Sign in to follow this  
BarfolomewMog

(MOC) 4-LOM Battle Mech

Hi,

Here is the fourth mech in this series. It's been 98% done for a long time now but sometimes life forces you to put Lego on hold for a bit.

There are a lot more Constraction type pieces and techniques in this one but it still relies heavily on the System method.

As with the others, it was designed to have the minifig's head exposed underneath the helmet.

I hope you like it!

52466885467_69e8bd1d5f_c.jpg4-LOM Hopper-Class Battle Mech by Greg Dalink, on Flickr

52467852195_e0dfce5fee_c.jpg4-LOM Hopper-Class Battle Mech by Greg Dalink, on Flickr

52466888252_99baea97c9_c.jpg4-LOM Hopper-Class Battle Mech by Greg Dalink, on Flickr

I was just wondering when we'd be treated to another one of these! Marvelous work as always - I like the difference in aesthetic to the others.

Great as always. I'm kind of surprised Lego hasn't tried something like this themselves since they seem to love mechs so much these days.

22 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

worthy addition to the series

I'm glad you think so, thank you!

21 hours ago, Mandalorianknight said:

I love how bug-like it works. It's like a hyperrealization of 4-LOM's own design

Thanks, I've always felt that he was like an insect version of C-3PO, so, to balance that awkwardness, I figured that his mech should have the impression of an insect crossed with a Japanese superbike (minus the wheels).

20 hours ago, TeddytheSpoon said:

difference in aesthetic to the others

I tried to make him all curves and greebles because I wanted him to have a bit of an organic feel and be a bit more alien like. 

15 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

I love the legs!

Thanks! The main feature of 4-LOM I wanted to keep was the shape and roundness of his knee joints but other than that I felt I had freedom to do what I liked. I thought that grasshopper type legs would fit the insect aesthetic I was going for.

8 hours ago, Meadius said:

hasn't tried something like this themselves

I think maybe because you have to be fairly careful to get the model properly balanced. Once the legs are arranged in the proper position he's quite stable though.

Thank you everyone for your kind words, I really appreciate the time you've taken to leave feedback.

Cheers