Lyichir

LEGO Ninjago 2023 Discussion

1 hour ago, Bloquerto said:

Arin, Ra, Sora... I'm starting to believe these new characters are the New Ninja of Crystalized. I always found strange they are called literally as the New Ninja but at the end of the day they didn't do nothing remarkable. Of course this could be another consecuence of the mess it was season 15 but I don't know... I hope to see more of them in Ninjago United.

Where did that name (Ninjago United) even come from? I've seen it used here and there a few times, but it seems like it just came out of nowhere. There is no source behind it, or at least one that I can find.

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

That is one possibility, though they could also be completely new characters; maybe the series has a time-jump, and these are now-teens who grew up seeing the original Ninja protecting Ninjago (essentially a heroic version of Harumi's backstory). 

That is the only option my mind allows me to envision. I refuse to believe that any other option is even a remote possibility.

We need a time skip. I want to see slightly older, more experienced versions of the ninjas we know. I don't want it to just be another straight-up continuation, that would be extremely disappointing. I want the story to be about passing down the mantle, or at the very least training a new generation of heroes.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Where did that name (Ninjago United) even come from? I've seen it used here and there a few times, but it seems like it just came out of nowhere. There is no source behind it, or at least one that I can find.

I saw that name on IG a lot time ago. Apparently a show writer confirmed a second season for the new show and the name they used was Ninjago United. So, the community started to use that name to speak about the new Ninjago show. Ridexninjaleaks account was the one posted that name.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That is the only option my mind allows me to envision. I refuse to believe that any other option is even a remote possibility.

We need a time skip. I want to see slightly older, more experienced versions of the ninjas we know. I don't want it to just be another straight-up continuation, that would be extremely disappointing. I want the story to be about passing down the mantle, or at the very least training a new generation of heroes.

A few days ago, the same IG account where I saw the name Ninjago United posted that Lloyd chinese dub actor posted on Twitter that the new show will have 22 minute long episodes again. There were also a few shots of Lloyd and he looks the same as always so I guess we won't have older versions of the ninja...

35 minutes ago, Bloquerto said:

There were also a few shots of Lloyd and he looks the same as always so I guess we won't have older versions of the ninja...

The picture that I saw is blurry and obscured, so we cannot be sure that the original Ninja are not getting a redesign (unless there is another, clearer, picture). Interestingly, though, Lloyd appears to have black eyes in that shot, rather than green. 🤔

Ninjago City Markets should be fantastic! I'm assuming like everyone that it's going to be a straight, just the question of 1.5 or 2 baseplates. Based on the number of pieces, I hope they stay with 1.5, as then it can go higher.

City and Gardens were amazing with 5 and 5 shops/rooms with towers on top. The Docks always seemed low (and old) with only a 3 2 3 shop/room set up. That gives us a current set up of 5+ 5 3 2 3 5 5+.

I hope this can go 3 4 3, as that will add even more to the height of the skyline! And maybe it will also clean up the Tea Shop going nowhere, and look better beside the temple!

Wow, I'd given up hope on a new Ninjago City expansion coming out this year. I don't know that I'll be able to get it day 1, but I'll 100% be buying it at some point. At first I thought the higher price was just due to inflation but the PPP makes it look like it's going to be an insanely good deal. 

2 hours ago, Meadius said:

Wow, I'd given up hope on a new Ninjago City expansion coming out this year. I don't know that I'll be able to get it day 1, but I'll 100% be buying it at some point. At first I thought the higher price was just due to inflation but the PPP makes it look like it's going to be an insanely good deal. 

Not bad at all. $10 more than Gardens & has about 500 more pieces. I’m envisioning something that isn’t as tall as Gardens, which could lead to some awesome details.

My buddy’s hoping for it to be two baseplates, but I’m fine with it being 1 & a half like Docks/Gardens. I’m hoping it’s based more on the movie, unlike Gardens, & we get the TV station. Regardless of what it has in it, I’m wildly excited for yet another addition to this fantastic lineup. Now I need to go make room...:sadnew:

Another Ninjago City set would be awesome... though I'll have to rearrange my chest of drawers where I keep my Ninjago City sets to make room! Ideally I'm hoping for another straight section so I can keep them all in one row. And if it's more than one and a half baseplates wide I might have to completely rethink where I keep these.

8 hours ago, Vindicare said:

Not bad at all. $10 more than Gardens & has about 500 more pieces. I’m envisioning something that isn’t as tall as Gardens, which could lead to some awesome details.

My buddy’s hoping for it to be two baseplates, but I’m fine with it being 1 & a half like Docks/Gardens. I’m hoping it’s based more on the movie, unlike Gardens, & we get the TV station. Regardless of what it has in it, I’m wildly excited for yet another addition to this fantastic lineup. Now I need to go make room...:sadnew:

To be honest I'd completely forgotten that the Gardens had it's price increased, so that's a good point. I think 1.5 baseplates would be good to keep it consistent with the Docks, but I'm not gonna be bothered if it's bigger or smaller than that.

Very conflicted on the new Ninjago City Market possibility. Personally hoping it will be as tall as the original City and Gardens, as I've always felt that Docks stands out too much being half the height. Then again, if it is shorter, it won't make docks stand out so much. Either way, my current display is using the max amount of room, so a small part of me is hoping this doesn't blow me away

71795 Temple of The Dragon Energy Cores (June 1st; 90€, 1038 pcs)

This wave is MASSIVE. We're getting fourteen sets in a single day (three small gimmicks plus a gimmick expansion, a 4+ set, a D2C, and eight regular sets).

Edited by THELEGOBATMAN

13 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This wave is MASSIVE. We're getting fourteen sets in a single day (three small gimmicks plus a gimmick expansion, a 4+ set, a D2C, and eight regular sets).

Jesus, I hope this is like the lego ninjago movie first wave MK2, thats what its sounding like. It will be a very expensive summer, especially as dreamzzz is also something im cautiously optimistic about... gonna prioritise the new city sector and then I guess some smaller sets and maybe the new bounty? Time for some saving... 

Always glad to see a new temple, ninjago always hit it way out of the park with temples, even the crystal king temple was alright. Still wondering how they will do this dragon energy core thing though. The 4 elemental powers flew off in the end of the season, and Lloyd still had his green eyes at the end. We know from a leaked still that Lloyd no longer has his powers, so my guess is a race or power quest to recover the lost elemental powers, and these new guys, want to take the power for themselves. I hope im right, this sounds like a very cool and interesting premise for a season. Did anyone see the "leaked" minifig designs as well? im leaning towards them being very much fake but id like to be proven wrong. if they are real, I love the design for the suits, they look suitably ninja like, the new characters look very nice, grappling hooks always a win, and that new tech staff looking weapon looks amazing! As I said, probably fake, but on the off chance these are real (thats a small chance, very small), I cannot wait till we get more info. 

A temple set, certainly peaks my interest, as I prefer buildings.

As for "Ninjago City" sets, I have not been collecting them but will watch what comes from that as well.

Edited by TeriXeri

Full list: 

On 1/20/2023 at 3:21 PM, Fire-Ninja said:

71777:  LEGO NINJAGO Kai's Dragon Power - Tornado Spinjitzu  ($9.99 | 7+ | 72 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71778:  LEGO NINJAGO Nya's Dragon Power - Drifting Spinjitzu  ($9.99 | 7+ | 57 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71779:  LEGO NINJAGO Lloyd's Dragon Power - Cyclone Spinjitzu  ($9.99 | 7+ | 56 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71789:  LEGO NINJAGO Kai and Ra's Car and Motorcycle Battle  ($19.99 | 4+ | 103 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71790:  LEGO NINJAGO Imperium Dragon Slayer Hound  ($19.99 | 6+ | 198 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71791:  LEGO NINJAGO Zane's Dragon Power - Spinjitzu Race Car  ($34.99 | 7+ | 307 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71792:  LEGO NINJAGO Sora's Mecha Transformable Racing Bike  ($44.99 | 8+ | 384 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71793:  LEGO NINJAGO Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon  ($49.99 | 8+ | 479 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71794:  LEGO NINJAGO Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs  ($79.99 | 8+ | 764 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71795:  LEGO NINJAGO Temple of The Dragon Energy Cores  ($89.99 | 8+ | 1038 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71796:  LEGO NINJAGO Elemental Dragon vs. Empress Mech  ($99.99 | 9+ | 1038 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71797:  LEGO NINJAGO Destiny's Bounty: Race Against Time  ($139.99 | 9+ | 1739 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71798:  LEGO NINJAGO Nya and Arin's Baby Dragon Battle  ($29.99 | 7+ | ??? pieces | June 1st 2023)

71799:  LEGO NINJAGO Ninjago City Markets  ($369.99 | 16+ | 6163 pieces | June 1st 2023)

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Still wondering how they will do this dragon energy core thing though. The 4 elemental powers flew off in the end of the season, and Lloyd still had his green eyes at the end. We know from a leaked still that Lloyd no longer has his powers, so my guess is a race or power quest to recover the lost elemental powers, and these new guys, want to take the power for themselves. I hope im right, this sounds like a very cool and interesting premise for a season. 

I wonder if the new characters will end up getting the Elemental Powers, allowing the theme to continue with the colour-coded/element-based designs while also passing the torch to a new generation of Ninja. 

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Did anyone see the "leaked" minifig designs as well? im leaning towards them being very much fake but id like to be proven wrong. if they are real, I love the design for the suits, they look suitably ninja like, the new characters look very nice, grappling hooks always a win, and that new tech staff looking weapon looks amazing! As I said, probably fake, but on the off chance these are real (thats a small chance, very small), I cannot wait till we get more info. 

Those look fake to me. 

I'm really looking forward to the new Destiny's Bounty in the June wave. The Legacy Bounty was amazing, and this has about the same number of parts for only a modest $10 increase in price. The June wave of City is usually released in August in the USA, will the June wave of Ninjago also be released in August?

31 minutes ago, icm said:

I'm really looking forward to the new Destiny's Bounty in the June wave. The Legacy Bounty was amazing, and this has about the same number of parts for only a modest $10 increase in price. The June wave of City is usually released in August in the USA, will the June wave of Ninjago also be released in August?

I’m likely not buying the market until December so it doesn’t Matter, but I think the docks were released in June in Europe alongside the hunted sets, but were released in August in the us

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

At first I thought this was fake (sounded like it was from shadow of ronin, as I recently replayed that game) but it could be real, given crystalized ending

On 1/20/2023 at 2:21 PM, Fire-Ninja said:

LEGO Ninjago Summer 2023 Set-listings

71777:  LEGO NINJAGO Kai's Dragon Power - Tornado Spinjitzu  ($9.99 | 7+ | 72 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71778:  LEGO NINJAGO Nya's Dragon Power - Drifting Spinjitzu  ($9.99 | 7+ | 57 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71779:  LEGO NINJAGO Lloyd's Dragon Power - Cyclone Spinjitzu  ($9.99 | 7+ | 56 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71789:  LEGO NINJAGO Kai and Ra's Car and Motorcycle Battle  ($19.99 | 4+ | 103 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71790:  LEGO NINJAGO Imperium Dragon Slayer Hound  ($19.99 | 6+ | 198 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71791:  LEGO NINJAGO Zane's Dragon Power - Spinjitzu Race Car  ($34.99 | 7+ | 307 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71792:  LEGO NINJAGO Sora's Mecha Transformable Racing Bike  ($44.99 | 8+ | 384 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71793:  LEGO NINJAGO Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon  ($49.99 | 8+ | 479 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71794:  LEGO NINJAGO Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs  ($79.99 | 8+ | 764 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71795:  LEGO NINJAGO Temple of The Dragon Energy Cores  ($89.99 | 8+ | 1038 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71796:  LEGO NINJAGO Elemental Dragon vs. Empress Mech  ($99.99 | 9+ | 1038 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71797:  LEGO NINJAGO Destiny's Bounty: Race Against Time  ($139.99 | 9+ | 1739 pieces | June 1st 2023)

71798:  LEGO NINJAGO Nya and Arin's Baby Dragon Battle  ($29.99 | 7+ | ??? pieces | June 1st 2023)

71799:  LEGO NINJAGO Ninjago City Markets  ($369.99 | 16+ | 6163 pieces | June 1st 2023)

Ninjago city was 16+, docks were 12+, gardens were 14+, so I guess the cycle repeats?

37 minutes ago, icm said:

I’m expecting the bounty to be lesser quality, so it can include a side build (at least by the image in my brain) about the size of the dragonide build in nyas samurai x mech, for the villains, as it can’t be much of a “race against time” if there’s nobody to race

I doubt this is the case, but I only have room for a ninjago city corner modular, and I don’t need to gorge out $450 like I did for the mountain cave to buy a used ninjago city

7 minutes ago, Fire-Ninja said:

can we expect LEGO NINJAGO set descriptions today from both toyfair's?

Hope so, a certain Disney dragon just leaked through prelims, and apparently more are coming. Wonder if we can expect to see some Ninjago prelims soon?

i've seen the maleficent prelim which looks decent nothing special but all in all we should expect to see descriptions today for NINJAGO and most other themes and if we are lucky more preliminary images too!!!

Edited by Fire-Ninja

5 hours ago, Fire-Ninja said:

i've seen the maleficent prelim which looks decent nothing special but all in all we should expect to see descriptions today for NINJAGO and most other themes and if we are lucky more preliminary images too!!!

usually lego leaks from the toyfair come on the second day so highly anticipating tomorrow for offical descriptions of the Summer 2023 NINJAGO set novelties from promobricks and the likes.

Edited by Fire-Ninja

really?

From what I remember from the 2019 German Toyfair we got sotfs set names around this time

but you could be right.

Edited by Fire-Ninja

I find it interesting that the new temple is going to be $90. I get that vehicles tend to be more popular with kids, but I'd really like to see what the Ninjago designers could do with a temple for the $140 slot. We haven't had a temple around that size in years, and the last time we even got a location set that big (excluding Ninjago City) was the Dragon Pit in 2018. The temples of recent years have all been pretty good, but I can't help but feel that something like the Crystal King's Temple would have been better had it been larger. 

53 minutes ago, Fire-Ninja said:

really?

From what I remember from the 2019 German Toyfair we got sotfs set names around this time

but you could be right.

Set names, yeah, but not really detailed descriptions anymore.