15 hours ago, Unbrickme said:

My review is up! This time I did not put an inappropriate facial expression in the thumbnail :) The engine is fascinating! 

Me, Sariel, and Racingbrick all released our reviews of the SAME set at the SAME time! What an insane coincidence! The universe works in strange ways!

Then, they should be here too:

And my part, as well. Studio file with all building steps and Bags order, with all custom parts: https://bricksafe.com/files/Void_s/42151/42151 - Bugatti Bolide.io
I wanted to wait for the official release, but since reviews are here, the embargo period is over.

Edited by Void_S

Do we only get the 42151 review? Or are there seperate embargo dates for each model of the Januar-wave?

16 minutes ago, Jundis said:

Do we only get the 42151 review? Or are there seperate embargo dates for each model of the Januar-wave?

No separate embargo, not sure about the others but I'm still working on the Monster Jam video :) Smaller January Technic sets were not offered for review unfortunately, need to find them on the shelves to build & review. 

By the way, the 1st MOD for fixing the "flexible nose" - remove the 3L blue pin from the opening front hood (between yellow suspension arms) and put a 5L axle instead, so it connects the "front hood" and yellow front panels into a single right structure.
As a result, you will lose the "openable front hood" feature but the nose will be secured from several sides.

I thought they were connected to each other, looking at the preview photos, but later saw TLG sacrifice the assembly rightness to add a feature.

3 hours ago, kbalage said:

No separate embargo, not sure about the others but I'm still working on the Monster Jam video :) Smaller January Technic sets were not offered for review unfortunately, need to find them on the shelves to build & review. 

Thanks for the update, too bad we'll have to wait longer for the 10 euro set reviews. That cute snow plow thingy looks really interesting and the only one I personally think is worth spending my money on. Proper Technic.

Picked this set up today and if nothing else, it is a terrific parts pack, you actually get a usable amount of many new panels, so good in fact, I didn't bother with stickers and will likely pick up a second copy when it goes on sale.

3 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Picked this set up today and if nothing else, it is a terrific parts pack, you actually get a usable amount of many new panels, so good in fact, I didn't bother with stickers and will likely pick up a second copy when it goes on sale.

Yes this set is good part pack. I bought this for get new panel but when building I realize this also include lot of friction 1/2 pin too.

Finally got my hands on this excellent set. It's the most fun and value I've had from a Technic set since the Ducati motorcycle. It looks great even without stickers, though benefits visually from swapping out the red pins at the front. Steering and engine functions are good. The doors are a weak point however, both functionally and aesthetically. Moving their pivot point outwards by one stud will prevent them from rubbing against the A-pillar flex axles, and lowering the yellow portions of each door (by swapping the thick 1x5 black liftarms for thin ones) greatly improves the side profile of the window area (as suggested by JangBricks' review). I also repositioned the steering wheel (so that it's not right up in the driver's face), and reworked the rear diffuser and exhaust.

X0kYyaA.jpeg

p8XNUVr.jpeg

1kFEIae.jpg

Edited by BrickMonkeyMOCs

Just finished bag 1. But mine is missing 85x85p.jpg?1658325972.1358137 for the roof air intake.

Instead it includes 1x 85x85p.jpg?1658325898.0518088. Yes, in white. *huh* Weird......

Speaking of the air intake, on the roof, mine is quite wobbly and a real pain to keep correctly oriented. It's so bad I had to triple check I put it together right.

7 hours ago, Johnny1360 said:

Speaking of the air intake, on the roof, mine is quite wobbly and a real pain to keep correctly oriented. It's so bad I had to triple check I put it together right.

I grew frustrated with that too, and eventually modified the attachment by instead using part #63869 behind the yellow part to attach the intake to the roof.

63869.png

On 2/10/2023 at 4:36 PM, astyanax said:

Just finished bag 1. But mine is missing 85x85p.jpg?1658325972.1358137 for the roof air intake.

Instead it includes 1x 85x85p.jpg?1658325898.0518088. Yes, in white. *huh* Weird....

Really weird indeed, there is a good chance that this is a one-off incident. The white Liftarm isn't used in any 2023 set, but is used in nine 2022 sets, strange... 

just finished mine, no problems here :grin:

Also just finished mine and was pleasantly surprised at the complexity. So many odd techniques, half a stud offsets and celever solutions. Also almost none-existing color coding, can't remember the last set that had so many similar parts like 1x2, 1x3 and 1x4 liftarms in same colors.

To sum it up, a very detailed and mature set.

Same experience here. The build was really nice, with great techniques for half stud off-setting, and it has lots of useful small parts in good color.

Just finished building mine, it was complete, nice half stud offsets as Zerobricks mentioned. I noticed an error in the building instructions, on page 35, step 71. The number of hole in the beans are mixed the 15 is next to the 11 beam and vice versa. On page 38 step 74 are the same beams for the other side "named" correctly. My son got 42149 yesterday and these are our first 2023 technic sets and the covers of the instructions are white, I think that is new as well.

On 11/15/2022 at 5:59 AM, Davidz90 said:

Interesting model, although I'd like it more in blue-black color scheme. 

Are we perhaps getting a recoloured version of this set?

I've just noticed that Promobricks is listing "42162 Bugatti Bolide Agile Blue" as an August release.

1 hour ago, BrickMonkeyMOCs said:

Are we perhaps getting a recoloured version of this set?

Seems so. Unfortunately I bought it already; right now I'm trying to convince myself that I need a second copy :tongue:

I wonder which of the "blue shades" will be used for the recolor model?
I tried to imagine the same model in default-yellow, dark azure, and blue, as the shades I find the closets ones to the Bugatti Blue livery:
(personally, I would love to see Dark Azure, since Blue looks more like McLaren Senna's variation rather a dedicated set...)
640x360.png640x360.png640x360.png