Captainlegobrick

[MOC] HMS Imperial

I build this ship over the course of four month but with some long breaks in between builidng as I build some islands instead. So an estimated 80 hours. The hull pieces were dirt cheap and comes from the friends dolphins cruise set. It's all Lego except the sails are custom as the sails from Lego were too small for the size of the ship. They have the shape of the Black Pearl sails but are 40% and 60% bigger.

In fact the ship desgin is basically a white version of a Black Pearl MOC I made and that also explain how I could design and build it relatively fast.
I hope you like it!
Cheers

52518922042_2452713626_c.jpg

52519872005_65e5ceb68e_c.jpg

52519965143_51dc62306f_c.jpg

52519964883_89e88996d9_c.jpg

52518942562_83498df2f5_c.jpg

52519924720_b340e77e8b_c.jpg

This giant ship has interesting part.

'12-stud-width-baseplate' is a little narrow to make such size ship, But you overcame it by making draft of ship.

It's not awkward to look at, whether it's on the water of on land. good.

And I'd like to know the material of the cloth used in the sail and how to make it.

18 hours ago, Captainlegobrick said:

I hope you like it!

It's fantastic! :pir-stareyes:

The Classic Pirates will follow you on Flickr right away!

18 hours ago, Captainlegobrick said:

In fact the ship desgin is basically a white version of a Black Pearl MOC I made and that also explain how I could design and build it relatively fast.

How long did the Black Pearl take to build?

21 hours ago, Third Navigator said:

'12-stud-width-baseplate' is a little narrow to make such size ship, But you overcame it by making draft of ship.

And I'd like to know the material of the cloth used in the sail and how to make it.

Thank you! By making it wider I tried to get a realistic view. It ended up being 24 studs wide and around 108 studs long (without counting the bow mast.)

Not too sure of the material to be honest as I bought off a guy on FB (Tim Begovich)

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

The Classic Pirates will follow you on Flickr right away!

Thank you! Although I dont really use the account except for hosting pictures to add on this forum. My instagram is quite active though @captainlegobrick

3 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

How long did the Black Pearl take to build?

It was quite intense with 8 hours a day for 3-4 weeks. so 100 hours give or take. WIll try make a seperate post ASAP :pir-skel:

2 hours ago, Marooned Marin said:

what a beautiful ship :pir-love:

Thanks buddy much appreciated! :pir-huzzah2:

Edited by Captainlegobrick

7 hours ago, Captainlegobrick said:

Thank you! Although I dont really use the account except for hosting pictures to add on this forum. My instagram is quite active though @captainlegobrick

The Classic Pirates already follow you on Instagram - so how about that? :pir-grin:

Wow. That's no ship. It's a cathedral! A most impressive structure on the stern.

On the technical side, I'm most impressed with your choice of element for the masts. Kind of curious what you used inside them to keep them from falling over.

3 hours ago, GeoBrick said:

your choice of element for the masts.

Thanks a lot for the kind words!

As you have noticed the masts are made of dark brown barrels. There's a  couple of technic axles going through: first one is a 32L that goes through the deck and is securely fasten below deck.

As the barrels only have an axle hole that is one plate thick, I used 3 round plates 2x2 on top of each other where the two axles meet.

So axles all the way through and then I tightened the strings quite hard to make it steady 💪

IMG_20220629_200328__01

incredible ship, those pearl gold details are lush. How are the insides of the ship? Cabins, below the deck, etc.

22 hours ago, zinnn said:

incredible ship, those pearl gold details are lush. How are the insides of the ship? Cabins, below the deck, etc.

Thanks! I really tried to greeble thos gold elements to the max! 
Unfortunatelly there is no interiors what so ever. Got a bit lazy about it as it's mainly build for expo. So the only thing to be found in the captains cabin is a battery box.

Howver there are 74 canons below deck that can move back and forward and stik out of the canons holes.

8 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

A little priceless badge was added to your pedigree for those cool ships.

Another one probably incoming after the display coming with your Giant Arch WIP.

Great honour! Thank you very much! :pir-huzzah1: