Hi there everybody!

It's been a while since I posted anything here, but allow me to present my latest Project: A small scale Tiger II tank!

Years ago when I got first into World of Tanks Blitz, the Tiger II was my favorite tank. I still play it sometimes, so I decided to build it.

My goal for this Tank was simple: To get all the functions big RC tanks have in a small scale tank model, and still make it look good.

- RC driving (powering the front drive sprocket)

- RC turret rotation

- RC gun elevation/depression

- Suspension system to replicate the torsion bar suspension

From the beginning it was clear that this would not be possible using LEGO electronics due to the size constraints. I used a CADA Battery box, 2x M motor (drive) and 2x Micro motor (Turret+Gun) to power the tank.

The rest of the Tank can be built with 100% LEGO with some minor color changes, especially on the insides to save money. Building istructions are on Rebrickable

I hope you like my little gray cat and am looking forward to your comments

Gray Gear

1280x721.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

1280x720.jpg

Edited by Gray Gear

I like this a lot! Looks good, works good. Nice tensioning system. There's so much that can be done on a small scale with proper electronics. Also, sometimes I feel that shaping these models can be easier on the small scale because a few parts with the right slope/curvature make the body look simple and clean (big models can often look patchy). Great work!

Nice little tank! I love seeing the applications of those compact CADA electronics, and the torsion bar system is impressively compact! I'm a fan of the way you use non-Lego parts in unique colors to make your cars look better, but my one critique here would be the use of non-Lego parts where there are exposed studs, because I have a hard time not associating those bare, flat, logo-less studs with the lousy knock-offs of my youth... Though on the other hand, I probably wouldn't worry about it if I were in your position, because I too like saving money!

Very cool, I really like the scale and with a reasonable 1100 pieces it remains manageable to build this tank for your RB-customers. Well done!

@gyenesvi Yes, I chose the small scale both to keep the looks clean and the project size small. This is my first Tank MOC ever after all, so better to start out small!

@2GodBDGlory Yes, those micro motors really are a game changer. They were the initial reason I built this MOC.

@GerritvdG Thanks m8!

Edited by Gray Gear