Sign in to follow this  
Sandy

"Jörmungand", Ship of the Troll Sealord

Here's My Own Creation based around the Troll Warship I recently got. For the first time in my life, I own an actual LEGO ship hull, so how could I not use the chance to build a huge sea vessel.

So let me present you with "Jörmungand", the pride of the Troll Fleet. I do have to apologize for the inaccuracy of some of the shots, I'm really not that familiar with using a camera. I also apologize for not knowing the proper terms for different parts of the ship, like "starboard" (spelling?) and such.

laiva20.jpg

Here's an overview of the entire ship, along with the small assault boat next to it.

laiva21.jpg

The other side of the ship from afar.

laiva3.jpg

Closer look.

laiva4.jpg

Closer look from the other side.

laiva5.jpg

The funky assault boat.

laiva6.jpg

The front with a big scary face for intimidation purposes.

laiva7.jpg

The rear with a drawbridge (which shouldn't really be open, since the water would get in).

laiva9.jpg

The right side with a large ogre whipping the captured lady and dwarf.

laiva10.jpg

The left side of the ship, with another ogre and a troll warrior training the secrets of dual-wielding.

laiva11.jpg

The catapult on the front. It doesn't work properly, as the "rock" doesn't fly very far.

laiva14.jpg

A bearded troll guarding the front, along with a watchdog.

laiva16.jpg

A closer look on the face at the front. The eyes are actually flickfire missiles.

laiva12.jpg

A young troll at work on top of the rear tower.

laiva13.jpg

The Sealord and his Shamaness. And a pet spider.

laiva17.jpg

A troll warrior enjoying a well-deserved break.

laiva15.jpg

View from straight up, showing the whole deck.

laiva22.jpg

Surprise surprise! The deck and the rear tower can be easily removed to reveal the interior of the hull!

laiva23.jpg

The rear with weapons, a rat and room for the assault boat (which unfortunately doesn't fit through the gate).

laiva24.jpg

The middle, with some slaves doing the rowing, and lots of loot.

laiva25.jpg

Ouch! That hurts!

laiva26.jpg

There's a prison cell as well, but I wasn't smart enough to build a removable ceiling for it, so it's kinda unreachable.

laiva27.jpg

There has to be a kitchen too! And a chef troll. "Oh no, not chicken legs again?"

That's all of Jörmungand for you guys! It's really my first large-scale LEGO ship MOC, but I hope you like it nevertheless! :blush:

nice! i like theyoung troll/orc and the giand troll with the wip. but, is the actual ship that size?

Cool! I like how you used folded blue blankets for water. The ship is great, and the enslaved dwarfs and knights was a good idea. :thumbup::sweet:

nice! i like theyoung troll/orc and the giand troll with the wip. but, is the actual ship that size?

Well, the actual Troll Warship is the same length (about 50 cm, consisting of the front and four middle pieces for the hull), but of course not the same height. So my ship is a bit more than a mere "upgrade". :wink:

It’s a great upgrade and slave labour is always a great method of propulsion for a warship. Both the stern castle and the fore castle are very well made and look very imposing, however I think the ship could do with being longer so it doesn’t seem short and high out of the water. Further I think the use of the original bow is a mistake I personally don’t like the drop and then rising again at the prow, maybe it’d be better brickbuilt. Regardless everything else is sound and well made.

I like the level of detail that has gone into this - the slaves and the scary face especially. However, I personally do not like the assault boat, but that could just be me.

Bearded orcs look funny, but strangely appropriate for a a sea-faring force. Also, the shamaness is very cool. Good job!

Tom

This is great, Sandy! I love how it all looks so busy, with all the chains, spikes and ropes, and the wooden planks in the centre of the ship crossed over to let you see beneath, that's another great touch. I also love all your minifigs, how they're all unique, and that little boat is very cool, perfect for tearing up the sides of enemy ships! :devil:

Great job here, Sandy! :thumbup:

~Peace

That is really great. You've turned it into a castle on ....planks? anyways, great job. :thumbup:

Yes, a Troll Warship is actually a castle on planks. I have read 'De Elfen' a great book about Elves, Humans, Dwarves and Trolls. They go sailing to war with the trolls and they say a few times it's a castle on a ship.

Great work, I love it! :classic:

I really like the combination of Castle sets to make this great Moc! Well done on the characters too, bearded orc looks great as well as shamaness! Im also really digging the eyeglass that the Troll Sealord is holding. There are so many great little scenes on-board. The use of the blue blankets are a nice touch too!

Good job with this or vessel :thumbup:

I really like the "orc face" on the front and, of course, the orc shamaness! :tongue:

Slave labour is always a great method of propulsion for a warship.

:tongue: Too funny a line not to put in my sig.

A wonderful ship, filled with many tricks and twists and turns, looks very formidable in battle and like... well, the crownies will defenitely have their hands full. The assault boat however I'm going to truthfully say I do not like. The idea's great, everything seems set well, but what was used to make your ideal design looks flimsy and pretty quickly built. Bulk up the assault boat and it'll be perfect, but still I'm going to give this a 10/10 MOC. :thumbup:

The assault boat however I'm going to truthfully say I do not like. The idea's great, everything seems set well, but what was used to make your ideal design looks flimsy and pretty quickly built. Bulk up the assault boat and it'll be perfect, but still I'm going to give this a 10/10 MOC. :thumbup:

Hehe, I can confirm that the assault ship was sort of a side-thought, and I didn't put much effort into it at all. However, this MOC has been long gone already, so I can't do anything about it anymore. I have such a limited amount of bricks that I can't really keep my creations, unfortunately. :/

But I'm really glad you liked it, anyway! :wub:

WOW He must be mighty!!

Thats big! And Nice!!

I like the variation with the orc's!

Undersigned MoWo