Ayrlego

The Seawatch Campaign - Coordination Thread

On 3/22/2024 at 3:50 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

@Justsomebrix, okay so how's this for a narrative;

The Lotus Empire begins to suffer massive upheavals and desertions across it's holdings as a result of the prophecy. The small kingdom of Peri, seizes this oppertunity to throw off Lotii oppression. 

On Oleonda, the seizable Periese contingent, disgusted with the Lotus empire's performance opens ovetures toward the Coalition on their own. These are turned away by Oleon and Corrington but Eslandola makes terms with them, promissing to lend assistance with an expeditionary force to Peri to back the result. This is seen as a violation of the terms to 'not make independant peace terms with the Lotii. Oleon and Carno, alarmed by this developement and never truley wishing to share the island, begin fortifying the government district of Seawatch and barring access to it for Corrington and Eslandola and hiring Sea Rats to seize the other Lotii settlement and turn it over. Natuarally the Sea Rats keep it or smash it up horribly and leave. Corrington, frustrated with their allies prepares to take it's whole force and leave, breaking the term of keeping 300 troops on the island.

This 'should' get everyone mad at everyone?

I like the plan, in this way everyone will have their faults in breaking up the coalition, but nobody would have the role of the all-out traitor! I honestly would see the Sea Rats more easily hired (storywise) against the Empires, not on their side, but this is obviously up to them.

My only point about Corrington is why they'd want to leave now that the war is over and a huge power gap is opening on the East side of the island, and what is the "advantage" they gain... simply slipping out a war they didn't really want to be involved into?

1 hour ago, Keymonus said:

My only point about Corrington is why they'd want to leave now that the war is over and a huge power gap is opening on the East side of the island, and what is the "advantage" they gain... simply slipping out a war they didn't really want to be involved into?

Something that I just thought of that could be a reasonable argument would be that after researching all of the recent natural disasters, our scientists predict a cataclysmic event in the near future (after all we are know for science + 2 of our 3 entries to "a storm is brewing" challenge are research/science related). We keep this information for ourselves and make our n1 priority to reinforce all of our settlements. Therefore all our troops on the island are called back to be stationed in our various settlements instead.

However the storm ends up hitting while many of our ships and troops are at sea.

I think this addition to the plot could add some extra drama as Oleon could suspect Corrington of hiding something (the cataclysmic event). Which would add even more tention between the two as Corrington breaks the "Articles of Coalition"

On 3/21/2024 at 3:27 AM, Justsomebrix said:

(- Eslandola : I honestly I'm not sure what their ambitions in joining the alliance was, so I don't have any suggestions for how they could react:grin:)

I am convinced that Eslandola wants to help! Maybe it would be interesting to reintroduce the Letters of Marque in ERA III.

On 3/22/2024 at 3:50 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

This is seen as a violation of the terms to 'not make independant peace terms with the Lotii. Oleon and Carno, alarmed by this developement and never truley wishing to share the island, begin fortifying the government district of Seawatch and barring access to it for Corrington and Eslandola and hiring Sea Rats to seize the other Lotii settlement and turn it over. Natuarally the Sea Rats keep it or smash it up horribly and leave.

That sounds interesting! The Sea Rats are neutral and are very willing to help the underdog.

12 hours ago, Keymonus said:

I honestly would see the Sea Rats more easily hired (storywise) against the Empires, not on their side, but this is obviously up to them.

Good idea, I like that best!

58 minutes ago, NOD said:

Eslandola : I honestly I'm not sure what their ambitions in joining the alliance was

Making the seas safe for merchants from the Lotus scourge! But because Eslandola is really just a collection of mercantile fiefdoms, only two of the wealthiest merchant kings joined in the fight. Although one of them surely had territorial desires.

1 hour ago, NOD said:

it would be interesting to reintroduce the Letters of Marque in ERA III

I sincerely hope they continue to exist in Era III. They are a must for such a seafaring game! :pir-triumph:

Some neat story ideas, but I’m partial to the simple solution to end the conflict:

1. Volcanoes.  Volcanoes for everyone!

2. Everyone on the island gets bbq’ed a bit and leaves cranky.

3. Somewhere in hell, Meloche laughs hysterically.

Bonus: Prio/Romantica also get volcanoes until they decide on a single name.  Uppity purple gits…

Ok.  I’ll go back to lurking again. 🙃

On 3/27/2024 at 2:46 PM, Kwatchi said:

Volcanoes.  Volcanoes for everyone!

The Archbishop has a habit of leaving the region just before a volcano hits. What insider intel is he getting from the Lord of the Underworld?

Greetings! A new fort right next to Seawatch has just been constructed by the 2nd Infantry Battalion d'Division 3, named "Fort Firmo", Fort Firmo will be comanded by Olson's Maj Collins. 

Even though all fighting has practically been halted against Lotus, it's still important to keep an eye out for potential lurkers 👀.

The duties of Fort Firmo are simple, to house soldiers to patrol Seawatch, and patrol a decent amount of the mainland away from Seawatch with "SAR" operations (Search And Recover). All weapons that are found out on patrol will be captured, documented, and if needed, repaired at a weapons repair station in Ft Firmo. Ft Firmo will provide small arms and artillery repair, housing, and serve as storage aswell.

Fort Firmo is a small, but necessary fort, as logistics is always a huge key component in warfighting. 2nd Battalion is committed on keeping Seawatch safe, and supporting ourselves and allies in this continuous operation.

(Patrols will begin shortly, currently waiting upon the arrival of newer feild equiptment)

20240421_111255-1