Ayrlego

The Seawatch Campaign - Coordination Thread

In an effort to ease mistrust and maneuvers and to properly exercise the war against the Lotus Empire,  his most Impeccable Majesty, King Philip has authorized the commander of 3.Division de la Armee "Oleonda", one General du Brigade Hercule Francois, the Vicomte Guemain, to forward his most Dapper Majesty's own 'Articles of Coalition'.

-Gasps for Air-

Section I:

Article I: No member nation may initiate or accept independent peace terms with the Lotus Empire.

Article II: A commitment of mutual defense of all member nations by all member nations against the Lotus Empire. For example, please note the proximity of the Lotus mainland to all of our colonial capitols.

Article III: A commitment by all member nations to maintain at least two hundred (200) soldiers on the island of Oleonda until the cessation of hostilities with the Lotus Empire.

Article IV: Under NO circumstances, may the bilious Wayfarer Trading Company (WTC) be permitted an Independent Command within sight of any soldier, HORSE, cannon, wagon, rubbish heap or even errant cutlery owned by his most Transcendent Majesty, King Phillip or his most loyal servants.

Section II:

It is also his majesty's prerogative to inquire as to the willingness of this 1st Coalition's member nations to issue Letters of Marque to almost any vessel and crew who would do harm unto our enemy.

Section III:

What attends the aforementioned is detailed plan authored by one, Colonel Beauchamp and delivered by an authorized agent in the form of one, Chef de Bataillon Valentin de Glenson, Chief Liaison of 3.Division de la Army "Oleonda". All coalition members are asked to give this plan their earnest attention.

'La Manoeuver sur les Derrieres'

I would favor a plan where the column, complete with the flankers and scouts already MOC'd deliberately advances to Seawatch while, with coordination, the forces in Seawatch step up activity to "fix" the Lotii in place while being prepared to sally forth when they see our forces take the field. Fortified Seawatch with it's now huge garrison sallies forth, engaging the Lotii and providing the anvil. From the flank and rear, our column approaches as the hammer. 

SeawatchMapboard

Phase 1: Ongoing

Red and Green increase patrols to find and fix Lotii forces near Seawatch

Red and Green prepare for major combat

Blue approach march to Seawatch expecting contact forward. 

SeawatchMapboard_3

Phase 2: When Blue forces arrive near Seawatch

Red and Green sally from Seawatch to fix and hold Lotii in place.

Blue assaults Lotii flank/rear. Oblique attack, roll the line up from whatever flank is closer to Seawatch, therefore by attacking we are actually effecting the link up. 

SeawatchMapboard_4

Phase 3: LInk up complete, press assault

Red, Green, Blue continue attack from front and flank. 

R/G/B commit reserves (for what it is worth, I'd love to see COL Beauchamp and the 1st Grenadiers in the thickest of the fight, as the reserve delivering the final blow or main effort making the first assault. 

Phase 4. Exploit

R/G/B exploit with cavalry running down broken Lotii units to kill and capture routed troops in a pursuit. 

A diversionary raid from Jiangkai will also be effected by La Grand Armee;

Commander: Captain Guillaume Tiger Dupont

Forces involved: a company of light infantry (1 platoon of colonial chasseurs, 2 platoons of Jiangkai tirailleurs), plus some native guides.

Aims: harass enemy forces, sack and destroy the supplies, delay or impair the arrival of reinforcements to the frontline, divert enemy troops to irrelevant areas.

Credits to @CapOnBOBS and @Keymonus for their vigorous planning!

@Ayrlego, @Capt Wolf! Let the yelling commence!

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

Hey guys, how can I make a concrete contribution to this campaign? I don't quite understand the complete story (with all the characters...) (bad at English, sorry).

1 hour ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Hey guys, how can I make a concrete contribution to this campaign? I don't quite understand the complete story (with all the characters...) (bad at English, sorry).

Hey @Bricksbypidy - Please follow up with that question in our faction PM chat and we can strategize some ways you can build for the campaign! Often builds that show us increasing our odds of success in battle help us win! Things like clearing jungle to make roads, being well supplied, drilling our units to be in tip-top shape, etc. We can't decide the outcome of the battle to come, but we can prepare and increase our odds.

1 hour ago, Bricksbypidy said:

Hello! The land fighting dynamics are quite new also for us all, this is only the second proper “war” of our little World!

You should probably discuss with your faction leaders about the best moves, but any build counts to define the final outcome!

You can post support builds like the ones shown in this thread: scouting, minor fightings, troops entrenching or moving… These builds will contribute to define how prepared are your troops for what comes next (a lot of scouting->decreased risk of ambush; good roads->your artillery doesn’t remain stuck in the mud…).

Victory or defeat depend on:

1) number of troops

2) the skills of the commanders

3) a random 1-5 number

4) a “tactical score”. This is based on the strategy itself, the ability to incorporate previous elements (island rumors, terrain, previous storylines…) in the plan, and all the supporting build posted.

The more and the better the supporting builds are, the higher will be the tactical score. High tactical scores will make victory more likely.

@Jeff of Clubs's build/story has two aspects, that ESL and COR will have to consider:

1. A general treaty of cooperation in the war
    Can these conditions for cooperation be agreed upon, or does something need adjusting? I would suggest this is handled in parallel to point 2.
  2. An attack plan against the Lotus forces outside Seawatch
    I consider this 'almost' the attack build, but would expect both ESL and COR commanders to chip in with whether/how they will follow this plan.
    To speed things along after a long build-up, we will soon want the battle to commence. Will ESL and COR coordinate efforts in Seawatch or independently decide whether/how to execute Oleon's plan? If they do not sally forth from Seawatch, will Oleon be left to face Lotus forces alone (to take both glory, honour, and blame for the result)?
    And if neither ESL or COR moves, will OL be forced to retreat, and what will Lotus then do? The clock is now ticking, and if the Halosian forces do not make a move, the Lotus probably will...
    Carno is likely to maintain the defenses of Seawatch, unless someone convinces them to sally forth with the rest.

I will bring this to the secret chambers of COR, and perhaps @Capt Wolf or @Garmadon will do so for ESL?

It would also be most helpful if the committed troops and their numbers can be added, to make it easier for us as GMs, when the battle is to be decided.

Time is ticking for Halosian forces - will they act before the forces of the Lotus Empire seize the initiative or perhaps get reinforced?

Major Brickleton finding and razing a Lotii fortified outpost in the jungle, nearby Seawatch.

52724231323_0f4a1d3763_w.jpg

Edited by Bricksbypidy

2 hours ago, Bregir said:

This means a player will have the opportunity to build a defence build for the Lotus, assisting them in their struggle

I will take part to "the defensive" builds for the Lotii. Just tag or PM me when the attacking builds are on or then the offensive is launched

On 2/24/2023 at 4:04 PM, Jeff of Clubs said:

In an effort to ease mistrust and maneuvers and to properly exercise the war against the Lotus Empire,  his most Impeccable Majesty, King Philip has authorized the commander of 3.Division de la Armee "Oleonda", one General du Brigade Hercule Francois, the Vicomte Guemain, to forward his most Dapper Majesty's own 'Articles of Coalition'.

-Gasps for Air-

Section I:

Article I: No member nation may initiate or accept independent peace terms with the Lotus Empire.

Article II: A commitment of mutual defense of all member nations by all member nations against the Lotus Empire. For example, please note the proximity of the Lotus mainland to all of our colonial capitols.

Article III: A commitment by all member nations to maintain at least two hundred (200) soldiers on the island of Oleonda until the cessation of hostilities with the Lotus Empire.

Article IV: Under NO circumstances, may the bilious Wayfarer Trading Company (WTC) be permitted an Independent Command within sight of any soldier, HORSE, cannon, wagon, rubbish heap or even errant cutlery owned by his most Transcendent Majesty, King Phillip or his most loyal servants.

Section II:

It is also his majesty's prerogative to inquire as to the willingness of this 1st Coalition's member nations to issue Letters of Marque to almost any vessel and crew who would do harm unto our enemy.

On behalf of our most sovereign Majesty, Queen Annetta, to those representatives from the most prestigious nations of Oleon and Eslandola, and to those minor nations and trading companies to whom it may concern,

We accept these articles proposed by the gentleman General du Brigade Hercule Francois.

With regards to the mentioned Wayfarer Trading Company, for the sake of peace among our great nation we shall relay your concerns to our WTC representatives. However, Her Majesty's army will not take responsibility for minor altercations involving chartered trading companies, particularly the WTC.

Arrangements shall be made in due course to fully discuss the diplomatic ramifications of this conflict.

I wish every success and honour for our troops against this menace foe.

Your humble servant,

Lord Frederick Spud.

Just a heads-up to say that technically, the deadline for attack builds is two weeks prior to the mrca deadline, but we have decided to be lenient this time around, which has also been coordinated with Thaum, who is building the defense build.

The sooner the better, though, for all parties, as we can then start to run the numbers! :pir-grin:

On 2/24/2023 at 10:04 AM, Jeff of Clubs said:

-Gasps for Air-

Section I:

Section II:

Section III:

What attends the aforementioned is detailed plan authored by one, Colonel Beauchamp and delivered by an authorized agent in the form of one, Chef de Bataillon Valentin de Glenson, Chief Liaison of 3.Division de la Army "Oleonda". All coalition members are asked to give this plan their earnest attention.

Dear Colonel Beauchamp,

I write to you with the authority given to me by Willem Guilder, Director of the Merchants Colonial Trading Company, in cooperation with General Whitedragon of MAESTRO. Our troops here on El Oleonda serve at the pleasure of their respective trading companies and important members thereof. Without the official support of King Fernando at this time, we have limited ability to enter into agreements. That said, we intend to cooperate as fully as possible.

Addressing your articles for consideration:

Article I: The MCTC will abide by this. I believe MAESTRO will as well, but we call on its representatives (@Maxim I) to confirm that.

Article II: The MCTC is in agreement with this, and believes MAESTRO is as well.

Article III: The MCTC commits to keeping its troops here, but cannot commit to further reinforcements if casualties reduce our numbers. Again, I defer to MAESTRO representatives to speak of their troop numbers.

Article IV: Hear, hear! :pir-huzzah2:

Regarding Section II, the MCTC is amenable to this, and is willing to work to acquire any official Letters of Marque from the crown as needed.

Regarding Section III, I am agreeable to the plan you have put forth.

I look forward to a successful campaign.

Respectfully,

Gen. Alonzo

18 hours ago, Spud The Viking said:

we shall relay your concerns to our WTC representatives. However, Her Majesty's army will not take responsibility

Well we know what that's worth. As we see it, Corrington is responsible for the behaviour of its citizens. Even (especially) the terrible ones. Any untoward behaviour that escapes punishment will negate the possibility of future cooperation. 

May I present to you the Aide-de-Camp to Genera Hercule Francois, Capitane Louis de la Tour Forbie:

52738469686_64da7d16f9.jpg

Spoiler

He is wearing the uniform of the 2e Régiment d'Infanterie de Ligne "Pontia" (Pontia no. 1) contrary to his own army origins in order to avoid confusion as there are dragoons in the field. 

Edited by TribunM

As the main forces of the coalition prepare for the battle on the fields of Seawatch, a company leaves Jiangkai to interfere with Lotii supply, communications, reinforcements and, possibly, retreat.

The main attack of the Royal Army of Oleon, as previously presented by our commanders, takes place on the Fort Arltrees-Seawatch axis. Here I’m just putting together the plan, the troop numbers, etc.

I believe we now have the makings of a great battle - I shall be looking forward to gm'ing this! :pir-huzzah2: