NOD

[SR-FB] 103 guns Galleon, Soberano De Los Mares

52543598897_aa6f4508f4_b.jpgSoberano de los Mares 08 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Kane the Magnificent, hero of freedom, man of honor needs a larger merchant ship to transport goods.

52544543565_fe3cc8dd8d_b.jpgSoberano de los Mares 11 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Where do he get a new ship? He borrows it from those who have a lot. The Casa de la Contratación has more than enough! This is a Spanish Mardierians trading company.

52543598707_a9e7436e0c_b.jpgSoberano de los Mares 03B by Philippe, auf Flickr

In December 622 the fleet is on the way to Solaro. The lookout reports that 9 ships are on the starboard side. It's the Mardierians Treasure Fleet on its way back to Londa. Most of the fleet attacks the merchant ships. The flagship the La Gomera and the Habana attack the Soberano de los Mares the flagship of the Mardierians. It's a floating fortress but only has sissies on board. The strong, battle-hardened Sea Rats board the ship from both sides. After a short fight, the Mardierians surrender.

52544059546_3bd18672dd_b.jpgSoberano de los Mares 02 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The Mardierians are exposed on a deserted island. The Soberano de los Mares will be Kane's new flagship.

52543598392_8a51e081aa_b.jpgSoberano de los Mares 06 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Brethren of the Brick Seas: Class 10

103 guns

The widest point on the lower deck is 32 studs.

The widest point on the upper deck is 28 studs.

The waterline is 107 studs.

Total length is 139 studs

52544606873_f5c3938456_b.jpgSoberano de los Mares 09 by Philippe, auf Flickr

52544543305_a871c82b4a_b.jpgSoberano de los Mares 07 by Philippe, auf Flickr

52544059426_c14f8a84cf_b.jpgSoberano de los Mares 01 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Edited by NOD
I had often misspelled Mardierians.

One can only wonder what you're planning to do with all these ships, surely it can't just be for trade ...

The ship is fantastic! But it isn't welcome anywhere near Queenston :wacko:

Wow. Amazing. :pir-love:

3 hours ago, NOD said:

Kane the Magnificent, hero of freedom, man of honor needs a larger merchant ship to transport goods.

That doesn't look like a merchant ship to me! :pir-oh:

Magnificent vessel. :excited: Those old galleons were some of the coolest looking ships in my opinion.

48 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

It doesn't take much hold space to transport gold that has been, uh, "procured." :grin:

Whoa, what a beauty!  Very imposing size and I love the way you did the hull so you can see lines between the planks!  Great touch of color with the red and green too!  She shows a lot of guns for a peaceful trader though... :pir-grin:

22 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

One can only wonder what you're planning to do with all these ships, surely it can't just be for trade ...

Thank you very much! Too bad my merchant ships are not welcome near Queenston. My ships wanted to provide building materials to build a Mc Blackbeard Sail-in.

21 hours ago, CapOnBOBS said:

Just incredible!

Thank you very much! It's a lot more difficult to build such a big ship, especially with the ship's bow I had a lot of problems again.

20 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Wow. Honestly, this is awesome. You've really nailed that class 10. So we'll done!

Thank you very much! I wanted to build a class 10 ship that doesn't look like a ship of the line, because there are quite a few of those already. It should look similar to the Sovereign of the Seas. It doesn't look similar, but it's a galleon and has a different name.

19 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

Would ya look at that! Only 103 😂. Beautiful!

Thank you very much! That's true, it's only 103. I wanted 105 but didn't have room for an extra 2 guns anywhere on the sides, because some component was always in the way.

19 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

Wow. Amazing. :pir-love:

Thank you very much! I have to protect myself from the Lotii. With my fleet of merchant ships, I will bring peace, freedom, justice and security:vader:

18 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Magnificent vessel. :excited: Those old galleons were some of the coolest looking ships in my opinion.

It doesn't take much hold space to transport gold that has been, uh, "procured." :grin:

Thank you very much! Correctly identified, there is hold space for gold, silver, jewels and doubloons. :grin:

13 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

Whoa, what a beauty!  Very imposing size and I love the way you did the hull so you can see lines between the planks!  Great touch of color with the red and green too!  She shows a lot of guns for a peaceful trader though... :pir-grin:

Thank you very much! I swear on the Saint Count Lewisham the cannons are for defense only. :angel_sing:

Edited by NOD

103 guns... a first rate ship, which is not a merchant one for sure !

BUT... this ship is wonderful, a true beauty. Very nice stern.

Something bother me however... so many women on that ship... a luck that pirates are less superstitious than traditionnal enlisted sailors !

2 hours ago, NOD said:

With my fleet of merchant ships, I will bring peace, freedom, justice and security

So true !

Whoa Nelly!  That is a lovely ship that is going to ruin someone's day/MRCA.  Hopefully not mine.

5 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Something bother me however... so many women on that ship... a luck that pirates are less superstitious than traditionnal enlisted sailors !

I've been reading the Locke Lamora series, and they go the opposite way on this. A ship without cats and women is an unlucky ship!

7 hours ago, NOD said:

That doesn't look like a merchant ship to me

Imagine how much there is below the waterline. Most icebergs only have a fifth of their volume above the surface, and this is a full-blown glacier!

On 12/6/2022 at 1:18 PM, Professor Thaum said:

103 guns... a first rate ship, which is not a merchant one for sure !

BUT... this ship is wonderful, a true beauty. Very nice stern.

So true !

Thank you very much! We are in the Lego world. It's fun here, and women are allowed on the ship. :pir-triumph:

On 12/6/2022 at 4:13 PM, Kwatchi said:

Whoa Nelly!  That is a lovely ship that is going to ruin someone's day/MRCA.  Hopefully not mine.

Thank you very much! Those who have a lot, should consider themselves lucky, to give to the poor Sea Rats. :pir-grin:

On 12/6/2022 at 6:41 PM, Ross Fisher said:

I've been reading the Locke Lamora series, and they go the opposite way on this. A ship without cats and women is an unlucky ship!

Imagine how much there is below the waterline. Most icebergs only have a fifth of their volume above the surface, and this is a full-blown glacier!

Very good justifications! :pir-huzzah2:

On 12/5/2022 at 12:46 PM, Justsomebrix said:

A small detail I noticed that bothers me quite a bit is the small anchor, you should really consider building some brick built anchors for ships this big :pir-blush:

Ships of this size would have 4-6 huge anchors!

Edited by Justsomebrix

What a glorious vessel, and I'm mildly terrified to see you are continuing to pumping out supermassive class 10 vessels. 

She's a proper Galleon for sure, and she really screams power. The detailing is on point, and your shipbuilding skills really show. 

Fantastic job!

pls don't hurt us! :pir-oh3:

On 12/8/2022 at 10:30 AM, Justsomebrix said:

A small detail I noticed that bothers me quite a bit is the small anchor, you should really consider building some brick built anchors for ships this big :pir-blush:

Ships of this size would have 4-6 huge anchors!

Thank you for the information. You're right, I haven't noticed the anchor yet, it's really too small. I will build a new, larger anchor for the next ship.

11 hours ago, Mesabi said:

What a glorious vessel, and I'm mildly terrified to see you are continuing to pumping out supermassive class 10 vessels. 

She's a proper Galleon for sure, and she really screams power. The detailing is on point, and your shipbuilding skills really show. 

Fantastic job!

pls don't hurt us! :pir-oh3:

Thank you for the compliments. In my crystal ball I see no hurt for Count Mesabi and the WTC in the New Haven Sea. :pir-classic:

Edited by NOD

3 hours ago, LM71Blackbird said:

What a Beautiful Behemoth! I hope to only see her from afar!

Thank you very much! I can understand that, I always hoped not to encounter the HMS Indomitable.

12 hours ago, NOD said:

Thank you very much! I can understand that, I always hoped not to encounter the HMS Indomitable.

At least the respect and fear is mutual!

On 12/12/2022 at 9:24 PM, LM71Blackbird said:

At least the respect and fear is mutual!

Yes, that's true!

On 12/13/2022 at 7:29 AM, CaptainPolluxofOrion said:

Wow, what a Leviathan :pir-stareyes::pir_wacko:  and awesome Ship!

:pir-huzzah2:

Thank you very much! I'm so glad you like the ship.

On 12/16/2022 at 10:51 AM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Quite impressive ship!

Thank you very much! Yes, this is a magnificent ship.

Edited by NOD

2 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Can I praise it some more?

"Praise"!

:pir-triumph:

:pir_laugh2:   It would be funny to see Commodore T. Spoon and Captain Cookie at Christmas.