Feuer Zug

[GBW] - Mission - PDSRE - Fulkasho Gun Runners

A roving patrol from the gun runners under Brick of Nations investigation stops his dune buggy near the shore. With a set of binoculars, he scans the horizon for ships and the skies for aircraft. He sees nothing, yet has the strange feeling like he's being watched. Because he neglected to scan the waters close to shore, he missed the periscope from the submarine.

52483929824_2a40d64dd0_c.jpg

At night, the PDSRE Type 99 diesel-electric submarine surfaces. The position was pre-planned due to the location of the tiny seaside cave. Quickly, two operatives go on deck and prepare their equipment for the swim to shore. Meanwhile, the skipper keeps a lookout.

52483162507_14db06cbdb_c.jpg

After the final swimming trip, all the supplies are ashore. The operatives duck into the cave while the submarine sinks out of sight.

52484118910_e7f4cbaa88_c.jpg

The next day, the operatives begin their surveillance. Using SATCOM, they send back images and data on the movements of the gun runners at their camp a half kilometer away.

52484118940_dc08fe4e3b_c.jpg

Very Cool. The way you made it seem like there's a whole submarine is lovely and I really like the look of it. One Question though. Some of the rocks on the left cliff look greenish, is that on purpose or does it have something to do with the lighting?

59 minutes ago, Mirror1810 said:

One Question though. Some of the rocks on the left cliff look greenish, is that on purpose or does it have something to do with the lighting?

Thanks. All anybody ever looks at is what's above the water line on ships. With the low profile of a submarine, it makes the illusion far easier. Ice cream makes for great air bubble when submerging too.

The rocks are supposed to have the green color in them. They are "marbled" from the factory. https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=6082pb01&name=Rock Panel 4 x 10 x 6 Rectangular (BURP) with Marbled Dark Green Pattern&category=[Rock]#T=C

Excellent build, I especially love the submarine, and the camp in the distance is an interesting effect thats well pulled off in thsi moc. 

13 hours ago, Scorcher43 said:

Excellent build, I especially love the submarine, and the camp in the distance is an interesting effect thats well pulled off in thsi moc. 

Danke. The use of forced perspective helps to add the illusion of distance to MOCs. I'm not great at it, but do attempt it now and then. It helps when you can't build huge vistas, but want to have details like a far off camp or mountains still in the scene.

1 hour ago, TheBeeze said:

You earned 36 Bucks

The PDSRE Navy is ready to take action. Recent funds have allowed for more advanced ordnance options.

Well done, love the scene, but the prospect is a bit weird in my opinion, maybe the enemy camp should have been represented directly in the background, instead of like this.

14 hours ago, ParmBrick said:

Well done, love the scene, but the prospect is a bit weird in my opinion, maybe the enemy camp should have been represented directly in the background, instead of like this.

Thanks. I tried to get the camp as a flat in the backdrop, but it wasn't working well. The tent angles with wedge plates was impossible at the scale I wanted.