On 12/3/2022 at 2:39 PM, R0Sch said:

You can check out the partial part list on PaB to see that the axles used are regular 4L for the rear sprockets. There is only 1 4L with stop in dbg.

Edit: And here is my Studio model. I am only left with one 3L pin with axle which I can't find a place for. Maybe someone can figure it out. Extra small red panels replaces with small #21+22 since not available yet.
42148.io
Very cool functions for a 10€ set.

Good posting, how were you able to figure out the build without instructions?

Three functions, five gears, tracks, and a B model in a 10 euro set? This is a winner, it's got as many functions as some 150 euro sets (looking at you 1:10 licensed cars).

Edited by johnnytifosi

5 minutes ago, johnnytifosi said:

Good posting, how were you able to figure out the build without instructions?

With the help of the official high resolution images, 360° video and partial part list available on lego.com. At this scale it's fairly easy.

Cool that they are using the wheel trick to make tracks move on slippery surfaces here also. Some city sets had that ages ago, but I haven't seen it in Technic before.

Seems like a great set in other ways too, so many functions in so small size. I will definitely get this one.

2 hours ago, howitzer said:

Cool that they are using the wheel trick to make tracks move on slippery surfaces here also. Some city sets had that ages ago, but I haven't seen it in Technic before.

Nexo Knights also had a few sets using that, after their wave 1 set fortrex used rubber thread inserts, was the first set with those (and some ninjago/technic sets after, including the still current 42140: App-Controlled Transformation Vehicle)  the other sets afterward all had rubber helper wheels inside.

Of course, smaller threads don't have inserts, so a hidden helper wheel is even better.

Edited by TeriXeri

Looks like a great set. I just wish they made it look like a winch cat. You could probably add just a few more peices, a short peice of string and the hook element. To achieve two more functions.

So you are desiring some more functions...?

Here you are!

- I added a crane with winch (12 t gear on the crane boom) and a ratchet. Rotation is operated by the 12t gear behind the cabin (360 degrees). In order to drive the turntable by the 1L worm gear, a half-stud offset was necessary.

- slightly modified the mechanism for the rear blade (with white 40 year jubilee liftarm)

- had to change the mechanism for the front blade angling - now it is operated by a grey liftarm instead of 12t gear (like the two other original functions)

- added a steering wheel (Do snow groomers have steering wheels? I don't know...) and some lights as well as a substitute (red driving ring shifters) for the cabin's doors (instead of new panel which is to be released in january 2023)

- found another solution for the front blade due to lack of the black 3 L panel in the center

Pictures will be available here soon (it takes some time on brickshelf):

https://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=585395

Edited by Timewhatistime

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

How's the clutch strenght?

Both the same. There are only 2 in this set, which you use for the front track sprockets.

(Rears have a 4l axle with cheater wheels)

1 hour ago, Zerobricks said:

How's the clutch strenght?

I would also how it "wobbles" in the pinhole.

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

I would also how it "wobbles" in the pinhole.

It doesn't wobble more than the left one.

Maybe this is a new stronger version, since you could more easily bend the ends with the longer slot?

Built this set. Really good. Real technic spirit, as there could be most functions per parts count. And those functions are really great for scale.

Just don't get, why beacon was not used? I mean this

250x250p.jpg?1658333831.6766784

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

Built this set. Really good. Real technic spirit, as there could be most functions per parts count. And those functions are really great for scale.

It would look way better but the "axle with stud" used as a mount point for this part does not accept the "beacon" part. It will require adding a 1x1 round plate with a hole as a spacer. But the result will be an authentic-looking beacon that will fall-off easily.

1 hour ago, Jurss said:

No idea, there is a version of this part without the bar

Edited by SNIPE

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

without the bar

Oh yes, I thought there was deeper hole. Just chekced, no :)

But again, there is this part, which could have fitted better. Also for B model would have been OK.

250x250p.jpg?1658333911.5886893

2 hours ago, Jurss said:

Oh yes, I thought there was deeper hole. Just chekced, no :)

But again, there is this part, which could have fitted better. Also for B model would have been OK.

Nah, that part wouldn't fit the scale. If you look at an actual Pistenbully, the beacons are rather small. TLG used the correct part.

PistenBully-4.jpg?w=925

Edited by Maaboo35

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

Here is what I meant, though this is really nit-picky anyhow:

woSlmDj_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

part IDs are; 4770 and 58176

4770 is long out of production, though, but I think it can be useful!

Yes, even it would be out of scale, something like that would have looked better.

41 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

4770 is long out of production, though, but I think it can be useful!

And partially because of structure issues: being made of polycarbonate mix, it had too thin walls and starts to crack easily. It was a "necessary evil" for 9V lamps, to cover them for colored lights effect but was rarely used as a standalone part somewhere.