@kbalage I feel you, but the release of a "world's first" review 1 month earlier on a channel that has mere 27K subscribers really shouldn't worry you. Your review will still get the same number of views, if not more, because the set is hyped earlier and you can maybe answer questions and present important details that have been omitted in a rushed up review. If the sole purpose is to get clicks and have the bigger e-pen** then yes, having the first reveal is the only thing that matters. But most people tend to remember quality content more fondly and keep coming back for more. Besides, there will always be a dumb retailer somewhere who sells something too early, so it's futile to be upset about it.

Edited by R0Sch

@R0Sch the follower count of PB's YouTube channel is not really relevant, their article and video will be the review most of the folks will read or watch about this set in Germany for sure. Yes there will be a lot of people watching my review as well who are interested in the building details and techniques, but for casual Technic fans the PB review is already good and informative enough, I'm sure they will take the time to release it in English as well.

Obviously this set is not the most important release of 2023 so I'm not worried about this one explicitly, I'm worried about the trends. If every retailer and their blog/YouTuber friends will be free to publish reviews whenever the regular retailer stock arrives and TLG won't do anything about it then that will be a bigger concern in general for us. 

Lots of interesting new parts in this set for sure! But surely with so many new custom parts they could come up with a better looking rear wheel arch... 

Cool to see the use of black 2l axles instead of red... but they go through all that effort just to put 2 red 11214.pngin the front of the hood, instead of the DBG version.

20 hours ago, kbalage said:

Obviously this set is not the most important release of 2023 so I'm not worried about this one explicitly, I'm worried about the trends. If every retailer and their blog/YouTuber friends will be free to publish reviews whenever the regular retailer stock arrives and TLG won't do anything about it then that will be a bigger concern in general for us. 

@kbalage: I wonder why these sets arrive "so early" at retailers. Is that usual, to get new sets, that are to be released - when exactly for this one? Before Christmas 2022 or after? - more than a month into the future, so early?

Edited by johnnym
correction: wrong year

2 hours ago, johnnym said:

@kbalage: I wonder why these sets arrive "so early" at retailers. Is that usual, to get new sets, that are to be released - when exactly for this one? Before Christmas 2022 or after? - more than a month into the future, so early?

There's no official release date yet, but according to the rumors it is supposed to be January 1st 2023. Such cheaper and, well "average" LEGO sets without much focus don't get a proper reveal, they just randomly pop up at some point on lego.com before their street date. TLG doesn't start to sell them before that date, but you might find them at retailers, although usually it doesn't happen this early...

I don't know much about TLG's logistics approach but I guess they ship the sets when they have them, all shops want to have the biggest stock possible for the Holidays. More important sets have the "do not put on shelf before xxx" sticker, I assume these sets don't have such indication. But the Bugatti is not available yet anywhere as far as I know, otherwise Promobricks could have easily indicated their source. 

@kbalage: Thanks for sharing your information. Geez, I hoped I could get it before Christmas. :sadnew:

Hey, maybe it will be available before Christmas anyhow as TLG ships it to shops so soon. :classic:

On 11/23/2022 at 8:47 AM, howitzer said:

Funny that they use so many black 2L axles here, and in a scant few other Technic sets with heavy focus on aesthetics, while sets from other themes get plenty of them even with no aesthetic reason. I kinda hope that that this is a sign of TLG listening to all the complaints about brightly coloured pins etc. in wrong places, but I'm not holding my breath... 

Not really when the "pistons" are brown ffs...

I may not to apply stickers, it is not an issue for me. Issue is those printed wheelarches. Yes, I understand, why they printed, but that is most dissapointing thing. 

The option to the printed parts issue is including extra parts in the box so the customers can choose themselves whether to use the printed arches or not. It is a doable option cos I can't imagine wheel arches cost that much when they're mass produced that it would increase the set price.

I'm eyeing this set for the new parts, I've developed a habit of rebuilding small car sets like this into Star Wars inspired starfighters and I can imagine some design details using the new small yellow panels.

Mates, those prints are a real headache for those who want to save them (let me confess, I like prints and stickers and even use epoxy resin solutions to cover them and keep them permanently "fresh").
So the prints... They are applied as thermo-powdered ink and easily erase if you just rub the part with a school eraser rubber.

Added: yay, that's my 1-1-1-1, quatro-one post here!

Edited by Void_S

1 hour ago, Void_S said:

Mates, those prints are a real headache for those who want to save them (let me confess, I like prints and stickers and even use epoxy resin solutions to cover them and keep them permanently "fresh").
So the prints... They are applied as thermo-powdered ink and easily erase if you just rub the part with a school eraser rubber.

Added: yay, that's my 1-1-1-1, quatro-one post here!

could you share some details on the epoxy resin you use on stickers? thanks

Since LEGO obviously invested a lot of specialized new parts into this model (fenders, small panels), I expect they will create some new, lower profile wheels and tyres for this scale in the future.

2 hours ago, Zerobricks said:

Since LEGO obviously invested a lot of specialized new parts into this model (fenders, small panels), I expect they will create some new, lower profile wheels and tyres for this scale in the future.

They already have, "Tire 37 x 22 ZR" that definitely needs a narrow 14mm-wide variant))
55978.png

34 minutes ago, Void_S said:

They already have, "Tire 37 x 22 ZR" that definitely needs a narrow 14mm-wide variant))
55978.png

I think that we need larger rims and 43mm tires, to have the low profile look on a model of the same scale.

10 hours ago, mpj said:

I think that we need larger rims and 43mm tires, to have the low profile look on a model of the same scale.

Well, they will have too small differences in size... The more realistic option are wheel covers that are sligtly bigger than rims, and left a less tire profile visible. At least, the covers used at Mclaren F1 are not too awful, and here, at Bolide, existing 3L disks woul look nice if were increased up to 4-4.5L diameter.

4 minutes ago, Void_S said:

Well, they will have too small differences in size... The more realistic option are wheel covers that are sligtly bigger than rims, and left a less tire profile visible. At least, the covers used at Mclaren F1 are not too awful, and here, at Bolide, existing 3L disks woul look nice if were increased up to 4-4.5L diameter.

Yes, wheels covers could be a realistic option!

Yes, that's what I had in mind too. Firas often uses them in his cars.

But they don't necessarily work if the axles stick out of the wheel's volume, like they do at the front axle of the Bolide. We'd need something that has a through-hole.

Other example where TLG - or better we - missed a chance for a futuristic car wheel: the wheel from the Avengers Speeder Bike Attack set (at least that's where I first saw it), it doesn't have a through hole, which limits its use in RC cars in my eyes.

On 11/17/2022 at 5:38 PM, Void_S said:

Excuse me. Could you share the parts of the studio? I want to study how it is used.

Edited by trabidoni

@trabidoni, I would prefer not to distribute them before the official release of the model. I know some retailers may already start selling this model but my personal preference it to stick to the "common rules".

On 11/19/2022 at 8:57 AM, Jundis said:

The official review videos of promo accounts can only show it on the 2nd of december. 

So should we expect official reveal and reviews today?