SilentWolf

[COR - GOC] Class 5 HMS Midgard - Cruisers of Terra Nova

The WETEC (Wolf's Equine Trading and Expedition Company) quickly expanded in the early days of exploration but has settled into a steady rhythm since then. They have the settlement and ranch on Elizabethville to take care of and trading to oversee. However, the merger with ETTC and the busyness of life has slowed the aggressive expansion they initially started with. However, their goal is always the expansion and protection of her Majesty's empire and to accomplish this they pledged and have now provided a Class 5 ship funded and built by the WETEC. 

52547979568_47e785e08a_c.jpg

52547729574_0110afedda_c.jpg

52547907760_9301e9be13_c.jpg

52547909275_984c1ff026_c.jpg

This is a GOC build for the Oaken Shield task. It is also a completion of a commitment I made when the Cruisers of Terra Nova was first initiated. Life got in the way and I actually forgot about it. Unfortunately it is not the class 6 that still sits unfinished but hopefully a worthy class 5. 

A ship under full sail never gets old! I like the shaping and we don't see to many ships with that much orange but I like it. I'm sure she will serve the Royal Navy well. A :thumbup: from me.

This is a nice and well built ship. I like the side view with the different transitions between the decks.

Nice ship. Good shape, and I like the orange! :thumbup:

I really like that picture from above looking down at the deck.

Beautiful ship! Like others have mentioned, great transition from prefab hulls to the brickbuilt ones.

Looks like a very tall ship! Im sure Corrington will be glad to have her

A GoC :thumbup: from me

Another lurking veteran returns, and what a return! :pir-huzzah2:

First up, a definite GoC :thumbup: from me. She is a well-shaped ship with lovely curves (sheer and tumblehome!) and as someone else said, some very good transitions from hull-pieces to the upper hull, and details like the chains for the rudder, the ornaments above the cabin, and your hatches completes her well.

For improvements, you could consider introducing the third split of the mast. Currently, your masts are in two pieces. This would be correct for your mizzen (with the current rig), but the full-rigged masts would have consisted of a lower mast, topmast, and topgallant. Overall, though, the rigging is quite well done, so I am really nitpicking.

On the other hand, while I cannot absolutely confirm it, I believe this may be the very first barque ever in BoBS! Introducing an unused sail plan at this point is quite an achievement! :pir-huzzah2: