Sérgio

[MOC] Train Module/diorama: Abandoned

Hi!

I just finished the last MOC of this year.
I made a total of 41 MOCs in 2022. It was a productive year. 

I wanted to make an Abandoned Theme diorama/layout/Module that matches the quality of the LLMTC  folks.

It was the first time that I use MILS, it consumes a lot of non-visible parts, but it allowed me to set up this 1x0,75 meters layout in less than 5 minutes.
I tried to make it as realistic as possible, it's based on some buildings/rail way in my country Portugal.

I have no clue how many parts I use on this :P

MILS train Module (Abandoned)

MILS train Module (Abandoned)MILS train Module (Abandoned)

MILS train Module (Abandoned)MILS train Module (Abandoned)MILS train Module (Abandoned)MILS train Module (Abandoned)

Incredible work. The level of detail is impressive. Your ruined passenger station and branch line give the impression of an abandoned area of the main line. Keep up the great work into 2023 and beyond.

Great to see the derelict station in more detail - I’m even more amazed than I was from the photos on Facebook.  I love that abandoned locomotive so much as it’s just something so different from everyone else.  You’ve definitely hit the LLMTC ‘standard’ as well in my opinion.

P.S.  In case you’ve not figured out, I’m the one calling it your ‘signature’ locomotive in a couple of Facebook comments….

Edited by Vilhelm22

This is beyond anything I have ever seen.

When it comes to stations, trains, cars, buildings etc. in train world, it is about functionality, operation, size, etc. 

This is so close to reality - weathering was a topic here on EB - but this is aging. And time passing by. Look at the building!!! This alone is fantastic. The loco is fantastic. The person on the bike, seeing it all; the conductor in the yellow train seeing nothing of that because she or he has to focus on the operation of the train - I can literally see that happening here where I live, not far away. Oh my, I can go on and on - so much live to the detail ...

Abandoned - may be. But full of life!!!

Wonderful. Simply wonderful.

All the best,
Thorsten

Your diorama destroys my ideal Lego world and yet is so realistic at the same time....

I've been following the build on Flickr for a while now and try to pick up ideas for landscaping there as well.

Thomas

Spectacular diorama, it perfectly gives the idea of old things left alone and slowly degrading. It makes me both sad and angry....because is a true representation of reality. No one cares about it...new trains just pass by, and that's the only important thing.

And one perfect detail are the graffiti you added on the walls. These make me again think what is the purpose to write those...things to even ruin more something that's already in a bad condition.

That's probably why I like the perfect Legoland things...:classic:

Great work, really. 😍😍😍

Impressive diorama! Great details on the ruined buildings with the shattered glas windows, beams of the roof and vegetation and of course the rusty locomotive.

First post here (I showed up to lurk since my 6yo is getting into lego trains and I'm looking for stuff we can build together): this blows my mind that someone can just freehand build this. Gorgeous work, thank you for sharing. 

On 1/8/2023 at 2:20 AM, rajbot said:

First post here (I showed up to lurk since my 6yo is getting into lego trains and I'm looking for stuff we can build together): this blows my mind that someone can just freehand build this. Gorgeous work, thank you for sharing. 

Welcome to Eurobricks! Thank you so much!