Hinckley

Your thoughts on Universe

Although I only played LU on Beta testing, and I never intended to buy a subscription, I have to admit that it's kind of sad to see this game go. Sure, it was full of flaws, but it was very innovative and I even have nice memories of it when I played. Farewell, LU. Let's hope that if Lego does attempt something like this again, they'll learn from their mistakes and it'll stay for good.

Can't say I'm surprised. FBTB backs it up.

"The LEGO Universe team can take pride in having developed and launched a great LEGO experience that many players will miss,” said Jesper Vilstrup, Vice President, LEGO Universe. “Right now, we have almost 2 million players in LEGO Universe, and we get extremely positive feedback from players. Unfortunately, we have not been able to build a satisfactory revenue model in our target group, and therefore, have decided to close the game."

I do regret never taking the time to try it out, even after it became free. I've never had much to do with the game, but I do admit that it is sad to see a LEGO game go like this.

I'm fine with the shutdown of Universe but I wish they could fold jobs/resources into the LDD team. Because hybridization could bring perfection to the digital building experience, porting playground features and co-op into LDD.

It kills me that LEGO owns a talented game studio and has to shut it down.

But at the very least I hope they release all the model packs for ldd download. Because they have designs in there that are damn good.

Wait wait wait wait wait..

All affected employees will be offered assistance in finding new jobs inside or outside the LEGO Group

Give 'em set designer jobs!