I'm so glad the Technic polybags are still on-going. The small ones deserve a separate topic too, so here you go.

• Set nr: 30655
  • Name: Forklift with Pallet
  • Parts: 78
  • Price: 3.99 Euro
  • Release: January 1st 2023

LEGO-Technic-30655-Gabelstapler-mit-PaleLEGO-Technic-30655-Gabelstapler-mit-Pale

26 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

Cool, looks like an nice worm driven linkage for lifting and maybe tilting..

I think it has only a lifting function. The "primary lever", the arm connected to the gear driven by a wormgear stays too distant from the vertical "rails", so the "fork" in the bottom position will be counter-tilted.
Normally the forklifts put the "fork" tilted toward the the cargo when lowered (to ease the loading/unloading) and counter tilted to prenet the cargo sliding out when lifted.

For this nice tiny set, we may add this feature by lowering the gears as far as possible and by adding an additional linkage between the "primary lever" and the "fork cart" to control the "rails" inlcinage, as now they seem to be connected by only gravity.

I've managed to rebuild it from the picture alone. There are several places - and you'll see the bright green parts - that I'm unsure if these are the proper parts and/or spacing for it to work.

It looks great though! If the studio file is off the limits - let me know and I'll delete it.
On the green parts - the 3L beam looks like it should do the job, but it may be replaced with the red panel and work even better, I have no clue. Haven't tested.

As for the front - I'm VERY VERY bad with system pieces and have no idea of the palet size. Thus - the weird 5L spacing between the forks looked like the only solution here.

640x640.png640x640.png

Edited by GTS

38 minutes ago, GTS said:

I've managed to rebuild it from the picture alone. There are several places - and you'll see the bright green parts - that I'm unsure if these are the proper parts and/or spacing for it to work.

It looks great though! If the studio file is off the limits - let me know and I'll delete it.
On the green parts - the 3L beam looks like it should do the job, but it may be replaced with the red panel and work even better, I have no clue. Haven't tested.

As for the front - I'm VERY VERY bad with system pieces and have no idea of the palet size. Thus - the weird 5L spacing between the forks looked like the only solution here.

The pallet is simply 1x8 tiles and 2x 1x3 bricks + 1x 2x3 brick.
3D-Model - 30655.io
30655.jpg

These super tiny sets are often good sources of thin liftarms. For the rest, oh well. If it serves the target audience, that's nice. That said, I think the little lime helicopter from a previous year was nicer.

7 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

I can't seem to picture how the fork mechanism is working here :/

Fork assembly sliding on the 2 long beams and connected through linkages to pivoting arm driven by worm gear.

Edited by R0Sch

41 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

The pallet is simply 1x8 tiles and 2x 1x3 bricks + 1x 2x3 brick.

Totally forgot about this connector. It makes way more sense this way parts-wise too.

As for the mechanism - it's on display here too

I'm not posting my rendition of it as it'll count as a promotion.

Edited by GTS

20 minutes ago, R0Sch said:

Fork assembly sliding on the 2 long beams and connected through linkages to pivoting arm driven by worm gear.

Yes, but I mean how the linkages are working exactually.

Edited by SNIPE

The worm gear is connected to an L shape actuator. The forks slide up and down based on where the short end of the L is. Have a look at the video above. It's the same mechanism with shuffled parts.

The forks are extended to reach ground too. They are lower than the mechanism.

55 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Yes, but I mean how the linkages are working exactually.

Like GTS said and here's how it works in this set:
30655_3.png

On 12/2/2022 at 5:48 PM, R0Sch said:

Like GTS said and here's how it works in this set

Ah ok, thought so but wasnt sure..

So the 4L thin beams cannot rotate completely vertical because the red axle is in the way at the bottom.

Edited by SNIPE

22 hours ago, SNIPE said:

So the 4L thin beams cannot rotate completely vertical because the red ae is in the way at the bottom. 

The worm driven lever is connected to the fork by a 3L beam.
Therefore it's lower point is defined by the down-position of the fork + the 2L half-beams hitting the chassis.

wrn_221203_171338k.png

I wonder if you swap the 3L beam there with a 3x2x1 panel /like the one in the back/ would it break the functionality or the 2 point articulation there is the key to the mechanism.

The panel has an axle connection that can accept the 2L red axle and still articulate on the forks end of the connection.

Edited by GTS

16 hours ago, anyUser said:

Therefore it's lower point is defined by the down-position of the fork + the 2L half-beams hitting the chassis.

Can it reach the lowest position/pick up the pallet from the ground? It looks to me like there may be some trouble whit that.

6 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Can it reach the lowest position/pick up the pallet from the ground? It looks to me like there may be some trouble whit that.

well if it can't, just make the pallet struts 1 plate thicker to raise the base up.

7 hours ago, GTS said:

I wonder if you swap the 3L beam there with a 3x2x1 panel /like the one in the back/ would it break the functionality or the 2 point articulation there is the key to the mechanism. 
The panel has an axle connection that can accept the 2L red axle and still articulate on the forks end of the connection.

The angles between the 4L lever beam, 3L link, and 2L beam at the fork are changing when moving up and down. And the distance of the lever beam to the fork mast changes. I think there's no way the axle hole of the 3x2x1 panel could be used for articulation.

6 hours ago, SaperPL said:

Just when I was going to verify the pickup it didn't work a couple of times. I believe it somehow relies on the slack between the fork and the mast. Just by turning the worm screw the other direction (a bit) helps to put the fork to the lowest position.

Fun little build, I used the stud.io model of @R0Sch to check everything, one remark, on the official pictures the axle and pin connector perp. 3L is black, on the PaB part-list this is DBG (seems an error there). 

Took the freedom to correct this in the 30655 studio model, part list:

30655%20-%20part%20list.png

My build in various stages of lifting the pallet:

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

Works pretty well, although the cone is a little bit small

2 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Fun little build, I used the stud.io model of @R0Sch to check everything, one remark, on the official pictures the axle and pin connector perp. 3L is black, on the PaB part-list this is DBG (seems an error there). 

Took the freedom to correct this in the 30655 studio model, part list:

The 3L axle and pin connector is dbg on the official images too. It looks darker due to the shadows. But it's def. not black if the part list also shows them in dbg.
yHItaa6.jpg

Edited by R0Sch

Couldn't the rear wheels have basic steering if you removed some beams and just have the rear section pivot on the worm gears axle, where the pair of red 3L beams are?

The trans orange cone still operates the forks, the steering has no HOG.

and by removing the black 4L axle on the bottom front it should allow the forks to tilt forward on the friction pins.

Edited by SNIPE