Captainlegobrick

[MOC] The Black Pearl

Last fall I build this ship in three weeks, building 8 hours a day. Many times I had to take the bricks apart and try again to really make it fit, so it was designed while building it.

I'd like to think it is pretty much minifig scale. I looked at as many pictures as I could find of the original ship from the movie and I believe I got the sails right at least. However the third mast should have been further back. I only realized that when it was well to late to fix it. But I'm still happy with the result.

52519945033_3f511effce_c.jpg

52519944938_2e441d557e_c.jpg

52520781382_a970c999ae_c.jpg

52520781317_513ecf07f8_c.jpg

52520781327_4246b22eff_c.jpg

52521247941_f3a16e62fa_c.jpg

52521524404_c83e36fea7_c.jpg

2 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

So this is the ship that was used as the basis for the HMS Imperial?

Yes exactly! I liked the stern windows with an arch in front of a row if windows. Then just changed the colorscheme 😅

(And moved the third mast back a notch)

24 minutes ago, Captainlegobrick said:

Yes exactly! I liked the stern windows with an arch in front of a row if windows. Then just changed the colorscheme 😅

Well, it is indeed a superb version of the Black Pearl - you certainly haven't spared any expense on the details!

9 hours ago, Captainlegobrick said:

I'd like to think it is pretty much minifig scale.

Have you got any photos of the minifigs taken a bit closer?

I can spot the occasional minifig here and there, but there's so much detail they kind of get lost. :pir-classic:

30 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

Have you got any photos of the minifigs taken a bit closer?

Indeed Sir, and I see where you are coming from that it's hard to spot any minifigs on the pictures really, so here's a few. Wish I had taken more pictures but it was sold immediately after finishing it.

52522266279_343e42d8df_c.jpg

52522468400_43246d3c30_c.jpg

52522266274_2a2f7e22ca_c.jpg

52521524349_711ca51c12_c.jpg

Thank ye for the additional pictures! :pir-huzzah2:

I can seem them minifigs much more clearly now!

7 minutes ago, Captainlegobrick said:

Wish I had taken more pictures but it was sold immediately after finishing it.

Sold it? :pir-oh3: May I ask to who?  And for how much?

Just now, Mister Phes said:

Sold it? :pir-oh3: 

I got an offer I couldn't refuse. As I was already shipping a castle to the guy I added the ship for an extra 4000 euros. For that I can build a new one as well as a couple of extra ships in different colors/styles :pir-thumb:
It's a private collector in Brazil who owns some sort of museum where he displays Lego builds. Pretty awesome really!

6 minutes ago, Captainlegobrick said:

It's a private collector in Brazil who owns some sort of museum where he displays Lego builds. Pretty awesome really!

This just gets more and more exciting! :pir-stareyes:

At the expense of detracting from your excellent Black Pearl; does this private collector have a website or social media or somewhere with photos of their collection?

3 minutes ago, Mister Phes said:

does this private collector have a website or social media 

All I could find of interest is this. I for one recognize the aztec layout as they where in a beyond the brick interview once :pir-love:

2 hours ago, Captainlegobrick said:

All I could find of interest is this. I for one recognize the aztec layout as they where in a beyond the brick interview once :pir-love:

This is really quite something! :pir-triumph:

It's great that you're building such impressive ships and then sending them around the world.

But how did manage to make this deal in the first place?  It's not every day a private collector comes along and buys an AFOL's MOC

Now that's beautiful! :pir-love:

Any idea how many pieces went into it?

Did it have hidden features, like easily accessible captain's cabin? Any interior?

12 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

But how did manage to make this deal in the first place?  

The story is this:
I made a huge layout over the course of two year. (will make a seperate post with lots of pictures)
That build was shared all over instagram last year and this guy somehow saw it and wanted to buy it. I'd rather not reveal the pricetag for that one though but I was definitely happy.
So while procesing the shipment I build the black pearl and he decided to add it to the purchase as he already started following my instagram and saw it there :sceptic:

52523565269_3db2266fd7_b.jpg

6 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

Did it have hidden features, like easily accessible captain's cabin? Any interior?

Thanks for the nice comments!
I think it's around 8000 pieces. lots of small plates etc. :iamded_lol:
Got a few pictures of interior. There're some 60 canons below deck that can move back and forward. Unfortunately I don't have a clear shot of those. I got to admit I did not put that much work into Captains cabin, although it can be easily accesed from as the deck of the stern can be removed. Also, there's a battery box in a hidden compartment accesable in the back of the ship. Lighting up the lanterns in front and back as well as 4-5 lamps below deck.

52523590159_c0b959124d_b.jpg

52522847132_acf1d9c706_c.jpg

52523803470_7fac1d2c6c_c.jpg

52523605879_e7197595e9_c.jpg

8 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

WHOA! This is passed words. My mouth is hanging open. 

Thank you very much! I'm happy you like the build!

22 hours ago, Alegrispa said:

Oh my! That is gorgeous!

thanks!

Edited by Captainlegobrick