X0_mocs

[WIP] [MOC] Lamborghini Terzo Millennio

Hello there!

I´ve finally decided to join this site to show you guys what i´m currently working on. As the title says, it´s a replica of the Lamborghini Terzo Millennio concept car. I´ve started this build in late 2020 as a side project, but i was never satisfied with my results. In August of 2022, I decided to copletely rebuild the car and start from scratch. Once I´m finished, I´ll publish the instrucrtions on Rebrickable.

NOTE: THIS IS STILL A WORK IN PROGRESS BUILD!

Features:
- 4WD with one motor per wheel
- working steering wheel
- working suspension
- openable doors
- easy removal of BuWizz units
- aggressive looks ;)

Terzo Millennio, front view

Replicating all the lines and angles of this car was a real challenge. The first thing i tried to build were the iconic front lights, wich is coincidentally the only thing I didn´t have to redesign from my previous versions. After that, I made the drivetrain consisting of four BuWizz Motors, one per wheel. For steering, I´ve used a PoweredUp L-Motor. In order to drive the car, there are two BuWizz 3.0 units mounted behind the seats. As you can see on the picture below, the buttons to switch on the BuWizz units aren´t accessible, therefore I´ve come up with a very simple switch mechanism. By pulling the connector (highlited in orange) into the middle, it pushes the other connector onto the button of the BuWizz unit, switching it on/off.  Since the "real" car is an EV I didn´t include a piston engine either. 

terzo%20main%20module.png switch.png

The suspension is pretty straight forward, using two shock absorbers with hard springs per wheel in the front, and two of the newer 9l shocks in the rear. Speaking of the rear, there´s still some work to do with replacing the blue and tan pins, but I am satisfied with the shape of the rear lights and the rear structure in gerneral. The rear is still the most WIP area of this build.

IMG_20221102_202207847.jpgside%20module.png

The side panels have a lot of different angles and fins, but I tried to replicate them as accurate as possible. I even managed to include a litte Italian flag ;) 

Very cool, looking forward to see this develop!

Say, what's that car in the background (other than the Sian)?

24 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Very cool, looking forward to see this develop!

Say, what's that car in the background (other than the Sian)?

Thank you very much! It´s actually your Vision GT ;)

Fantastic looking model, for the most part. I’m not sure about the 1x1 plates used for headlights though. In the real car they are clearly beneath that panel, which gives it a far more aggressive look.

4 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I’m not sure about the 1x1 plates used for headlights though. In the real car they are clearly beneath that panel, which gives it a far more aggressive look.

I´ll definitely change them soon, thanks! 

13 hours ago, X0_mocs said:

Thank you very much! It´s actually your Vision GT ;)

Awesome!! I thought it might be, hence my question...

If you want to have the honor of being the first to post a photo of it on Rebrickable, I'd be delighted! :pir-huzzah2:

50 minutes ago, astyanax said:

If you want to have the honor of being the first to post a photo of it on Rebrickable, I'd be delighted! :pir-huzzah2:

I wil once it´s finished. There are still some parts missing in the back as well as the gold hoses. They should arrive soon though ;)

This is rad! I can't believe how much progress you made physically and digitally in just a little over two months! (I dream of that level of workmanship) Any interest in making a cheaper one with a single BuWizz 3.0 and two BuWizz motors?

Welcome to EuroBricks!

57 minutes ago, StudWorks said:

This is rad! I can't believe how much progress you made physically and digitally in just a little over two months! (I dream of that level of workmanship) Any interest in making a cheaper one with a single BuWizz 3.0 and two BuWizz motors?

Welcome to EuroBricks!

I'm quite amazed myself tbh ;)

I'll put a cheaper version on my list for sure.

And thanks for the welcome! :D

On 11/3/2022 at 12:25 PM, LvdH said:

In the real car they are clearly beneath that panel, which gives it a far more aggressive look.

IMG_20221104_181836053.jpg

changed the headlights, now they´re under the panel :D 

Not sure if I like this car in real life but your's looks great so far! Headlights look at lot better underneath the panel, I really like those red rings at the front too. 

Wow! The design is very well composed, using a high density of panels. The drivetrain does not use differentials, right? Does that affect the performance while cornering? When I tried this, the battery box would always shut down becaues of the extra load.

Fine work! It already looks so good for itself - I e.g. love the building techniques used for the front and the fenders and quarter panel - but being RC perfects it! :thumbup: Also looking forward to a performance demonstration...

14 hours ago, Fosapifi said:

The drivetrain does not use differentials, right? Does that affect the performance while cornering? When I tried this, the battery box would always shut down becaues of the extra load.

No it doesn´t. There´s one motor connected to each wheel, with no connection in between. Haven´t had any problems while driving so far, but I´ll upload a driving video soon. 

23 minutes ago, astyanax said:

Niiiiiiice

Now please tell us how you made them! :excited:

I´ve had them made by @burntamber_coupe  over on Instagram. The rims consist of three main modules of which I´ve painted one orange. (it´s basically a large circle with fins, easy to paint using spray paint.) I did three layers of white, another three layers of orange on top and then glued it all together. :)

7 hours ago, X0_mocs said:

I´ve had them made by @burntamber_coupe  over on Instagram. The rims consist of three main modules of which I´ve painted one orange. (it´s basically a large circle with fins, easy to paint using spray paint.) I did three layers of white, another three layers of orange on top and then glued it all together. :)

I could have printed some custom wheels for you too. Well done regardless!

Those wheels look amazing! Well done on this model, although I think it would deserve some better taken pictures to show it of a bit more.

Just saw this and was absolutely blown away. Although from a glance it looks like the sian in some places, the bodywork makes the iconic shape of the Terzo millenio apparent.  Nice to include the removal of the remote control units.