job! 

Excellent build! :thumbup: I'm intrigued by the irregular but still at right angles base. Interesting. And good jungle foliage.

14 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

Major Brickford and the rest of the Corrie Command will await the General's response.

General Alonzo was pleased to meet Major Brickford. "Excuse our surprise arrival. I was under the impression that word had been sent to the Carno ambassador to forward to all parties, but apparently that hasn't caught up to us! Our regiment was only recently ordered here after arriving in Punto Sur, and General Whitedragon's MAESTRO regiment was diverted here whilst on its way to Damaborg. 

"As you have been on the ground here longer than we have, and thus have better knowledge of the situation around Seawatch, we are content to let you take the lead on coordinating our efforts. We share your concerns, as certainly any Eslandian efforts in The Lowers will depend on making the New Haven Sea safe for trade, so the Lotii must be repelled. After I have a chance to read Brigadier Allcock's letter, I look forward to sitting down with you and discerning how our troops can best be put to use."

[Apologies for not having time for an MOC with the response.]

This is a great landscape at the Jungle Meeting. I like the many trees and plants. The Eslandolian soldiers have good camouflage with their uniforms.

On 12/9/2022 at 1:01 AM, Mesabi said:

Excellent build Blackbird! Your figure posing, and foliage is on point! My only critique, is I'm not sure I like the exposed tan studs on the tents. I think using white, or tiles would look a a bit better.

Either way, excellent job! 

Thanks Mesabi! Yes, I agree. Next time I'll cover up those studs, it will give it more of a fabric look.

On 12/11/2022 at 2:51 AM, Ross Fisher said:

A great build. Nice concept, and well pulled together

Thanks Ross!

On 12/11/2022 at 11:15 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

Great stuff! A nice jungle camp!

Thanks!

On 12/12/2022 at 3:06 AM, NOD said:

This is a great landscape at the Jungle Meeting. I like the many trees and plants. The Eslandolian soldiers have good camouflage with their uniforms.

Thanks! Thick foliage is one of my favorites to build.

On 12/9/2022 at 10:35 AM, Capt Wolf said:

[Apologies for not having time for an MOC with the response.]

No apologies necessary! Just glad we could get the ball rolling.