Ayrlego

The Seawatch Campaign - Coordination Thread

Note: the deadline for round one of the operations has passed, but I wanted to depict our soldiers in action in this first phase… hoping to show their victorious advance in the next round!

Edited by Keymonus

20 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

It has been nearly a month. How did the battle play out?

News from the front is slow, but we should hear something before all the ships reach port.

On 6/10/2023 at 11:05 AM, Bricksbypidy said:

Im new with Campaigns, but when can when aspect the results of this battle? 

The campaigns are something quite new for everyone, as we just had only a previous one that actually only lasted a couple of turns (Terraversa campaign). Behind the results, there are a calculation phase and some writing ups. As the people who can manage the process are not many, and they do it in their free time, the times can be expected to be quite long

37 minutes ago, Keymonus said:

The campaigns are something quite new for everyone, as we just had only a previous one that actually only lasted a couple of turns (Terraversa campaign). Behind the results, there are a calculation phase and some writing ups. As the people who can manage the process are not many, and they do it in their free time, the times can be expected to be quite long

Ah okay, I didn't know that. I'll be patient!

On 5/3/2023 at 2:47 PM, Capt Wolf said:

News from the front is slow, but we should hear something before all the ships reach port.

Any news on this? 

6 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Any news on this? 

No. I haven't heard from the correspondent yet.

The battle has been decided! Coalition forces victorious, but the Lotus still poses a threat on El Oleonda!

Should anyone wish for more feedback on tactics or combat resolution, etc. please let me know.

Note: for ease of tracking, here you can see an old post of mine, about General Francois' death.

Hello everyone! 

Era 3 is quickly falling upon us, and with that I think its finaly time we end the seawatch campaign!

As we've tried making pretty clear without revealing to much about our plans for era 3, we in the council want the most chaos possible for when we make the transition into the new era (after all, a storm is coming:pir-skel:).

Therefore I have a proposition as to how we can end the invasion of El Oleonda, a sort of pre-planed co-op storyline which aims to set certain elements/motions into place as we conclude the war and enter a new era.

I suggest that the natural disasters we are seeing all over the new world are reminiscent of a Lotus profecy of "the end of the world". Leading them to suffer mass desertion from their troops, forcing them to make a full scale retreat from el oleonda. (We can discover this however we want, but for example we could have our scouts intercept one of the last retreating forces, and then interogate the prisoners)

When our 3 empires learn that El Oleonda is suddenly under their control, this should naturally lead to some tentions rising.

This is of course up to each faction how they wish to react, but here is what seems logical to me :

- Oleon wanting full control over the island, argues that the coalision should push forward.

- Corrington however, who mainly aimed to protect their commerce ; sees that the Lotus aren't a threat to them anymore and orders their troops off the island.

(- Eslandola : I honestly I'm not sure what their ambitions in joining the alliance was, so I don't have any suggestions for how they could react:grin:)

We should aim to break our already fragile alliance (ideally none of us will be on friendly terms when era 3 starts), creating some last minute drama for era 2. Additionaly for some undisclosed reasons it would be great to have as many ships at sea when the era ends (the mcra are closed until era 3 so this is only in terms of storytelling) so if the factions could send warships full of soldiers out at sea, that would be great.

Let me know what you think! :pir-huzzah2:

5 hours ago, Justsomebrix said:

Eslandola : I honestly I'm not sure what their ambitions in joining the alliance was

If memory serves, the nation didn't join, but gave permission for their members to act as mercenaries. I may be wrong there, though. 

Happy to wrap this campaign up quickly. Can someone build some scenes from the Lotii perspective so that the storyline works?

I'd be glad to make a scene of some troops discovering a deserted Lotus camp to kick start the mystery.

But we don't want to rush to the conclusion as we want the storyline to end right as we transition to the new era.

However there's plenty of possibilities to show the tensions rising within our ranks. Maybe we too suffer desertion ? Maybe fights break out between our troops? (For example, when Corrington order it's troops off the island, some Oleon troops could see this as cowardice/treason to their alliance and turn violent)

Let's make the conclusion of this boring war the most exciting part of it!:pir-triumph:

Great idea. Ordering all troops off the island violates the 'Articles of Coalition'. Problem solved there.

Hello guys! I have to say that I’m not 100% convinced about the idea… as I said other times, I personally like the idea of having settlements of NPC nations around the archipelago (not necessarily playing an active role), as a chance to build aesthetically diverse things. Without them, everything would turn in a rather “dull” Caribbean setting. Moreover, they always represented “safe” targets for campaigns, wars etc. All the times an event pitched directly one nation against the other (the Malto Crisis, the Second Terraversan war) we had a lot of grudges from all the sides, and things never lasted longer than a couple of rounds.

It’s perfectly fine closing the Seawatch campaign (the transition between Eras blocked it at round 1, and there is no real possibility of developments for the next months), but still it saw a lot of involvement of all the active players… saying just “eh, it’s boring, the Lotii have disappeared”  would be a rather sad way of moving forth.

If we want chaos among factions, it’s something we can easily justify (before El Oleonda we were basically killing one another on Terraversa), but before wiping out ships, troops and  especially settlements or islands, please remember that they are the results of the efforts of several people throughout the last ages, who spent time to shape them in the way they are now.

@Keymonus I understand your concernes, but I hope that it will make more sense once we've announced more of Era 3 (I promise my intentions behind the suggestions isn't just to exterminate ships and troops*huh*)

Also I did not mean to insult anyone with my "boring" remark, I'm very sorry if it came out that way. I was very intrigued by the war at first and I think some great mocs and stories have come out of it. I was more so refering to the time it has taken to finish this storyline. The Lotus conflict started right as I joined the game, now it's been over 2 years and the Seawatch campaign itself has lasted more than a year...

7 hours ago, Keymonus said:

I personally like the idea of having settlements of NPC nations ... they always represented “safe” targets for campaigns, ... the Second Terraversan war

If I'm understanding correctly, the Second Terraversan War was originally between Oleon and Royalist Terraversa vs Independent Terraversa. Other PC nations decided to involve themselves afterwards. Likewise, the Lotii war was originally between Corrington and the Lotii. If you want "Safe" targets for campaigns, you might want to set up rules to exclude other nations from getting involved after things have kicked off. 

@Justsomebrix, okay so how's this for a narrative;

The Lotus Empire begins to suffer massive upheavals and desertions across it's holdings as a result of the prophecy. The small kingdom of Peri, seizes this oppertunity to throw off Lotii oppression. 

On Oleonda, the seizable Periese contingent, disgusted with the Lotus empire's performance opens ovetures toward the Coalition on their own. These are turned away by Oleon and Corrington but Eslandola makes terms with them, promissing to lend assistance with an expeditionary force to Peri to back the result. This is seen as a violation of the terms to 'not make independant peace terms with the Lotii. Oleon and Carno, alarmed by this developement and never truley wishing to share the island, begin fortifying the government district of Seawatch and barring access to it for Corrington and Eslandola and hiring Sea Rats to seize the other Lotii settlement and turn it over. Natuarally the Sea Rats keep it or smash it up horribly and leave. Corrington, frustrated with their allies prepares to take it's whole force and leave, breaking the term of keeping 300 troops on the island.

This 'should' get everyone mad at everyone?

Or better yet, the desperate Lotii governor could hire madrician pirates as mercenaries(Sea Rats) to hold the last settlement (Orient?) on the island alongside diehard Lotii and the Monumoto contingent.

This would simply break up the coalition. Eslandola gets a new ally and an exclusive new market in turmoil, reactionary Oleon retains its ally and the status quo, the Searats get a new settlement(when they inevitably kidnap the Lotii governor🤣, but what about Corrington? Also, they could let the WTC off the leash too for more fun.

I dig it! Sounds like we could get a lot of interesting builds out of it!

12 hours ago, Jeff of Clubs said:

but what about Corrington?

I asked the faction chat about it, but I personaly don't have an issue with that. I just wan't a fun progression for the seawatch campaign :pir-huzzah1: