This thing is brilliant! It looks superb in this scale imho.

Functions:

- Tilting and angling of the front blade

- Tilting of the rear

And it has rubber wheels on the back to get the tread rolling, really clever!

LEGO-Technic-42148-Pistenraupe-01-1200x6

Neat set. The A model looks credible despite the small scale, and has nice little functions. Also, good source of track links. And good to see that despite all the new panels, the good old technic tooth still stands strong. The B model looks a bit weird, but hey, a B model isn't a given these days so I'm glad there is one at all :)

Looks like really nice tiny set... Is it wrong that few last years my most enjoyable sets are those starter ones? (not counting epic 42129)
And here my try to recreate it in ldd... Only ptentional downside could be that i predicting using 9L axle on rear sprockets.... (its black on official renders. not dbg or reddinsh brown that 4l and 5l with stop are)
image.png

Edited by Arioh

53 minutes ago, Arioh said:

Looks like really nice tiny set... Is it wrong that few last years my most enjoyable sets are those starter ones? (not counting epic 42129)

You are not alone here. TLG actually seems to put the correct number of functions in these sets.

This one is great!

2 hours ago, Arioh said:

And here my try to recreate it in ldd... Only ptentional downside could be that i predicting using 9L axle on rear sprockets.... (its black on official renders. not dbg or reddinsh brown that 4l and 5l with stop are)
image.png

A weird idea... What if that Black axle is a 3L friction pin with 2L axle part? Ten, the axle part is used for 16t gear and a pinholes, while friction part is used for the wheel. I don’t rmeeber if these thin wheels were ever made with axle hole, but with a pin hole they are used at the Dump Truck. So, this setup will use the existing parts and allow a better turn feature, while a solid 9L axle will not... 

14 minutes ago, Void_S said:

:thumbup: Then, both options are possible equally. Let's wait and see. 

Of course the rear axle is split into 2x 4L and the rims are the axle hole version. You want to be able to steer after all.

2 hours ago, R0Sch said:

Of course the rear axle is split into 2x 4L and the rims are the axle hole version. You want to be able to steer after all.

but then what is keeping the black 4L axle from coming out? If the wheel has a pin hole and the 2 beams have pinholes then the axle isnt properly locked in. Lego would never do this, so I think its either

A. solid axle all the way thru (unlikley because black means its an even length  axle but the models width is an odd length)

B. two 4L axles with a 1L spacing and 2 wheels containing axle holes.

12 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

Maybe just a 4L with stop in black?

I hope so

5 hours ago, SNIPE said:

but then what is keeping the black 4L axle from coming out? If the wheel has a pin hole and the 2 beams have pinholes then the axle isnt properly locked in. Lego would never do this, so I think its either

A. solid axle all the way thru (unlikley because black means its an even length  axle but the models width is an odd length)

B. two 4L axles with a 1L spacing and 2 wheels containing axle holes.

After rethinking, i guess that most likely it would be B variant - regular black 4L axle that held on one side 16t gear used as sprocket, and on other side by wheel itself...

You can check out the partial part list on PaB to see that the axles used are regular 4L for the rear sprockets. There is only 1 4L with stop in dbg.

Edit: And here is my Studio model. I am only left with one 3L pin with axle which I can't find a place for. Maybe someone can figure it out. Extra small red panels replaces with small #21+22 since not available yet.
42148.io
42148_3.png42148_2.png
Very cool functions for a 10€ set.
42148.png

Edited by R0Sch
added renders

Ah, I didn't know the plow moves in 2 axis. Yeah, this is a good set.

Edited by SNIPE

On 12/2/2022 at 11:55 AM, Jundis said:

This thing is brilliant! It looks superb in this scale imho.

Functions:

- Tilting and angling of the front blade

- Tilting of the rear

And it has rubber wheels on the back to get the tread rolling, really clever!

Don't get me wrong, but here is more or less the same solution...

13 minutes ago, 1gor said:

Don't get me wrong, but here is more or less the same solution...

The difference is that, the excavator used that single wheel as a cheat to not need to pass the drive input to the wheels that have steering, while here in this set those are made because the tracks will most likely slip on various flat surfaces.

The set is really cool as a parts donor though and the good part is that those small tracks will be available in even cheaper set.

5 minutes ago, SaperPL said:

The difference is that, the excavator used that single wheel as a cheat to not need to pass the drive input to the wheels that have steering, while here in this set those are made because the tracks will most likely slip on various flat surfaces.

I know but similar principle...

What a cool little set, fun to build and play with. Below my version without some newer parts. The use of that panel (71682 ) with three axle holes is very good, I couldn't come up with a solution so quick with exactly the same result:

800x600.JPG

800x600.JPG

Edited by GerritvdG

I didn't realise there were 2 functions for the front blade and 1 for the rear as well, I thought it was only one function for the front. All the controls are centralised as well. Of course I'm waiting for bigger things but this is a great little Technic set.