Sign in to follow this  
Chenben

Le Prométhé

Hi all

I will show you "Le Prométhé". You have seen the work in progress in this thread : http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17453

I have lengthen the ship and it's now a 32 cannons fregate. I have begin to make lighter cannons for the deck, but only because i'm out of parts :s

I have to change the foresail and mizzen masts because they appears strange and make a small parrot for the foresail mast and parakeet sail for the mizzen.

Now time for the pics ;)

IMG_2991redim.jpg

IMG_2994redim.jpg

IMG_2992redim.jpg

Edited by Chenben

That's a magnificent vessel! I really love the colour scheme with the big amount of brown - makes it very realistic. The stern is also great. I'm not really convinced with those custom sails though - they look quite worn. :pir-classic: But the overall look of the hull is really nice.

Edited by Dreamweb

The realistic look it's very important for me, so i have wanted to use a lot of brown :)

What a wonderful ship. :pir-wub:

It's got an excellent color schema, very good looking sails, rigging.

It's only missing some colorful flags and a crew :pir-wink:

Yes, i have in mind to do an light goelette with the armada flagship base (the narrow boat base) in blue and white scheme as a rapid ship. Something like a royal sloop.

And i will continue to upgrade this fregate and had details and work on the masts to do something more realistic. The crew is ready but they are waiting for the official launch of the boat :p

NIce work Chenben, good colorscheme, nice sloping wals, nice headrails, nice...love it! :pir-sweet:

Only improvement i can think of is at the stern.

It might look better when you either raise a part of the rear deck and the walls, or lower the stern to give the ship a better line at the rear.

Keep it up! :thumbup:

Hi all.

I have updated the vessel. You will can seen new masts, sails and ropes. I have somes details to do yet, but i'm working on an other project too :pir-tongue:

190820081152redim.jpg

190820081153redim.jpg

190820081154redim.jpg

This is a marvelous creation! I don't think I've seen it before. How did I miss it?

Never mind that! I'll flag it as frontpage material!

Thats an awesome ship, the amount of brown and custom sails make it look like a battle worn vessel. I also like the Cannon holes on the side. Pirates on!

The ship have his crew now !

I will do somes flags and a sticker with his name on the stern

200820081156.jpg

200820081157.jpg

200820081158.jpg

It's looking very nice so far Chenben. :thumbup:

This entire ship is very realistic looking.

Is there a particular ship you're basing this ship off of?

A great lookin ship! :thumbup: Fine details and a beautifull hull, a real looking French ship !

BTW: Are those pics taken in your garden?? I read your from Paris and I didnt know Paris' Outskirts had such a fantastic view :pir-wub: . It looks like you are in a mountain area.

nice ship ! ^^ it's nice to see more views of it, I like how it looks. do you have a Brickshelf gallery with more pictures ?

Your ship is getting better and better ChenBen! The colourscheme is way better than before. Besides, there's not that many ships with so many brown in the colourscheme. Nice!

My only remark would still be the stern. It's just something I can't put my finger on.

As soon as I know what it is, I will let you know! :pir_laugh2:

I built a ship using this design a few weeks before joining this site {based on yours}. It's got 46 cannons and is 7 midsections long. Problem is I don't know how to add MOCs please help! :pir_bawling:

Hello Admiral Rodgers, and welcome to Eurobricks and Classic-Pirates.com!

To post a MOC in the forum, all you need do is start a new topic (button on top right of forum) and insert your images. To do that, you should see this tutorial. But ensure that you're starting a topic in the MOC forum! :pir-wink:

I would suggest resizing your images to 800x600 , it took me a while to be able to see them.

Your ship looks great and I would suggest that you make your avatar off that evil looking general

And are those sails made out of kleenex?

Broadside.

Edited by Broadside