2 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

The 7L beam is used in the 75533-1

Oh, I didn't follow that one, thanks. Is there anything else technic available besides the parts in 42099?

Yes, the 42101, I've had quite some fun making alternatives of that set. The Bright Light Orange 2x4 liftarm is also pretty rare, only used in one Bionicle set (8755).

46 minutes ago, GerritvdG said:

Yes, the 42101, I've had quite some fun making alternatives of that set. The Bright Light Orange 2x4 liftarm is also pretty rare, only used in one Bionicle set (8755).

Yeah I only have 14 of them in orange

1 hour ago, GerritvdG said:

Yes, the 42101, I've had quite some fun making alternatives of that set.

That's a nice one, those small panels could be useful!

17 minutes ago, SNIPE said:

Yeah I only have 14 of them in orange

Do you mean in Bright Light Orange?

34 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

That's a nice one, those small panels could be useful!

Do you mean in Bright Light Orange?

Nah just regular orange, I though this set is normal orange and dark blue?

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with flame yellowish orange (LDD) bright orange (LDD) orange (bricklink) and bright yellowish orange (bricklink).

Edited by SNIPE

1 hour ago, SNIPE said:

Nah just regular orange, I though this set is normal orange and dark blue?

Maybe I'm getting mixed up with flame yellowish orange (LDD) bright orange (LDD) orange (bricklink) and bright yellowish orange (bricklink).

This set is 100% in bright light orange (aka flame yellowish orange) and dark blue.

On 12/2/2022 at 1:17 PM, Jundis said:

This surely is a new connector, but couldn't it be done with a combination of these pieces:

10197.t1.png32013.t1.png

Wouldn't be that secure, as the axle is not secured as a pin, but do we really need a new part just for that solution?

Applied this solution to the 42147 on my desk and it works flawlessly, better then the original. 

Maybe this solution doesn't meed TLG's standards, or they need some extra parts for the B-model. I don't understand for example why they've added the 5L liftarm to limit the steering range. This range is already limited by the steering linkage....

I'm thinking about replacing the wheel arches with these: https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=78666&colorID=110

Because the lego wheel arch plates that are 4L wide are too deep (2L) but it might mean moving the axle foward by 0.5L because currently the wheels centre points are aligned to a stud, not inbetween them by 0.5L.

Edited by SNIPE

22 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Applied this solution to the 42147 on my desk and it works flawlessly, better then the original. 

Maybe this solution doesn't meed TLG's standards, or they need some extra parts for the B-model. I don't understand for example why they've added the 5L liftarm to limit the steering range. This range is already limited by the steering linkage....

Dito. Only reason for the limited steering could be that the test audience (kids 7+) tipped the truck while steering too hard, so they limited the steering for bettter playability... Strangely, as a kid I remember loving that some toys had such great steering you didn't have to back up for tight corners.  

I don't have any 78666 so I used a simular but too big part for the mudguards. The wheels are now 0.5 foward using the good ol'  "axlehole with 4 pins" (32138) connector.

20221206-091913.jpg

20221206-091930.jpg

20221206-091939.jpg

And yes , the tipper is (for now) supporting the cabin..

I made the colors as close as possible with the parts I had.

regards, Snipe

Edited by SNIPE

Very interesting, how this small set can provide so many speculations). New parts is always good i think this january we will have a lot of new parts, maybe more then last year.

Some renders with custom parts installed:

640x360.png640x360.png640x360.png

This new "Technic Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with 2 Pins" (or however it will be officially called) may turn any liftarm into a flip-flop one. Like "Pin with a pinhole" does but with only one degree of freedom, that may be required in some situations.

4 hours ago, Void_S said:

This new "Technic Pin Connector Perpendicular 3L with 2 Pins" (or however it will be officially called) may turn any liftarm into a flip-flop one. Like "Pin with a pinhole" does but with only one degree of freedom, that may be required in some situations.

In the general part thread I wrote that I got disapointed for not being able to use the 7 x 11 frame to brace a 4-speed gearbox. This part could compliment those frames very nicly and solve that problem.

Finished!

Here is 42147 my way

I replaced the knobs with a beacon (steering) and a fake fuel drum  (tipper) and added seats.

I dont have the 1x2 half arch bricks so I used 1x2 curved slopes for the mudguards.

And of course, I had to move the axle
0.5L forward using this part as a steering hub, so that the wheel would fit in the centre of the mudguards.

I also added a tailgate that locks open or closed though it is a little heavy so gravity does not make it swing open and it is not in dark blue.

I gave the tipper mechanism more friction so that it does not keep collapsing, and added opening doors.

640x288.jpg

640x288.jpg

640x288.jpg

640x288.jpgMore photos here

Regards, snipe

Edited by SNIPE

Given that 42101 exists and has 117 parts for the same amount of money as this set - I'm a bit perplexed where does the TLC/TLG make money on these sets?

Even looking at 42084 - this set has a lot of big pieces for such a small set /not counting 42044/.

Also i wish they used the juniors/4+ whatever dual moulded wheels. They could have used the deep side for the rear axle and a star pattern for the front

N50DWX1.jpg

1 hour ago, Polarlicht said:

Also i wish they used the juniors/4+ whatever dual moulded wheels. They could have used the deep side for the rear axle and a star pattern for the front

N50DWX1.jpg

Well, these wheels are already dual-molded, as they have "deep" and "spokes" sides:

10563.png

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Well, these wheels are already dual-molded, as they have "deep" and "spokes" sides:

10563.png

I mean this wheel https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=74214c01&idColor=86#T=C&C=86 , which has an even deeper side than the ones you show.

And with dual moulded i mean the tyre is fixed on the rim on these.

Edited by Polarlicht

12 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

Here is the new connector

Y8Ng9BE.jpg

I exactly know what I am going to do tomorrow with some old parts :devil: .

16 hours ago, Repkovsky said:

it looks like the designer still didn't decide if the doors should be a part of the cabin structure and keep its shape, or be openable...