StudWorks

Need help to make figure's legs able to rotate

I have never built an action figure with Lego before, but after tons of trial and error I'm happy how the legs came out so far. My only problem is I need to find a solution to keep the articulation the legs already have while adding the ability for the legs to rotate for even more dynamic poses.

Photos from Studio are below, any advice would be very appreciated, I look forward to making many more figures in the future and I want the articulation to be accurate.

Screen%20Shot%202022-11-28%20at%202.24.5Screen%20Shot%202022-11-28%20at%202.24.5

3 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Rotate at the upper thigh or at the knee?
As if it's the knee. Just swap out the hinge for a mixel ball joint. 

It’s the upper thigh. Any tips?

Edited by StudWorks

Well you might want to test that build in real life first. Looks a bit fragile. That is if you want to make this irl.

If it just for use in Stud.io

This design should work thigh_build.png

9 hours ago, Takanuinuva said:

Well you might want to test that build in real life first. Looks a bit fragile. That is if you want to make this irl.

If it just for use in Stud.io

This design should work

I built it IRL and yeah, while it works it's too fragile. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

6 hours ago, StudWorks said:

I built it IRL and yeah, while it works it's too fragile. Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks.

No idea. There really isn't a build that would work like that while keeping the same proportions and design.

Thanks for the advice! I ended up finding a way for the knee to rotate, getting the articulation I was going for.

400x556.png