Barthezz Brick

[MOC] Assassin's Creed - Venice 1486

blogged.png

So this is where i worked on for the past 3years (on and of). Approximately 3000 hours and 250.000 parts later I present to you with great pride and incredible detail; Venice 1486 as it might have looked in the 15th century.This is the first chapter of a total of 4, in which I'll take you into an adventure of Darion as a Master Assassin.

Let me know what you think 🙏

"Osservare" in the English tongue better known as Observing. By far the most boring thing about finding your mark, but absolutely necessary.

Meet 'Darion Aiulf da Fortebraccio' and his eyes and ears in the sky 'Gaita' an Italian barn owl. Darion is a Venetian nobleman, and to others unknown also a Master Assassin and former member of the Italian Brotherhood of Assassins. 

Abandoned by his brothers and mentor for disobedience. He now is a solitary assassin that seeks his targets through the signs of god. For his next mark, faith steered Darion in the direction of the Templar order. Who now have a foothold on Venice city grounds and even managed to get the newly elected doge 'Marco Barbarigo' on their side. Marco openly expressed his support for the Templar Order...

And so this is where our story begins!

Where other men blindly follow the truth, Remember, nothing is true.
Where other men are limited by morality or law, Remember, everything is permitted.

We work in the dark to serve the light.

We are assassins!

52504693863_7c25d71af8_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - Main by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52504139826_6a725d675f_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - Main Left by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52504616095_511f71fbcc_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - Main Right by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52504139496_dab7fb6a83_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 36 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52502311299_e64eed7f31_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 34 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52502508125_f74749320e_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 33 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52502310549_406dc82e41_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 29 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52493142054_6fa71201b4_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 13 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52493414293_cd080ecba2_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 17 by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

52486185197_0785d16d02_h.jpgAssassin's Creed: Venice 1486 -  Chapter 1 - Osservare (teaser) by Barthezz  Brick, on Flickr

Edited by Marooned Marin
Blogged on the Classic-Pirates.com

Woah, I'm absolutely speechless. I don't think I've ever seen an Assassin's Creed MOC this big. You did an amazing job capturing so much life in your build. And the building techniques -- I can't even. Those sail and flag techniques for the ships are sweet. Well done, this is gorgeous!

Props too for finding a location for a proper backdrop for this huge build. Great photography too

I find every single part of this diorama is a masterpiece in its own way. The Devil is truly in details, and I feel I could stand watch this for hours and always manage to find something new and cool.

Simply amazing! :pir-stareyes:

Few questions:

1. During those three years, how did you manage to keep the dust off? Do you cover the whole thing with nylon sheets?

2. Did you build first some sort of digital version, or you went right ahead into the real thing?

3. I'm a fan of the AC series, but I haven't played all of the instalments, so help me out because I don't remember Venice AC. The AC-II was in Florence Italy right? Did you make this whole thing out of your mind, or you used inspiration from the game?

2 hours ago, The Neighborhood Merchant said:

Woah, I'm absolutely speechless. I don't think I've ever seen an Assassin's Creed MOC this big. You did an amazing job capturing so much life in your build. And the building techniques -- I can't even. Those sail and flag techniques for the ships are sweet. Well done, this is gorgeous!

Props too for finding a location for a proper backdrop for this huge build. Great photography too

Thx for the great comment 🙏 I always try to build as realistic as possible with Lego. 

For the backdrop i actually used an piece of industrial vinyl that i needed on my attic. So i hit 2 birds with one stone in this case. I specially bought this vinyl to take pictures a couple of weeks ago 😅

1 hour ago, Marooned Marin said:

I find every single part of this diorama is a masterpiece in its own way. The Devil is truly in details, and I feel I could stand watch this for hours and always manage to find something new and cool.

Simply amazing! :pir-stareyes:

Few questions:

1. During those three years, how did you manage to keep the dust off? Do you cover the whole thing with nylon sheets?

2. Did you build first some sort of digital version, or you went right ahead into the real thing?

3. I'm a fan of the AC series, but I haven't played all of the instalments, so help me out because I don't remember Venice AC. The AC-II was in Florence Italy right? Did you make this whole thing out of your mind, or you used inspiration from the game?

Thx, much appreciated. And what you describe is what i try to achieve. Take your attention and don't let go 😅😁

1. I build some Lego towers and sleepers in combination with a plastic sheet to keep the dust of. That works perfectly as you can see.

2. I never use digital software or design something for my Lego builds. I do everything by hand and for 95% out of my head. I only made a childish topdown sketch to get the layout out of my head and the rest is designed along the way.

Some parts are rebuild 2 or 3 times before i was satisfied with the result. So its really by trail and error.

3. AC2 also visited Venice in the game. So its an existing Assassins Creed setting. For my diorama i made the whole thing from my own fantasy. So it doesn't exist in the game nor in Venice itself. I just used the setting and the environment of the city in my advantage. 

I don' t really like building existing things because people will always judge. Now i can do what i want and set a propper story and Venice feel how it could have looked like in the 15th century 🧐

Atleast that was my plan.

Truly a masterpiece! You have a great eye for details and there are so many of them, it is hard to pick an favorite. Like the drain right of the Capannone building or the guy with the pike pole assisting the crane crew at the wharf. Love all the details and stories you tell :wub:

11 hours ago, Barthezz Brick said:

Where other men blindly follow the truth, Remember, nothing is true.

Aint that the truth! :pir-grin:

11 hours ago, Barthezz Brick said:

image.png

Even though this is not technically pirates, there is a generous amount of overlap.

The use of the conquistador minifigs ties this into Classic Pirates nicely. :pir-thumb:

On 11/20/2022 at 8:51 PM, Barthezz Brick said:

Atleast that was my plan.

Thanks for giving lengthy and detail answers, this is much appreciated. :pir-huzzah2:

One or two more questions if you can find time.

Q1: I'm sure people asked you over the Instagram this, what was the hardest part of this build for you? Ships, building, bridge?

Q2: Did you have moments of doubt, like a year ago, when thoughts like this came: ohhh my, this is too much for me, I better quit now while I can, or were there a periods where you just got stuck with no idea how to move forward?

Q3: You say this is chapter-1, so for us AC fans, will the chapter-2 again revolve around the Assassins Creed story, like a completely different build but still a sequel to this?

That is beautiful! :pir-wub: So many great buildings, bridges and ships. It's fun to see the many minifigures at work.

On 11/21/2022 at 9:20 PM, Marooned Marin said:

Thanks for giving lengthy and detail answers, this is much appreciated. :pir-huzzah2:

One or two more questions if you can find time.

Q1: I'm sure people asked you over the Instagram this, what was the hardest part of this build for you? Ships, building, bridge?

Q2: Did you have moments of doubt, like a year ago, when thoughts like this came: ohhh my, this is too much for me, I better quit now while I can, or were there a periods where you just got stuck with no idea how to move forward?

Q3: You say this is chapter-1, so for us AC fans, will the chapter-2 again revolve around the Assassins Creed story, like a completely different build but still a sequel to this?

1. The hardest part for me was fitting this all together and make sure the lines of sight where clearly visible from all directions. 

And if i need to pick a section it will be the round towers designs 😅

2. Not really in terms of size or does it get finished some day. The thoughts i had where more in the direction; is this good enough and do i still like it... If you look upon a build for so long it's hard to still see the beauty of your own build.

3. Chapter 2,3 and 4 will be AC builds and tell the rest of the story of Darion. Chapter 1 is about 'observing'. Chapter 2 will focus on planning, 3 about the execution and 4 about the escape. And all three will be completely different builds within Venice. 

So expect more over the years 😅 But at first i'm going to finish a new and smaller project and complete a couple of tutorials.

20 hours ago, Barthezz Brick said:

So expect more over the years

Thank yee for extensive answers, I will continue to follow you and Darion story, and in the meantime continue to marvel at this mind blowing creation. :pir-huzzah2:

:pir-love:The amount of detail put in this build is breathtaking, an astounding job! :pir-thumb:

On 11/21/2022 at 6:42 AM, Mister Phes said:

The use of the conquistador minifigs ties this into Classic Pirates nicely. 

Aye, they remind me of a certain individual. :pir-grin:

It is really beautiful and full of special building skill, so many attractive details, I love the lifting machine and the ship on the port , the appearance is very nice.

"Some parts are rebuild 2 or 3 times before i was satisfied with the result. So its really by trail and error. " 

This is real, first you have the idea, and then build it, and keep it for several days, sometimes you still think that it is good, but sometimes you can't accept it then you will modify it. I really enjoy this process of making MOC.

Thank you so much for sharing this masterpiece to us, it is inspiring to all MOC Maker.

1790559428_ScreenHunter_878Nov_2611_52.jpg.973c6e3796e91211207b4c47b5a23790.jpg  Is it hot dog sausage?  The curve line of this mast platform is wonderful !!!

Funny, I can spy more of the details of your MOC with the pics here then in person at Bricks&More a couple weeks ago, Barthezz Brick.
The view in the dark of your display was beyond words though.

Edited by GeoBrick

This is mindblowing, I'd LOVE to have this a set and spend hours and hours building it. So many incredible details I don't even know where to start digesting this whole set lol. Bravo!

I had the pleasure of seeing it in person :pir-sweet:.

I love all of it!

Can someone help me understand how is this wheelbarrow built? Also what are those pieces used for hay/sticks (in tan colour)?

Assassin's Creed: Venice 1486 - Chapter 1 - Osservare - detailshot 29

9 hours ago, zinnn said:

Can someone help me understand how is this wheelbarrow built?

Check out his Instgram account, he is making tutorials and one about the wheelbarrow is already there:

https://www.instagram.com/barthezzbrick/

He also has secondary account with WIP photos... great stuff:

https://www.instagram.com/barthezzbrick_wipshots/

This is absolutely stunning. I've loved seeing the WIP shots on Flickr. Looks absolutely amazing all together.

What a masterpiece ! What a job done !

This is gorgeous, really. As already said "the Devil is in the details" : each little part of that fantastic diorama is a jewel of its own.

Noticed too : all the technics used to curve (bridges, towers, boats, crane... ) -> wonderful.

@Barthezz Brick : you received a "MOC Expert" tag for this amazing job.

Now there is only one question : where are the 3 others promised ( with that introduction, sure we won't give up until the 4 are posted ! )

Down to work ! :pir-triumph:

Amazing creation @Barthezz Brick, love the details and the world-building around it. I can almost hear the Ezio family theme song while admiring your MOC. Really well done  😉 "Nothing is true everything is permitted"