So I got a little something interesting that I believe is a real first in this community and because the holiday was coming up I wanted to make it something really special, I give you a BALDWIN DISK DRIVER. This type of driver was designed and made by the Baldwin Locomotive Works and was used on railroads that ordered locomotives from Baldwin. This wheel was designed and made by me on AutoCAD 2022 and with the help of a humble XYZ Da Vinci 3d printer. It is 62.4 mm in diameter compared to the #13 43.2mm diameter. This took over 20 different attempts to create. It is still imperfect from the color of the wheel for I do not know any steam locomotive from Baldwin that used red colored wheels and the fact that it is not the plastic that is used on BrickTrainDepots wheels. Nevertheless, it still accepts standard axles and connector pieces in the exact same fashion as all of the other steam train drive wheels.

https://bricksafe.com/files/Strader987/trains/wheels/20221202_095752.jpg

Here is the wheel with the connector peg and axle in their respective places.

https://bricksafe.com/files/Strader987/trains/wheels/20221202_095806.jpg

For comparison, here is the disk driver(62.4mm) beside BTD's #13(43.2mm) Boxpok Driver

https://bricksafe.com/files/Strader987/trains/wheels/20221202_100934.jpg

Edited by Craig Strader

Yeah. Size #19, that is.

IRL, 2028mm if 1:32,5 scale.

2371,2mm if 1:38.

2496mm if 1:40.

2995,2mm, if 1:48

Nice, what might you use it for?

2 hours ago, Shiva said:

Yeah. Size #19, that is.

IRL, 2028mm if 1:32,5 scale.

2371,2mm if 1:38.

2496mm if 1:40.

2995,2mm, if 1:48

Nice, what might you use it for?

It will be for a locomotive coming next year. Estimated to be right around Springtime

On 12/3/2022 at 1:23 PM, Shiva said:

Hmm, something that might use 2184mm drivers? Well, close to anyway. 86inch?

Good luck :)

You would be correct on the measurement on scale, however the locomotive in question as far as the actual prototype goes has 84 inch drivers, which is not too far off

On 12/3/2022 at 2:38 AM, Paperinik77pk said:

Nice 3D modelling and printing...it will look fantastic!

Thanks. The best has yet to come

Hey guys, I'm back again, and boy do I have some content and news for you guys tonight from where I am sending this. I am going to get my company off the ground hopefully by next week on eBay and will be selling custom parts that I believe could open up new possibilities for everyone here in this community, not just trains. Some parts that you will see will be part of the list, others will be added in possible kits in the future. With that said, let's dive right in.

SPOILERS: ALL parts listed here is going to a specific engine that I posted a while back. Also, all parts are made using ABS like resin on a resin printer for durability reasons.

First off, we have the 1 x 1 x 1.5 plate or brickette. Now this isn't much to look at, but I developed this for a specific reason, and that is to fill in the gaps that cannot be filled by the standard plate. This part is an in-between having a single Lego plate that would be too short and double Lego plates which would be too big.

IMG_20230804_213430130.jpg

Next up we have my 1 x 2.4 x 1.4 curve piece. This was designed to allow you to have those circular tiles or plates in front of them and still look symmetrical. Perfect if you want to build boilers or anything round for something like a tank car. And inverted version of this part has been designed and will be brought out in good time. Unfortunately, there is a drawback to this part. It is designed to be FLUSHED with the bottom at the 1.6mm section of the already existing curved slopes such as the 1 x 2 x 2/3 piece. As such, it can be very difficult to remove once you have set it in place.

IMG_20230804_213435316.jpg

Now for those in this community wondering, will I have any train related parts as well? The answer is yes. And here is where things get interesting.

I finally perfected(somewhat) my Baldwin Disk Drivers, and I am no longer limited to the size 19 or 62.4mm or 86" in 1/35th scale. I have designed wheels as small as #11 all the way up to the 19. Unfortunately, I am lacking in terms of having a rubber tire placement because originally, the wheels were so big that I feared that the normal tires would not be adequate enough for the job, as such, I recommend that you use tires of something like and MTH Premier Line Passenger Locomotive such as Union Pacific #844. This may be resolved later on, but for now I will leave it as-is for the time being.

IMG_20230804_213414583_HDR.jpg

Next up, we have cab sides. This will not be for sale, due to the fact that these were used on Santa Fe #3463 which will take form soon, hopefully before Christmas. Instead, these parts will be added to kits that will be for sale eventually. This will largely depend on how things will play out in the long term. For the production models if they get on the rails, they will feature windows. On these two, they have a smaller "placement frames" where the windows go. This was because, before, I was printing out using ABS filament on another printer before my resin printer and that prove to be too fragile, not to mention, some of the sections of the former prototypes stuck out like sore thumbs, such as filament that looked like it could go all over the place. Hopefully the resin printed production models won't suffer too much of the same fate of the filament models.

IMG_20230804_213424441_HDR.jpg

Finally, we have what could be the crown jewel. It looks like steam whistle on a Lego piece, because it IS a steam whistle on a Lego piece. The whistle in question that you see is the LFM Santa Fe 6-chime, which to me is one of the best whistles out there. Go to ATSF 2926 if you want to hear the real version in action. But wait, there's MORE. The whistle itself is not there just to set pretty, but also to FUNCTION. I gave it a test on the air compressor, and when I did, IPA that could not be wiped came out THROUGH THE WHISTLE!! Which tells me it works like a steam whistle should. This part may be included on my potential eBay shop, with and without the clips and just in its 1 x 2.4 x 1.4 configuration like the slope piece you saw before. But for now, the LFM whistle and this piece in general is currently what is available. You will also have to do a little DIY if you want it to work properly. This part was originally meant to be a two-piece system where you add the whistle you want on top of the special emplacement, however, this prove to be too fragile and quite compromising, so I went with a one piece system for the durability reason I mentioned before which is what currently works fine. Overall though, I designed this part in particular to not just be decorative, but also functional.

IMG_20230804_213443114.jpg

Let me know what you think of this