Sign in to follow this  
Paperinik77pk

FS E.550 and Vnx806.200 in 1:87 scale

Hi all,

I know, it should have been presented in OcTRAINBER contest, but last month has been a busy one, so I decided to quit the challenge -  I was not on the right mood :hmpf_bad:

The two designs, for which you can see the Work In Progress here...

...have finally been finished and refined during this weekend. :excited:

Here's the E.550 - I prepared a stand for presenting it with its AC current system, with double overhead wires, and its double trolley-like pantofgraphs.

Lego FS E550 H0 1-87

Lego FS E550 H0 1-87

Lego FS E550 H0 1-87

Being the E.550 presented...it's now time to show what it became in the middle of the 60s: the vNX snowplow.

Lego FS vNX 806.200 - H0 (1:87)

Here I tried for my first time to render a snowy sidings track, the same I personally saw for many years.

All the decals are a bit bigger than they should be, in order to be more visible.and to give a "toyish" look to the vNX.

As already shown in the OcTRAINber WIP thread, the blade can be adjusted in several positions , like the real one:

OcTRAINber 2022 - FS vNX -  WIP

And here ends my personal tribute to this great piece of machinery,,,and its double life!

it has been a LOT responsible for my passion for trains (especially the "strange" ones)!!! :wub:

I hope you like it!

Ciao!

Davide

Edited by Paperinik77pk

very nice! you even made the effort to build little display stands for them. glad you are back!

On 11/6/2022 at 11:33 PM, XG BC said:

very nice! you even made the effort to build little display stands for them. glad you are back!

Thanks sir!!! Yes it was something I wanted to try (the snowy one in particular!!!) :blush:

On 11/7/2022 at 12:22 AM, Darkkostas25 said:

Great ones! Plow-train is cool and neat ! And a great variety of snow-plows!

Thanks!!! It is a bit bigger in comparison to the rolling stock, but making it static was a bit boring! :snicker:

Ciao!

Davide

You've put a lot of effort in these 1:87 scale models, Paperinik77pk, but this scale will never be a playable one.  It's too small. Nice though, how you situated it in a little display. 😉👍

On 11/13/2022 at 1:32 PM, Vliebricker said:

You've put a lot of effort in these 1:87 scale models, Paperinik77pk, but this scale will never be a playable one.  It's too small. Nice though, how you situated it in a little display. 😉👍

Yes, main purpose was to create a display-only small model of that snowplow, which I particularly like for personal reasons.  It's true - It is a challenging scale, and has some potential , but won't be usable until mixed with custom parts or existing H0 stuff for DIY. Small Lego wheels are nice, but are not able to roll smoothly and not so usable with technic axles. H0 axles can be used together with small ball bearings, but traction is a goal I've not yet achieved...

...I'm still working on it - but my first experiment of "direct drive" on wheels was not successful. :damn::laugh:

2 hours ago, Paperinik77pk said:

but traction is a goal I've not yet achieved...

...I'm still working on it - but my first experiment of "direct drive" on wheels was not successful. :damn::laugh:

for traction and part of the transmission with these small wheels use a rubber band drive. this one will be a challenge to motorize for shure but never think it is Impossible. wish you good luck!

15 hours ago, XG BC said:

for traction and part of the transmission with these small wheels use a rubber band drive. this one will be a challenge to motorize for shure but never think it is Impossible. wish you good luck!

Thanks! Rubber bands are a good idea on small Lego wheels, I used also thermo-retracting rubber tube for electronic to increase traction (as in the Fiat 500 Draisina from past OcTRAINber). :head_back:

On 11/18/2022 at 3:25 AM, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I didn't know this story ... beautiful model with the classic brown Isabella livery. :wub:
I really like the new model as a snow blower.

Amazin project Davide ...as always! :pir-huzzah2:

Thanks Emanuele!!! You're always kind! :classic:

On 11/18/2022 at 5:52 PM, LordsofMedieval said:

I love the dioramas - they're just perfect.

Thank you!!! It's the first time I try to make a small display (first time EVER with simulated snow) and your appreciation is really welcome! :blush: