Sign in to follow this  
Jeff of Clubs

[FB-OL] Le Grand Delais

As word of the coalition's victory at Seawatch speads across the brick seas, it seems everyone is asking, "where is La Grande Armee?"

It would seem that even the royal family has been asking this question. A week ago, a group of dour toughs, clad in black and carrying only the seal of the royal family, barged into the headquarters office for the army mustering at Lavalette and demanded an audience with the ranking officer.

Troop Delays

Major Cambois: "...but he asks the impossible. I need more men."

The Stranger: "Tell me. What is the nature of this army's delay in sailing for New Haven and what happened to the general?

Major Cambois: "Ah, you see, just as the army moved to the docks to embark, a crane line broke depositing hundreds of poisonous tree frogs of some type all across the harbor."

Troop Delays

The Stranger: "Sabotage?"

Major Cambois: "We don't believe so. In any event, the ordeal took several weeks to rectify and cost us over a hundred casualties."

The Stranger: "Your General was among them?"

Major Cambois: "Well, no. See, after the battle there were ample slain frogs laying about and as no true blue Oleonese can throw away a perfectly good frog leg, a morale building feast was held."

Troop Delays

Major Cambois: "Sadly it turns out they were still quite poisonous and we lost the general, another hundred and fifty-two men, and a whole month."

The Stranger: "Outrageous! If word of this ever reached the coalition!... We shall have to blame this whole incident on a Lotii spy within headquarters..."

TD4

Major Cambois: "...megablock..."

Thanks, ♧

OOC; I got a Bonsai Tree kit. If, like myself, you struggle with trees and/or floral bits, I can't recommend that kit enough. Plus it has a hundred frogs! Which should come in handy all the time.

Funny and good story! :pir_laugh2: Finally, we get an answer to the question of who is La Grande Armee. Well done builds, especially the scene at the harbor is full of ideas. You could license it as small commerce to increase your income.

On 11/24/2022 at 11:50 AM, NOD said:

Funny and good story! :pir_laugh2: Finally, we get an answer to the question of who is La Grande Armee. Well done builds, especially the scene at the harbor is full of ideas. You could license it as small commerce to increase your income.

Thanks! I'm down to about 5 kits and some ebay puuchases at the moment but I was happy enough with it. Need some trans blue for water sometime.

On 11/24/2022 at 12:02 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

So more than 250 casulties because of the frogs...  Hilarious story :pir_laugh2: Love it!

250 casualties AND a general because of a Lotus Spy!:pir-grin:

@Ayrlego, thanks! Glad you dig it! 

"One total catastrophe, is just the beginning!"

@Professor Thaum, ah, noted. Thank you!

I'm not as familiar with the french language as I'd like. I asked about in the faction chat for anyone who is but there were none! Apologies in advance for the continued mangling of the language.:pir_laugh2:

@Thomas Waagenaar, thanks! We had to make something up at least.:pir-grin:

Edited by Jeff of Clubs

Brilliant, love the story and the frogs - very appropriate for Oleon!! Poor Major Cambois!