With the 8448, styling was about flex axles and angled connectors. Now it's all about panels ... how many different panels are there?

It looks like superb part pack. I do not care about the model, but amount of new panels is no less than great.

This is a nice model and parts pack. And it will fit the Transporter.

I am excited about those new panels. So many fun parts here.

I am not excited about the axles in the engine being installed with the stop side on the head side rather than the crank side of the engine. Seems like just a matter of time before my fingers are trying to install a 1/2 bush in the V of the engine because it came off during play. I guess it's a simple fix...

Phew, it's getting hard to keep track of all the new panels!

It'll be interesting to see a small-scale "W16" engine.

Interesting that they have such prominent Lego stickers on it!

39 minutes ago, Jim said:

This is a nice model and parts pack. And it will fit the Transporter.

:thumbup: So it's basically new 42123?

Nothing wrong with that, but I guess it will not have a lot of functions, but nice building techniques instead.

31 minutes ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

It'll be interesting to see a small-scale "W16" engine

Indeed. There seems to be a second row of pistons in the engine image, but it's hard to tell.

Interesting model, although I'd like it more in blue-black color scheme.

Looks like

32294 Technic Wishbone Suspension Arm in yellow with least 2 - back after 2001 (include 2 in one set 8240)

56904 Wheel 30 x 14 in yellow with least 2 - back after 2014 (include 4 in one set 79115)

Small 9L mudguard with curved top with least 2 in black new

Panel 2x3 triangle with least 8 in black, 4 in yellow new

Not 100% sure but looks like 2x3 curved triangle panel in black on rear win - So this is also new panel

And I think this also possible include 18654 Technic Pin Connector Round 1L in yellow too.(least 2)

And 100% include #3 angle connector in yellow with least 2. (back after 2012, include 10 sets before)

And I'm happey cause TLG finally remove stupid pull-back in this scale.

5 new panel in one set with lot of rare yellow parts? WOW!

56 minutes ago, Thirdwigg said:

I am not excited about the axles in the engine being installed with the stop side on the head side rather than the crank side of the engine. Seems like just a matter of time before my fingers are trying to install a 1/2 bush in the V of the engine because it came off during play. I guess it's a simple fix...

They might have finally found out that it works better this way and not the other way round (the 42128 is an especially bad example). Normal bushes with their round side down work even better than 1/2 bushes. I thoroughly tested this with my 42093 scale cars with swappable engines.

25 minutes ago, Maaboo35 said:

Also, there's two of these in yellow, which last appeared in 8240 in 2001!

Cool parts usage for this piece.

The front wheels in yellow are a first for TECHNIC. I wonder how the NASCAR will look and if the new fender panel is also used there.

55 minutes ago, msk6003 said:

Not 100% sure but looks like 2x3 curved triangle panel in black on rear win - So this is also new panel

These are new. If you look closely you can see an axle hole. It's probably the same curve as the #1/#2 panels.

Definitely nice to see all the new small panels, that explains the high parts count. It's clearly an evolution from the McLaren. I really hope they have a proper W16. RWD is understandable due to the small scale, but not a lesser engine.

Also, the 1x1 round tile on the steering wheel looks an awful lot like the one from 42083.

5 hours ago, 2GodBDGlory said:

It'll be interesting to see a small-scale "W16" engine.

It would be... if only it wouldn't had just half a W16... which would be fine if either the real car had a V8, or Lego would just not do and useless licenses on these vehicles!

2 hours ago, Polarlicht said:

It would be... if only it wouldn't had just half a W16... which would be fine if either the real car had a V8, or Lego would just not do and useless licenses on these vehicles!

It's a full W16, you can see another row of cylinders behind. Seems like most of the new panels are simillar to the new ones in the new Ferrari's, just in smaller scale, 1x3 instead of 1x5 size. Also I think the angled panel has the same angle as #2 connector, 22,5 degrees. All in all a great little set, though having AWD like the real one would make it even better!

These new panels are great, they surely will open up lots of new possibilities on smaller scales. Not into these kind of sets, but might buy one just for the parts.

I am hoping that after seeing such a boom in new panels, TLG will also dedicate resources on new structural parts as well, like new connector types to facilitate denser small scale builds.

This set reminds me of the first studless Technic sets after the studded age - I also had a reaction like "wow, how is it ever possible to imagine these parts may exist?"
Must have for me, no doubts...

These curved variants of straight 71682 and micro variants of very small fairings 11946, are the parts that are exactly needed for aerodynamic things at cars in that scale (curved spoilers, wings, diffusers, etc).

Lego Technic, Panel Curved 2 x 3 x 1Lego Technic, Panel Fairing #21 Very Small Smooth, Side B

2 hours ago, gyenesvi said:

new connector types to facilitate denser small scale builds

Indeed! We're already seeing those new panels having axle holes, to keep things aligned -- good! But to get those dense builds, we really really need also 85x85p.jpg?1658325741.4677851 and 85x85p.jpg?1658325738.3077846 but with axle holes only!

(I'm sooo tempted just to buy a handful of 85x85p.jpg?1658326269.451841 and on each saw off 2 of the axles...)

3 hours ago, astyanax said:

Indeed! We're already seeing those new panels having axle holes, to keep things aligned -- good! But to get those dense builds, we really really need also 85x85p.jpg?1658325741.4677851 and 85x85p.jpg?1658325738.3077846 but with axle holes only!

Yes, those are very good examples of things we need! And I have a bunch more in my head, things that would be quite general purpose. And I simply don't understand why they don't get at least some priority over aesthetic elements and such.

I actually bought a bunch of 8L axles with stop to cut them to length 6/7 length. And a few new CV joint female parts to cut them to length 2..