Sign in to follow this  
kris kelvin

[MOC] Great Redoubt

Hello there :)

This time you can see Great Redoubt. It will be (I hope) part of much bigger diorama of our Lug Zbudujmy.to. It`s of course inspired by napoleonic wars. Hope you enjoy it :D

Great Redoubt

Edited by kris kelvin

23 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

This part is very cool and have a strong trench look. Can't wait to see the whole.

Special mention to the wooden ramp for the guns (net technic ?)

a :thumbup: for me !

Thank you good man :)

No, no net technic. Simple tiles on plates.

This is a magnificently constructed artillery position. :pir-huzzah2: The uniforms are also well made.

16 hours ago, NOD said:

This is a magnificently constructed artillery position. :pir-huzzah2: The uniforms are also well made.

I`m glad you like it :)

1 hour ago, chofus said:

Awesome, i hope we seen whole diorama soon.

Probably in next year.

I hope...

On 11/28/2022 at 7:03 PM, Professor Thaum said:

This part is very cool and have a strong trench look. Can't wait to see the whole.

Now, if only we had a talented Pirate Forum Moderator to move this topic to the Pirate MOC subforum. :pir-grin:

On 11/27/2022 at 9:55 PM, kris kelvin said:

It`s of course inspired by napoleonic wars. Hope you enjoy it :D

It sure does look like a muddy battlefield!

For those who aren't up with their Napoleonic history, who's fighting who in this battle?

And are there any close-up photos? There seems to be a lot going on here, so it would be good to zoom in on the points of interest.

9 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

It sure does look like a muddy battlefield!

For those who aren't up with their Napoleonic history, who's fighting who in this battle?

And are there any close-up photos? There seems to be a lot going on here, so it would be good to zoom in on the points of interest.

Thank you :)

I hate taking pictures, but this picture on Flickr is quite big (3000x1650) so you can see a lot :D
Inspiration was Austrian Empire - yellow wheels and white uniforms for infantry and brown/white for artillery crew. But that`s just loose inspiration :)

Thanks for moving this Dear Professor Thaum (good name, you could be count Thaum, general of Austrian Empire :D)

3 hours ago, kris kelvin said:

I hate taking pictures, but this picture on Flickr is quite big (3000x1650) so you can see a lot :D

I suppose you could crop but that's not quite the same as zooming in or moving in closer with a camera...

image.png