Lyichir

LEGO Ninjago 2023 Discussion

Now I see the tires on 71783 Kai’s Mech Rider EVO are of the same size (Part no.52985) used on the 1989 Batmobile released in 2019.
This should mean their Bricklink value should go down.

7 hours ago, Doom2099 said:

For people who want a Titan Mech for each ninja, does this complete the set? I mean if you want to count the movie mechs for Kai and Cole? And Samurai X for Nya.

Also with more big solo dragons coming with Zane's, following up Lloyd's Golden Dragon and the Water Dragon, maybe fans could have 6 huge dragons over the next few years?

My favorite set of the line is the small Kai car. Perfect impulse buy!

Agreed on the Kai car, I absolutely love it and it’s got great parts. Currently with this core line we now have 1 dragon for each ninja, obviously sizes vary, with zane and Lloyd now being the top dogs (or dragons?), and the smallest being Nya and jay. On the other hand, we also now have Titan mechs for all the ninja as well. Zane has his legacy mech, Nya has her Sam-X mech, Cole and Kai are said to share the Firestone mech (personally I’m not a fan of this, but it completes the set) and Lloyd has his SOTFS mech, and finally jay has his Titan mech in the new wave. Overall, this wave is pretty good at completing things. 

8 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Overall, this wave is pretty good at completing things. 

This right here makes me think that whatever the nature of the reboot in summer 2023, the designers are considering it a clean cut. Even if we keep the same main characters, maybe we’ll get new styles for dragons, mechs, temples, etc. This could even signal the end of the Core subtheme, although I kinda hope it sticks around for a few more years. 

Full thoughts:

71780: The car looks surprisingly great. Nothing amazing, but it's a nice 10€ set. 7/10

71781: Not a fan of dark green on Golden Lloyd, it looks out of place with the rest of him being regular green. His mech is fantastic tho, and the other one is good too. 7/10

71782: It looked so good on leaked pictures... the head is fantastic, but that's it. The body is terrible, it looks like a frog. The first EVO stage is laughable, it looks truly awful. Still, it's not a bad set. 5/10

71783: The build is ridiculous, I love it. The minifigures are great too. 8/10

71784: The back is fantastic, but the cockpit is pretty bad, especially the windshield. The set is fine tho, definitely worth 10€. 6/10

71785: One of the best recent Ninjago sets. Wow, the mech is truly something else. One of the best LEGO has ever given us. Again, it's absolutely bonkers and ridiculous, but I adore it. The giant sword is incredible. Minifigures are also well chosen. 9/10

71786: It's a good set, the dragon looks really impressive. The head is not it tho, the lower part looks awful with the reversed plate visible. Minifigures are good. 7/10

71787: I really like it. The builds look great, and the minifigures are nice, although I wonder if the apprentices are made-up, or if they have a role in the upcoming continuation.

71788: Great 4+ set. The bike is probably the best one 4+ sets have given us. The side build is also great. Nice to have two minifigures in a 10€ Ninjago set for once. 8/10

71800: Awesome set. The dragon is great, feels much more Asian than most Ninjago ones. The colour scheme is great too. So nice that they included two ninja in a cheap dragon.

I think the standouts for me are Jay's Mech and Zane's Dragon. I'm not sure that I'll get either, but they're both among the best of their respective set types we've gotten. Also love the seeming Eva reference with Jay's mech, it makes for a really unique design. The mech cycle is fun too, though slightly too cartoonish for my taste.

Future magazine gifts have leaked: Garmadon, Dragon Cole, and Dragon Jay — all of them without any changes.

Wow, I love it. So many characters you can get. Getting Crystal King's Temple was the right choice, as all the exglusive minifigures remained so.

There's also an activity book with Wu (Legacy) and Aspheera (Crystalized), also unchanged.

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Future magazine gifts have leaked: Garmadon, Dragon Cole, and Dragon Jay — all of them without any changes.

Wow, I love it. So many characters you can get. Getting Crystal King's Temple was the right choice, as all the exglusive minifigures remained so.

Yep. Lloyd is December, dragon Cole is jan, garmadon is February and dragon jay is March. Wonder what’s next? Also I love how they have completed the dragon set. Now I don’t need to get the small bike unless I want the build. 

That's a great line up for the magazines. I actually was hoping to get Garmadon but probably won't grab the new Samurai X Mech, so this is perfect for me.

On 12/5/2022 at 1:54 PM, a guy from somewhere said:

Now I don’t need to get the small bike unless I want the build. 

I bought 2 to have more than 1 Crystal Spider

The next Ninjago magazine actually has Dragon Jay, so I suppose the order was flipped, with Garmadon being next, and Dragon Cole following him.

So this list appeared out of nowhere on Instagram. Might be fake, but it's still worth mentioning. 

71777 Kai Dragon Power: Tornado Spinjitzu (72 pcs)

71778 Nya Dragon Power: Drifting Spinjitzu (57 pcs)

71779 Lloyd Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Cyclone (56 pcs)

71789 Kai and Ra's Car and Motorcycle Battle (4+, 103 pcs)

71790 lmperium Dragon Slayer Hound (198 pcs)

71791 Zane Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Competition Sport Car (307 pcs)

71792 Sora's Mecca Transformable Racing Bike (384 pcs)

71793 Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon (479 pcs)

71794 Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs (764 pcs)

71796 Elemental Dragon vs. Empress Mecca (1038 pcs)

71797 Ninja Assault Ship: Race Against Time (9+, 1739 pcs)

30650 Unknown polybag (47 pcs)

21 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

So this list appeared out of nowhere on Instagram. Might be fake, but it's still worth mentioning. 

71777 Kai Dragon Power: Tornado Spinjitzu (72 pcs)

71778 Nya Dragon Power: Drifting Spinjitzu (57 pcs)

71779 Lloyd Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Cyclone (56 pcs)

71789 Kai and Ra's Car and Motorcycle Battle (4+, 103 pcs)

71790 lmperium Dragon Slayer Hound (198 pcs)

71791 Zane Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Competition Sport Car (307 pcs)

71792 Sora's Mecca Transformable Racing Bike (384 pcs)

71793 Heatwave Transforming Lava Dragon (479 pcs)

71794 Lloyd and Arin's Ninja Team Mechs (764 pcs)

71796 Elemental Dragon vs. Empress Mecca (1038 pcs)

71797 Ninja Assault Ship: Race Against Time (9+, 1739 pcs)

30650 Unknown polybag (47 pcs)

Sounds fake, and considering the timing I wouldn’t trust it, and the dragon power spinjitzu sets sound fake. Sora sounds like Sorla from the ice chapter, and we’ve just had a mech bike. However if this is real, I love the sound of this. A bounty will be good, hopefully in the same vein as the final flight from 2015. Dragon vs mech sounds great. I’m also gonna throw shade at the zane dragon power car, that doesn’t seem right, especially considering the ending of crystalized. 

Do you have a source?

24 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Sounds fake, and considering the timing I wouldn’t trust it, and the dragon power spinjitzu sets sound fake. Sora sounds like Sorla from the ice chapter, and we’ve just had a mech bike. However if this is real, I love the sound of this. A bounty will be good, hopefully in the same vein as the final flight from 2015. Dragon vs mech sounds great. I’m also gonna throw shade at the zane dragon power car, that doesn’t seem right, especially considering the ending of crystalized. 

Do you have a source?

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmlaVmtqWKN/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

https://www.instagram.com/p/CmlregqLMMh/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Huh, wonder what the gimmick sets are for then: Core, or the Summer wave.

Dragon Power sounds more like the latter, but we'll have to wait and see.

While the contents seem to be more of the same, these names sound interesting. It seems that Ras, Sora, and Arin are new characters (perhaps Ninja?), and that the season will have a racing theme. I hope that the Ninjas' suits have a racing design with a new mask piece that looks like a helmet. 

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

While the contents seem to be more of the same, these names sound interesting. It seems that Ras, Sora, and Arin are new characters (perhaps Ninja?), and that the season will have a racing theme. I hope that the Ninjas' suits have a racing design with a new mask piece that looks like a helmet. 

I’ll be willing to bet that “ras” is a mistranslation of “race”

honestly, I doubt this is a racing season, heard some people saying that the time twins might be returning, which is a bit more likely, honestly, I can just see a destiny’s bounty like vehicle chasing a time dragon. This “empress Mecca” sounds kinda cool though

37 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

I’ll be willing to bet that “ras” is a mistranslation of “race”

I do not think so; the name is "Kai and Ras/Ra's Car and Motorcycle Battle", so the set will include two vehicles for two characters. 

39 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

honestly, I doubt this is a racing season, heard some people saying that the time twins might be returning, which is a bit more likely, honestly, I can just see a destiny’s bounty like vehicle chasing a time dragon. 

The "Ninja Assault Ship: Race Against Time" does suggest that the Time Twins are returning, but I also think that this will be a racing season. See "Nya Dragon Power: Drifting Spinjitzu", "Zane Dragon Power: Spinjitzu Competition Sport Car", and "Sora's Mecca Transformable Racing Bike". 

44 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

This “empress Mecca” sounds kinda cool though

"Mecca" is absolutely a mistranslation of "Mecha", so this will be a mech for whoever the Empress is. 

Gonna throw my hat into the ring and also say that as some of sets seem to be including 2 builds, i can only assume that this is to “race” eachother, like the team mechs and empresses mech vs elemental dragon. I am seriously wondering how they will have a whole racing season plot wise, is the whole season just one big race like the Dakar rally? So the bounty is like the land bounty, a rolling HQ? I guess prime empire already went down the road of race season with the speedway 5 billion, especially considering 4 of the sets where racer based, along with 2 legacy sets popping up in the mix.

9 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

I am seriously wondering how they will have a whole racing season plot wise, is the whole season just one big race like the Dakar rally? 

I can see something along the lines of the season’s Mcguffin being the prize for winning the race, or the Mcguffins being located along the race’s route. 

Very interesting list. I like that we're getting new characters, but assuming they aren't one-off villains I wonder how they're going to factor into the series. Having new allies each wave could be cool, but new members of the main cast could really refresh the theme in a good way. My only concern with new main characters is that the main cast might end up being way too big. At max we could have nine if we get the original ninjas plus Arin, Sora, and Ra, as well Wu and other recurring characters like Skylor and Pixal. As is we tend to get more hero builds than villain ones, and that problem would likely get a lot worse if there were nine main cast members.

10 hours ago, Meadius said:

Very interesting list. I like that we're getting new characters, but assuming they aren't one-off villains I wonder how they're going to factor into the series. Having new allies each wave could be cool, but new members of the main cast could really refresh the theme in a good way. My only concern with new main characters is that the main cast might end up being way too big. At max we could have nine if we get the original ninjas plus Arin, Sora, and Ra, as well Wu and other recurring characters like Skylor and Pixal. As is we tend to get more hero builds than villain ones, and that problem would likely get a lot worse if there were nine main cast members.

I’ve seen people say it could be a gradual phase out of the main characters, say they stick around for a wave or 2 being accompanied by the new guys, so kids get used to it. Maybe we see a set of 3 new ninja this wave, a set of 3 new ninja next wave and then the following wave (summer 2024? Is it really that close?) we get a full change over. This would integrate them in without having a massive cut off and leaving kids confused and worried. I remember when I saw pics of the ninja for season 8 and the movie and I had a minor heart attack thinking that the others had just been dumped and this was the new cast. In a way, yes, but I’m glad the redesigns happened.