Sign in to follow this  
Denmarks

Small Parts in Instruction Manual

I have trouble distinguishing small parts in the part count for the step. For example one that is blue may look black. I find that the assembly picture has better colors and I am usually able to tell the difference. There have been times late in the build where I did not have a part but found that I used it in the wrong place.

1 hour ago, Denmarks said:

I have trouble distinguishing small parts in the part count for the step. For example one that is blue may look black. I find that the assembly picture has better colors and I am usually able to tell the difference. There have been times late in the build where I did not have a part but found that I used it in the wrong place.

One potentially helpful tip is that in modern instruction booklets, black parts always have white outlines. So if a part does not have a white outline, it typically means it needs another color instead. This is especially useful when you need to differentiate other dark colors like dark blue, dark green, or dark brown from black.

If you download digital instructions, you can also zoom in for a better view of small parts or adjust the brightness or saturation on your device to help you see the colors more clearly.

Beyond that, the only recommendations I can make are to try to improve the lighting in your build space, or perhaps invest in a pocket magnifier of some sort.

On 11/23/2022 at 6:46 PM, Denmarks said:

I occasionally have similar issues with the instructions and tend to work with bright lights as a consequence, I have always attributed it to old age though, as I am over 60 years old. Curious what age group you fall into?