Hi everyone, I guess its time to show you my first ever GBC module, Hamster Dance.

800x533.JPG
Essentially, it is an overengineered chain lift on the left tower and what are basically hamster tubes looping around and through the second tower with a bridge connecting them.
Those of a certain age will get the referance of the name (I know its rubbish but its still funny)

Specs:
Length: 93 studs,
Width: 15 studs,
Height: 60 studs,

Driven by 1 PF XL motor,
Input bin is 11x11x10 studs,
Input bin has an agitator driven by a PTO from the main gearbox, has angled guards on the side and angled liftarms around the bottom of the chain to catch any balls falling off so they can roll back into the input bin,
Chain has 3L  friction pins for the balls and idler/tensioner wheels to guide the chain safely through the main structure,
Takes about 18 second for a single ball to cycle through (obviously longer with more balls)
It has 24x curve pieces and 35x staight pieces,
Output can be rotated or changed depending on show requirements,
Includes a pokey stick.

800x533.JPG
^ Input bin ^

800x533.JPG
^ Input bin underside ^

640x960.JPG
^ Power tower ^

800x533.JPG
^ Bridge deck ^

640x960.JPG
^ Tunnel tower ^

800x533.JPG
^ Output ^

640x960.JPG
^ Gearbox ^

^ Promo video ^

^ Short clip of Hamster Dance at the Great Western Brick Show 2022 at the STEAM museum in Swindow at the start of October. ^
During the two day event, running for 7 hours on each day, it jammed about 5-6 times, although I have now fixed that issue.

Thanks for reading,

...some people just want to watch the world burn. Thanks to @Maaboo35 and @MxWinters, I'm going to need to bleach my brain to get this earworm of a song out! :tongue:

Anyway, awesome MOC, and a fitting name for it.

2 hours ago, Maaboo35 said:

Thanks, @MxWinters. Thanks to you, this song is now stuck in my head...  so I'm taking everyone with me.

I hope you're happy.

2 hours ago, Murdoch17 said:

...some people just want to watch the world burn. Thanks to @Maaboo35 and @MxWinters, I'm going to need to bleach my brain to get this earworm of a song out! :tongue:

Anyway, awesome MOC, and a fitting name for it.

:devil: MUHAHAHAHA! :devil:    :laugh_hard::iamded_lol::laugh_hard::iamded_lol::laugh_hard::iamded_lol::laugh_hard::iamded_lol::laugh_hard::iamded_lol::laugh_hard::iamded_lol::laugh_hard:

Some idiot had to do it, I may as well be the fool who does.
Look on the bright side, at least its a bit more memorable....I mean how many GBC modules have a global single that hit number 1 in Canada and number 4 in the US associated with them :wink:......
I thought that was good marketing to be honest :smug:

In all seriousness though, thanks, I'm glad you like it. Took a lot of testing and refining to get it right but I'm relieved that it runs as well as it done, I can put it in a loop and forget about it, something my fellow LUG members really appreciate.

Edited by MxWinters
Removed video from quote

23 hours ago, MxWinters said:

640x960.JPG
^ Gearbox ^

interesting module.
It seems that your module is not quite at 1 ball per second, with an XL motor, you can remove a reduction to gain speed.
Another tip, put a beam to prevent the clutch from coming out of its axis!