olliewills

How to understand what I'm missing from BrickLink auto-select...

Hello all!

Hoping someone can help my newbie-self understand how BrickLink works! I've got a wishlist for a MOC which includes 193 unique lots. I've run it through BL with my country settings etc and it comes back saying it has found 190 of the 193. The thing I'm struggling with is knowning what is missing as there seems to be no way to know except by creating the carts and going through each one, checking off against the wishlist... I'm sure there must be a better way, or maybe I'm doing something wrong?

My interest is because it's entirely possible that those 3 lots are things I could live without or source manually later, but without knowing what they are, I can't really commit to this MOC...

I hope that make sense! Thanks all!

Ollie

Easy enough to see - while you are at the right screen, and for a single store at a time.

zVCAFDr.png

Look to the left of the screenshot here - make sure you are on the 'Wanted Items' tab at top. Now when you select a store, you will see the item counts '0/1', '10 of 20' etc. You can also click the locks to filter to stores that must have this piece and so on.

Are you using the "Easy Buy" button? I don't think there is any way other than manually when doing that. Once you've purchased each cart you can apply it to the wanted list but that's no use if you want to see before you buy. 

Use Buy All from in the wanted list and as Yoggington shows, make informed carts. You may also find that the 3 missing parts are not available, either due to no sellers or not being a production part. Particularly relevant with things like plates with clips, heads and wheels where colour range is different between each a b c etc variation.

Do note that Easy Buy will give you some awful orders and no idea of the final cost.

Wow that helps a lot, thanks very much both! I had been using the "buy all / auto-select" mode but I hadn't discovered the 'wanted items' tab! I'd been making do by cross-comparing searches on BL and BrickOwl, plus setting things as new/used and a lot of 'best guess'! This makes things much easier! 

Alright, created an account just to answer this, so I hope that someone will find this useful

Whenever you have missing lots, it's likely because the stores in your country don't have those item

Screenshot_13_compressed.jpg.a010f697acff86c06f07b3c110e1f45d.jpg

So to check what those items are, just switch to searching to anywhere, as stores around the world are likely to have those missing items.

Screenshot_14_compressed.jpg.af16291e7ca24582fe99e2ea1f74d3ea.jpg

Just select one of the shops that has the items, and you will see the ones that you are missing!
Screenshot_15_compressed.jpg.14116976caa06f89adaa2e005333d0ce.jpg