Sign in to follow this  
Ayrlego

[GoC] Elizabethville Observatory

On top of a rocky outcrop in the idyllic countryside outside of Elizabethville, renowned Corlander Astronomer Sir George Herschel maintains a stately house that doubles as an observatory for his astronomical calculations. Sir George has happily made Lacryma his home and he enjoys consulting with the local Onondaga medicine men, who are known for their knowledge of the heavens. Sir George lives in peace with his daughter Abigail and her dachshund Tiberius.

52503695520_cd301703e2_c.jpg

My wandering skies entry shamelessly re-purposed as a GoC build for BoBs. My intent was always to make my entry so that it could be easily converted from a floating island to a 'normal' terrestrial build. A GoC entry for Task 5, category 3. Licensed as an educational build for the settlement account.

Beautiful build as always! The foliage is really nice and I like that you took it right out to the edge, helps frame it in. I'm a sucker for tiled roofs like this as well and using the wagon wheel for a round window is neat! Wildlife is always a plus as well, so I like the squirrel is the corner. Overall a :thumbup: from me!

This is superb @Ayrlego! The colors of the vegetation and the building/roof combo look so great. Excellent job!

The sand green/ dark green base combo works really well

How is that evergreen bush on the right held together?

A GoC :thumbup: from me

This is a great architecture of the house. The 2 trees are built well and nicely. Great to see a squirrel too. I learned something again; I didn't know before that this breed of dog is called Dachshund in English.

Beautiful build! Wonderful work on that roof. Nice trees, too. :thumbup:

I've always wanted to build an observatory in BoBS. This may help nudge me into action. 

Awesome as usual

I like those trees :thumbup: and that ground floor ( with that door )

That flower box is to be noticed too !

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

I've always wanted to build an observatory in BoBS. This may help nudge me into action. 

seconded, I have one still in progress for the RSNP

The high A feels very appropriate for this kind of building, great roof texture too.  I also really like it on the island. :pir-grin:

As always, your use of colour is just superb. The lavender flowers, bright green tree and dark blue roof gives a really nice contrast to the more earthen colours of the house and landscape.

A definite :thumbup: from me for GoC.

And good to see some screen time for the RSNP too. I remember once starting a domed observatory, but couldn't really make it work and gave up. I think I will need to give it another go at some time.