Sign in to follow this  
MKJoshA

MAIN CHALLENGE: Episode 1 - Backstory

1280x853.jpg

After the destruction of the 2nd Death Star the major powers in the galaxy have been jostling to see who can fill the power vacuum. And after the bombing on Valor, each faction has need of new recruits to fill their ranks. That's where you come in! But before the leadership of each team are ready to entrust you with a mission they want to know your back story.

Proving you are dedicated to the cause could greatly advance your team's advantage on the map! You can help The Light Side (sign up here), The Dark Side (sign up here), or The Mercenaries (sign up here). Here's where each team stands so far:

1280x1203.jpg

Contest Specifics:

There are 2 categories for this contest.

Cat A: Build a 10x10 MOC that shows your character in their element. Are they a chef? Show them in a Star Wars-y kitchen. Are they a thug-for-hire? Show them guarding a hideout. Are they a pilot? Show them in a hanger. Winner gets 20 free points in a sector of their choice for their team. MOC must be 10x10, not 5x20 or 2x50.

Cat B: Tell some of your character's backstory. You can use 1 MOC or many and there's no size restriction. Winner gets 30 free points in a sector of their choice for their team.

The Rules:

• All entries must be entered using this form: Link to Submission Form
  • All rules in the Core Rules topic apply unless otherwise stated in this explanation or the rules above.
  • There are no restrictions on the size/form/content of the builds, as long as they follow the above described goals.
  • Each person may only enter each category once.
  • All entries will earn XP for their team based on their score. Winners will earn additional XP.
  • The Episode will run from Nov 16th to Jan 15th. As long as it is still Jan 15th somewhere in the world, you can still enter. 
  • Entries posted after the deadline will be disqualified from the episode and will not be eligible to receive points.
  • The criteria by which your MOCs will be scored is 1) Storytelling, 2) Aesthetics, and 3) Technical Ability. You can earn up to 10 points in each category for a max total of 30 points per entry.
  • This episode/contest is open to all players of Mysteries, even if they joined EB or signed up for the game after the episode has begun.
  • All entries must be new creations, not posted anywhere else prior to the start date of this episode. You can use creations for this contest in other forums or contests, but it should not have been displayed before the start date for this contest.
  • All entries must be built from real LEGO or with Lego Digital Designer. 3rd party parts may be allowed if used to customize characters and in small quantities. I.E. guns or decals. 3rd party bricks are not allowed to be intentionally used (if you have a Megablock 2x2 brick in a wall of Lego bricks you won't be penalized).
  • You may do a 'full-blown photo edit' with all the text, effects, background compositing, support erasing, and other effects on one picture. All your other pictures may have no editing other than color adjustment or background removal for a solid-color background. For obvious reasons, any photo editing that changes the shape, functionality, or color (not tint or adjustment, but actual color) of a LEGO piece is prohibited,.
  • All entries are considered WIPs (Works In Progress) until the deadline passes. Until the deadline has passed, you are allowed to change and improve your MOC.

The Prizes:

• Highest scoring MOC in Cat A will win 20 free points for their team to be used anywhere on the map in one lump sum.
  • Highest scoring MOC in Cat B will win 30 free points for their team to be used anywhere on the map in one lump sum.
  • All points won must be assigned within 3 weeks of the contest's end.

31 minutes ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Has the Cat. A 10x10 stud moc a height limit?

No height limit.

On 11/16/2022 at 6:38 PM, MKJoshA said:

MOC must be 10x10, not 5x20 or 2x50

Some overhang allowed ? ( 1 stud here and there )

I have plenty of idea... just to check if I will have enough time.

3 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

Some overhang allowed ? ( 1 stud here and there )

I have plenty of idea... just to check if I will have enough time.

If it's foliage or something similar that's hanging over that'd be fine. If it's part of a base or building then you need to make it fit in the 10x10.

Great to see some entries! Just a reminder that there are only 5 days left!

Here is my entry for the contest. Cat A only. Unfortunately i had not the time to build a bigger moc. In 2 or 3 months i should have more hobby time. Fingers crossed!

Well you two, the contest is now closed :grin: We'll get started on judging ASAP.

Once the judging has been done, could you please give us an update about the points scored by the factions in the various grid sectors?

4 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Once the judging has been done, could you please give us an update about the points scored by the factions in the various grid sectors?

Yes, that's the plan! We also have Episode 2 in the works.

On 4/23/2023 at 2:02 PM, Yperio_Bricks said:

Do we have winners for the categories?

Wow, I was so busy updating the public sheets so everyone could see the map I forgot to post the winners info!

Cat A winner: Yperio_Bricks - 20 free points for the Mercs @Yperio_Bricks @Jody Meyer
Cat B winner: Professor Thaum - 30 free points for the Dark Side @Professor Thaum

Let me know here where you want your points to go and I'll update the map. We'll say deadline is 3 weeks from now to make your decision.

Thanks guys!

image.png.48745e01232e987457eea5b832cfbd6b.png

As you can see from the Public Sheet, the Dark Side needs 29 more points to take M10 and the Mercs need 4 more points to take S10. Great work everyone!