Ayrlego

The Seawatch Campaign - Coordination Thread

The arrival of Corlander and Eslandolan forces in the Carnite settlement of Seawatch has lifted the Lotii siege. Lotii forces have withdrawn into the country side. Now the Corlander, Eslandolan and Carnite commanders have to agree on a plan to link up with an Oleonese column advancing out of Fort Arltrees and force the Lotii to battle to kick them out of western Oleonda for good.

Will the tri-nation force in Seawatch agree to a unified plan? Will the Madricans in Seawatch successfully link up with the Oleonese advancing overland? Will the Oleonese force make it to Seawatch or will disaster befall them? What will the Lotii do? How will they respond to developments?

Here is the thread for this event! Post or link your Seawatch Campaign builds in this thread together with all inter-faction IC coordination.

The deadline for the land combat is TBA; however, will be independent from the Dec 6 tMRCA deadline.

Have fun and don't underestimate the Lotii!!!

Six battalions of La Grand Armee have been marshalled from across the empire in Fort Arltrees. There they are to be formed into the new 3.Division de la Armee "Oleonda", more commonly referred to as the Oleonda Division.

20221127_074341

This new division will draw upon the experience of an old hand in the ways of war. The vaunted Hercule Francois, the Vicomte Guemain, has been pulled from retirement by his most patriotic heart (and nothing else) to assume the rank of General de Brigade, 3.Division.

For several months, advance parties of light infantry and native alliessupported by mountain howitzers have been screening over three hundred civilian wood cutters as they blaze a road to Seawatch, the Oleonda Division's main column hot on their heels. 

La Grand Marche mocs;

Pain for the artillery train;

As far as planning goes, I don't believe for one second that the Lotii are going to allow us to join forces without a herculean effort to stop the Oleonese column. Much more sensible to hit us while we are still separated. I'm of the mind that most of our plans should focus on this eventuality. Devising an ambuscade for the Lotii, sprung by Corrington, Eslandola, and Carno when they move to cut the path between us.

OOC; I opted for 6 battlions rather than 2 regiments in order to more easily include necessary formations and allow a great deal of artistic liscence to anyone who cares to MOC troops of the 3.Div.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

Major Brickford has made contact with the Eslandolian Commander at Seawatch

Major Brickford encounters a group of Lotii skirmishers and a shootout ensues.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

In the hours after the Corlander Fleet arrived at Seawatch...

On the beaches just outside the heavily damaged docks of Seawatch, the senior officers of the Corlander Expeditionary Force assemble near a small warehouse as the army disembarked for the upcoming campaign. Temporarily promoted to the rank of Brigadier, Sir Dirk Allcock and Major Brickford, who had travelled on the same ship are the first to arrive. They examine the approaching Eslandolan.

"What in Hades are the Greenbacks doing here, I thought they had some kind of internal revolution going on?" asked a somewhat bemused Major Brickford.

"The God's alone know... and it may be uncharitable of me, but seeing what I believe is the MAESTRO standard amongst those vessels I can not help but think they must have sensed some kind of profit in coming to relieve the siege..." mused and equally incredulous Brigadier Allcock.

"Greenbacks only ever do anything for profit" stated the gruff voice of a newcomer.

"Colonel Wolf, good morrow to you Sir" Major Brickford offered.

Colonel Wolf mounted the brickwork platform and the party was soon joined by Majors Spud and Brickleton.

52529092683_34cca818c9_w.jpg

After some brief pleasantries, Brigadier Allcock began to hand out tasking.

Allcock: "Gentlemen, we have much to do. Does anyone know where the WTC chap is... Colonel Whatshisname?"

Brickleton: "I saw him as I came ashore, he said something about seeing a man about a horse..."

Allcock: "Nevermind, we will start without him. For now I will set up a command post here.

Major Spud, ( @Spud The Viking) Head into the town and find the Carnite commander, present him my compliments and ask where he would like our force quartered and what his immediate needs may be.

Major Brickford ( @LM71Blackbird) see if you can find out who commands our greenback friends and Allies. Again present them my compliments and invite them to meet and coordinate our forces at his first available convenience. Hopefully we can work with our unexpected friends but it is important we determine their intentions before we make contact with the Lotii.

Colonel Wolf ( @Brickwolf) , as tactical commander see to establishing a perimeter and send out some of your fellows from the 95th and the 60th to do some initial scouting. Pull back at the slightest contact with the Lotii, we need information before we commit to battle and although it looks like they have withdrawn, I doubt they have gone far.

Major Brickleton ( @evancelt) see if you can unload some of the horses and conduct a mounted recon of the stream beds to the east of the settlement. Again, avoid contact with the Lotii if you can but see if the river beds are a feasible way to try and get a small force headed south to link up and establish contact with the Oleonese. If so it's your men who will likely get this task.

I will remain here and attempt to sort our our supplies and headquarters. Barring any unforeseen emergencies, we shall reconvene here again tomorrow for another synchronisation meeting. Oh and someone find the WTC Colonel and send him by. ( @Darnok)

In addition to light infantry patrols, now the cavalry are fully unloaded and acclimatised to the conditions around Seawatch. Light cavalry patrols such as these Hussars from Corrington's 3rd 'Earl of Studshire's' Regiment of Hussars begin to branch out looking for the enemy.

52548330339_570fe1bf49.jpg

Near to the positions of the light infantry advanced contingent, General Tristan Rimbaud organised a meeting with the chiefs of Tyree’De and Tamaco tribes.

The aim of the meeting, organised in a Tyree’De religious site, is to convince the warlike Tamaco (who had previously provided some scouts and warriors to the Monomonto army, but had then largely deserted due to the tyrannical behaviour of the commanders) to ally with Oleon and Tyree’De, or at least to remain neutral in the conflict.

Edited by Keymonus

@Keymonus @Jeff of Clubs @Ross Fisher @Thomas Waagenaar does the Oleon Liaison officer in Seawatch have a name? I was going to make a scene where with Brigadier Allcock is in a map room with an Olean, Eslandolan and Carnite officer examining some maps. The Oleon officer was going to be in the original bluecoat governors torso but I was wondering if he had a name or had appeared anywhere before?

Correct. I would ask @The Sarge what his officer will look like and is named, that way you can moc him. I will open discussion here regardless this weekend. 

I don't want them to rush their moc but we should take it as a given they are there already and start planning as such.

640x480.jpg

The Oleon liason officer in Seawatch, adjoint Chef de Bataillon Valentin de Glenson. I'll be MOCing his arrival but he is detached from the Oleon General Staff, and will have a small team including a clerk, signalers, and an aide.

Edited by The Sarge

As the main column continues its advance towards Seawatch, the light infantry performs long range recognitions, starting from its advanced bases.
While the position of the Lotii army is still unknown, skirmishes with Lotii scouts are not uncommon.

Edited by Keymonus

Military construction crews follow behind the main column building a proper road to forever link Fort Arltrees to Seawatch. The road will allow rapid reinforcement between the two settlements, cutting the travel time down to a fraction of what it currently is. Additionally, once peace is secured, the high-speed route between the two will do much to further develop the already warm relations between Oleon and Carno.

The veteran heavy infantry of the 1st Grenadier Guards happen across an undisciplined Loti Patrol in the interior of El Oleandia. Hard to call the raid a proper battle when all the casualties are on the Loti side and the whole thing is done before they knew it had started. 

General Tristan Rimbaud, commander of the vanguard, reports to the commander of the Oleander contingent, General Hercule François. Despite some personal antipathy between the two, the recognition operations of the light infantry are better coordinated with the main advance, and the main column receives updated intelligence.

As far as I can see, there is a lot of preparations for battle being done, but no "official" attack build. Until such a build is made, combat will only rise if the Lotus decides to attack. Given the extensive preparations so far, I am assuming the plan is to attack, and that an attack build will be forthcoming, coordinated between the factions? I don't think we have set a deadline yet, though, although agreed it could be after the tMRCA deadline?

https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/193616-ol-fb-an-unpleasant-meeting/&do=findComment&comment=3590102

Hercule François, valiant Oleon Gènèral, has been caught by a Lotii ambush, but has fought them off with help from his chef. 

On 2/16/2023 at 10:24 AM, Bregir said:

I am assuming the plan is to attack

Are the Lotii still besieging Seawatch? I know our plan was to relieve the seige if possible. How are other parties responding to this?

Edited by Ross Fisher

19 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Are the Lotii still besieging Seawatch? I know our plan was to relieve the seige if possible.

I believe the siege was broken last MRCA, but the Lotii still hold strong positions on the island near Seawatch (and elsewhere, of course). @Ayrlego, correct me if I'm wrong about that.

The blockade has been broken, and I would say the siege is broken too, although the Lotus armies are definitely still a threat near the settlement. Oleon forces are moving in from the West, and Greenies and Redcoats have arrived in the settlement.

Update from the Estates General; we aren't entirely idle and will have a decent bit of input here via a single representative to be nominated.

Edited by Jeff of Clubs