Bob De Quatre

Classic Space Era Spaceship Contest

1 hour ago, 1974 said:

There are light grey parts used in the Futuron sets (baseplates, axle pins, monorail parts etc)

Sure but there are also the dark bley mixel joints.

Blame TLG :pir-bawling: The Mixel joints are such a difficult specialized item that one of the leading manufacturer of plastic parts cannot do them in other colours (aka TLG do not feel the need to pony up the money for what we want)

Dark grey is really absent in CS/FT/BT1 ... I can only remember the shovel in 6929

Red, yellow, trans-clear and chrome pops up much more frequently than dark grey

Too bad, it's a nice colour and was used to good effect in the unreleased Grey-tron proto set (and years later with Insectoids, but that's not CS)

Edited by 1974

4 hours ago, danth said:

Sure but there are also the dark bley mixel joints.

If dark grey ends up not being allowed in this case, the dark bley parts are mostly the ones with the towball—so alternative towball options like technic axles and pins with towball, 2x2 plates with towball, etc. might be options you could avail yourself of. Most of the ball cup pieces (except for the double sided one with a ball cup and towball) are in light bley.

Mmmm, this sounds like my kind of contest!

Also, the link to the entry thread takes me to an entry thread of a different contest.

EKnight

Edited by Elephant Knight

On 12/9/2022 at 11:13 AM, Bob De Quatre said:

It's been a while since I ran a contest, and I didn't miss the people being nitpicky or even sneaky with the rules :purrr:

Host a Technic contest. You will have a field day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

41 minutes ago, Jim said:

Host a Technic contest. You will have a field day :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I thought they all run really smooth with no one asking any little tiny question regarding the rules or even for extensions for time 🤣🤣🤣

On 12/16/2022 at 9:35 PM, Yellow Spaceman said:

Hi,

New member here. I have a question, are all types of lego parts allowed, eg Duplo bricks?

I think I already said that you can use any part produced by Lego.

Should we wait until after the contest is concluded before posting pics to other social media?

Steve "Inquiring Minds" Peterson

2 hours ago, AZKerosene said:

Should we wait until after the contest is concluded before posting pics to other social media?

Steve "Inquiring Minds" Peterson

You can post to other media a the same time you post here, or even just before if you use a hosting service like Flickr.

A silly question perhaps but I feel Insectoids is missing on this list, or is that too recent to qualify?

On 12/9/2022 at 2:13 AM, Bob De Quatre said:

2: You can use the color scheme of the whole theme, so if in the theme even only one set uses a specific color, then you can use it. Light grey and dark grey should be transformed in light bluish grey and dark bluish grey.

Classic Space had a dark grey shovel. Just saying. 😁

Annoyed that the limit is 40 studs

On 12/9/2022 at 1:30 PM, 1974 said:

Too bad, it's a nice colour and was used to good effect in the unreleased Grey-tron proto set 

Grey-tron?

On 1/2/2023 at 1:56 PM, Sebeus I said:

A silly question perhaps but I feel Insectoids is missing on this list, or is that too recent to qualify?

Unitron, explorians, roboforce, and UFO are also mssing. Considering that Unitron came out before/with spryrius, I think its a popularity thing

Wow there are a lot of great entries in this contest so far.  I've been struggling to get my design finished in time. I just noticed the deadline has been changed from January 31st to February 17th.  Looks like I don't have to panic quite as much as I thought.

Honestly don't know what my chances are but have been enjoying building and looking forward to getting it posted as soon as I can :)

Once again, good luck everybody!

On 2/3/2023 at 5:22 AM, Ace of Space said:

by longest dimension, does that mean it can be at least 20-40 studs long or 20-40 studs wide as the length?

You take the dimensions of your MOC, and the highest dimension should be between 20 and 40 studs.

1 hour ago, ridgekitten said:

Does Aquazone count? It's definitely space, but funky space.

Is Aquazone in the list in the first post? If not then it doesn't count.

So many great entries, I wanted to vote for 5 or more to win equally as much. :thumbup:

Also great to see so many votes from ineligible members, glad people can read instructions. :look:

On 4/8/2023 at 12:01 AM, malawiglenn said:

I hope this can become an annual thing :) 

Me too; I wanna see more space mocs!