2 minutes ago, mpj said:

In your solution you have an axle on the top, instead of a pin, so that would not consent connection to the liftarm.

3 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

Nothing would hold it, it would literally fall out to the bottom, no? It can only be connected from the top, there's no space below.

It would be held by a normal 2L pin on the steering rods end, but not on the center. And yes, it would be unstable, but still, I don't see the need for such a specialized part just for 1 solution...

DSC-0708.jpg

2 minutes ago, Jundis said:

It would be held by a normal 2L pin on the steering rods end, but not on the center. And yes, it would be unstable, but still, I don't see the need for such a specialized part just for 1 solution...

DSC-0708.jpg

How can it steer?

I think this is how the new part is applied.

- the black liftarm is used to connect everything to the chasis

- the 3L liftarm is for limiting the range

- the connector is used for steering 

640x853.jpeg

I think the new part is 65489  without the downward facing pins 

17 minutes ago, Jundis said:

On the yellow axle, onto I hold... :D

I mean, the orange connector cannot rotate in the 5L thin red liftarms!

Indeed, seems like 48989 without pins on one side. Oddly specific part though, and weird to see it in same color as 48989, I would expect a different color to prevent mix-ups.

Edited by Zerobricks

5 minutes ago, mpj said:

I mean, the orange connector cannot rotate in the 5L thin red liftarms!

It's a normal 5L liftarm, not 2 1/2 studs with axle hole at ends ;-)

21 minutes ago, Jundis said:

It's a normal 5L liftarm, not 2 1/2 studs with axle hole at ends ;-)

Ahhh! Not stable at all then :head_back:

4 minutes ago, mpj said:

Ahhh! Not stable at all then :head_back:

That's what i said in my first comment :D

But still stable enough for such a small build

3 hours ago, Unbrickme said:

I believe that this model was designed by the legendary Markus Kossman because the license plate says "KM42147" and I think that KM stands for Kossman, Markus. Also he loves to design construction vehicles and the B model is an excavator, so that's another reason as to why I believe that he was the designer

"AP Transport" might be a reference to another Technic designer, Alfred Pedersen. Also, "KM" could possibly be a nod to Kamaz trucks, on which this truck is apparently based.

Edited by Maaboo35

I've build this little truck with the parts listed on (and the colors I had available):

https://www.lego.com/nl-nl/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick?query=&page=2&filters.i0.key=variants.attributes.appearsIn&filters.i0.ranges.i0.from="42147%3A"&filters.i0.ranges.i0.to="42147%3A9999"&sku=42147

800x600.jpeg

800x600.jpeg

and I can confirm it won't run without the variant of the 48989...

Anyone interested in a studio file, or is someone already working on this?

Edited by GerritvdG

3 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

Anyone interested in a studio file, or is someone already working on this?

I am actually working on it. Will be ready in about 1-2 hours.

and a Render from the other side, I'm not completely sure about the dumping linkage. I think my version above works better, but suspect that this is the official version:42147%20Dump%20Truck.png

Cross referencing the part list and part count I concluded that the dumping linkage is constructed like this:
42147.jpg
Here's my Studio file: 42147.io

8 hours ago, GerritvdG said:

No, I think it's a 65489 but with only 2 pins instead of 4, just like @SNIPE was thinking

We will, see, but I don’t think so, because its corner on the image does not look like that, furthermore if there is a pin in the middle as well then it does not make sense not to have a perpendicular pinhole in the middle I think.

11 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

"AP Transport" might be a reference to another Technic designer, Alfred Pedersen. Also, "KM" could possibly be a nod to Kamaz trucks, on which this truck is apparently based.

Good points, although I strongly doubt that LEGO would make a truck based on the Kamaz trucks

10 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

We will, see, but I don’t think so, because its corner on the image does not look like that, furthermore if there is a pin in the middle as well then it does not make sense not to have a perpendicular pinhole in the middle I think.

Presumably the pin in the middle is just a frictionless 2L pin added to the pinhole in the part. Just like you’d do with 65489.

Thanks @R0Sch for the 360, spotted one error in your Render, the LBG frictionless pin should be an black friction pin in the dumping linkage.

Updated the stud.io file and this should be the part list, there are some remarks though:

• 176 pieces total, expected 177 (not yet found what the last part should be...)
  • not all 'bestseller' parts seems to be on the pick-a-brick list, for example the 4L axle for the steering
  • new part: used the old 48989 (that will be a new part without pins at one side)
  • new part: used the 32039 axle connector instead of the new micro panels (the new panel has two axle holes as already shown in the render of @R0Sch
  • recolor: the panel curved 11*3 in dark blue is a new color of 62531 

42147%20Dump%20Truck%20-%20part%20list.p

Edited by GerritvdG

I see you are using bright light orange. I initially thought it was regular orange, but maybe bright light orange is indeed closer to the color of the first photo. To me, that makes the set somewhat more interesting, even though there are only a few parts in the color.

4 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Presumably the pin in the middle is just a frictionless 2L pin added to the pinhole in the part. Just like you’d do with 65489.

Indeed, I already realized it in the general parts thread.

35 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

I see you are using bright light orange. I initially thought it was regular orange, but maybe bright light orange is indeed closer to the color of the first photo. To me, that makes the set somewhat more interesting, even though there are only a few parts in the color.

Hmm, that would be nice if something bigger came later in bright light orange, it’s a nice color but currently not too useful. If this set had that color, only the 7L beam would be new I think.

8 minutes ago, gyenesvi said:

If this set had that color, only the 7L beam would be new I think.

All parts in bright light orange in this set are already available. The 7L beam is used in the 75533-1

We'll see what the color will be, but I think bright light orange has a good chance...