Ngoc Nguyen

42149 Monster Jam Dragon & 42150 Monster Jam Mutt Dalmatian

As I expected, they decided to follow the plan and didn't change the tires. I know, many of us didn't like these ballon tires, and would prefer Wrangler ones, but I still think that ballons are more suitable here, and, moreover, being permanently presented for Pull-Back sets of Monster Jam series will give equal capabilities in all aspects. Otherwise, having newer sets released with new tires, it will impact the older sets "value" and, possibly may violate some terms of agreement with Monster Jam.

The tires make them more jumpy. Tractor tires have better grip and more friction - thus - not that fun for KIDS to play with them. That's my 2c. Experimented with the 42133-42134 combo - that boy had almost the same piece count as the monster jam sets and was jumpy af. The tractor tires are a bit heavier I think too. Less acceleration. And the sets are heavy, compared to the earlier 100+ pieces pullbacks, so you gotta get some power back wherever possible.

Edited by GTS

Dragon uses orange rims? Honestly, she'd have looked better with the metallic rims from Megalodon.

Also, called it with Dally's red rims!

Edited by Maaboo35

56 minutes ago, LvdH said:

There’s a 7 long alternating hole liftarm in green on the hood/bonnet.

Now that's something!!! I see two more in the roof! I like this green color anyway, so it amounts to a nice parts pack!

Wonder if the 7L flip-flop beam will appear in black as well in the beginning of the year in other sets. I already have a build plan that cannot be done without them..

I can already smell the stickers not matching the panel color. Too bad the balloon tires will remain for this series. I would have gladly seen a new monster truck fat tire design for these.

Dalmatian's B model looks like KeepOnBricking's takes on the previous MJ sets.

The green one is nice, also for parts, including the new panels in green. Good spot finding the 7L flip flop beams. To be honest I still don't know how to properly use the longer versions, haven't got used to them yet. Given the dimensions of panels frames, it doesn't surprise me at all that 7L is the next length to appear.

Edited by Erik Leppen
I meant frames, not panels

15 minutes ago, Rotmistrz said:

Yes, new green set. I just hope it's a normal green and not a bright green.

it is normal or dark green (hope it is normal green)

That's good, unfortunately Lego doesn't like the normal green color, there are only two green sets from modern Technic: 42008, 42136. Not too much.

11 minutes ago, Rotmistrz said:

That's good, unfortunately Lego doesn't like the normal green color, there are only two green sets from modern Technic: 42008, 42136. Not too much.

Ah, you forget 42080, which has a substantial amount of green parts.

4 hours ago, Erik Leppen said:

Given the dimensions of panels, it doesn't surprise me at all that 7L is the next length to appear.

Yeah, that’s what I predicted too. And based in this, I am not holding my breath for 9L or 13L to appear. At least I hope they realize how useful the shorter ones would be, so a 5 or 4L would come eventually. Or even 3..

1 hour ago, Maaboo35 said:

Ah, you forget 42080, which has a substantial amount of green parts.

No, I haven't forgotten about this set, I just don't count it because the green color is not dominant. Ugly lime elements spoil the whole model and additionally if instead of white elements ( especially Technic Brick 1 x 12 and  1 x 16 ) they were green, it would be a perfect set.