Finally the last touches have been applied to the great Cathedral of Pontelli:

800x569.jpg

A lot of work went into this building and you can still spot the craftsmen around the mighty cathedral.

640x447.jpg

Making those coloured-glass windows is really difficult!

640x480.jpg

And these guys are probably just practicing...

640x824.jpg

While the architect is happy with his finished work.

800x1067.jpg

Amazing, how many strange details such a cathedral has...

640x480.jpg

Careful when you carry that!

640x480.jpg

On the right: Some gargoyles are obviously being re-invented.

640x473.jpg

"Verputzen" - what is that in English?

I am planning to license this in some way :pir-grin:

Did anybody spot the monkey?

1 hour ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Mak640x447.jpging those coloured-glass windows is really difficult!

Very well done!

I can recognize: The Pillars of the Earth (miniseries) and the 3 Musketeers

The monkey? This is really very difficult! In the second photo I recognize some people in red clothes. Are these people from Borington? Luckily, it's Oktoberfest right now! Maybe I can see better when I'm drinking a beer? Now I see the monkey. He hid under a brown blanket on the upper left side:pir_laugh2: 

Very nice! the cathedral by itself is impressive (I especially like the details on the flying buttresses), but all the vignettes around it really add to it. Well done! :thumbup:

4 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I am planning to license this in some way :pir-grin:

A cathedral would be an Art & Culture property.

Under the box on the left, yes?

3 hours ago, NOD said:

Very well done!

I can recognize: The Pillars of the Earth (miniseries) and the 3 Musketeers

The monkey? This is really very difficult! In the second photo I recognize some people in red clothes. Are these people from Borington? Luckily, it's Oktoberfest right now! Maybe I can see better when I'm drinking a beer? Now I see the monkey. He hid under a brown blanket on the upper left side:pir_laugh2: 

Interesting theories!  :pir_laugh2:

Maybe that was too hard. The monkey is on the very left and working the middle-age-crane:

640x480.jpg

48 minutes ago, Capt Wolf said:

Very nice! the cathedral by itself is impressive (I especially like the details on the flying buttresses), but all the vignettes around it really add to it. Well done! :thumbup:

A cathedral would be an Art & Culture property.

Under the box on the left, yes?

Art & Culture - I think that is still missing in Pontelli :pir-sweet:

On the left = yes, see above.

Yeah, spotting the monkey was very hard :pir_laugh2:

The cathedral is wonderful and of impressing size. The colorful windows look great. I love all the small scenes and stories you tell with the minifigs!

12 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

The monkey is on the very left and working the middle-age-crane

Ah! I missed it. Well hidden!

12 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Art & Culture - I think that is still missing in Pontelli :pir-sweet:

FYI, I think all that Pontelli needs to become a Large Town is a medium artisan and a medium residence (or two small ones of each). Surely with all the entertaining scenes you've posted there are some missed licensing opportunities.

This is quite an imposing building, love the windows and all the gargoyles!  That monkey was hard to spot.  I thought I might have seen him but wasn't sure until I checked the comments!  

Oh wow, that is big!  Like Kai said, those gargoyles are great, and the architecture is phenomenal, very worthy of the great city of Pontelli :pir-huzzah2:  I particularly like those windows above the flying butresses too, so good!  And of course I spotted the monkey right away, :tongue:  He's doing the important stuff. :monkey:

Great stuff, Captain!  You're inspiring me to get back to building! 

Awesome cathedral mate!

A cathedral is sth I want to build as well in the future but you set the bar very high 😅

18 hours ago, Yperio_Bricks said:

Yeah, spotting the monkey was very hard :pir_laugh2:

The cathedral is wonderful and of impressing size. The colorful windows look great. I love all the small scenes and stories you tell with the minifigs!

Thanks a lot! :pir-huzzah1:

13 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

The monkey in the crane wheel.

This cathedral is gorgeous, with plenty of details...

Excellent

Merci! :pir-huzzah2:

8 hours ago, Mister Phes said:

image.png

Thanks for the support! :pir-triumph:

6 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

FYI, I think all that Pontelli needs to become a Large Town is a medium artisan and a medium residence (or two small ones of each). Surely with all the entertaining scenes you've posted there are some missed licensing opportunities.

Very helpful. I need to build something in that way :pir-grin:  Or register something already posted.

6 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is quite an imposing building, love the windows and all the gargoyles!  That monkey was hard to spot.  I thought I might have seen him but wasn't sure until I checked the comments!  

Thanks. "find the monkey" = that's the new clickbait!  :pir-laugh:

2 hours ago, Maxim I said:

Awesome cathedral mate!

A cathedral is sth I want to build as well in the future but you set the bar very high 😅

Thanks. I wanted to take it apart after BrickMania.... maybe I should wait :pir_wacko:

5 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Oh wow, that is big!  Like Kai said, those gargoyles are great, and the architecture is phenomenal, very worthy of the great city of Pontelli :pir-huzzah2:  I particularly like those windows above the flying butresses too, so good!  And of course I spotted the monkey right away, :tongue:  He's doing the important stuff. :monkey:

Great stuff, Captain!  You're inspiring me to get back to building! 

A pleasure :pir-sweet:

Nothing short of spectacular! Absolut atemberaubend!

I like all the little side scenes, but the main build is of course just great in every meaning of the word. So well done! :pir-wub:

2 hours ago, Darnok said:

Nothing short of spectacular! Absolut atemberaubend!

I like all the little side scenes, but the main build is of course just great in every meaning of the word. So well done! :pir-wub:

Thanks. I need to mention that it was a collab with ArchitectureFan. He has an eye for those proportions. :pir-sweet:

Beautiful cathedral, a true work of art with all those gargoyles! :pir-wub:
The most captivating part, however, concerns the details of the characters that roam the surroundings, engaged in typical activities of the time ... I really like the architect with the sextant! :pir-triumph:

An excellent building dear sir!!! Architecture is instantly recognisable and those brick built gargoyles are epic (although I thought you would have used gray monkeys instead :pir_tong2: :pir_tong2: ). Ofc so are the one piece "dinosaur" gargoyles - really fitting!

Stained glass technique is very good and whenever I have seen it, really elevates builds.

Finally, go get some bananas for the monkey because he/she definitely does the hardest part in the whole worksite!!!

9 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Beautiful cathedral, a true work of art with all those gargoyles! :pir-wub:
The most captivating part, however, concerns the details of the characters that roam the surroundings, engaged in typical activities of the time ... I really like the architect with the sextant! :pir-triumph:

Thanks :pir-sweet:   Whatever architects are doing with sextants...  but it looks good :pir-grin:

8 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

An excellent building dear sir!!! Architecture is instantly recognisable and those brick built gargoyles are epic (although I thought you would have used gray monkeys instead :pir_tong2: :pir_tong2: ). Ofc so are the one piece "dinosaur" gargoyles - really fitting!

Stained glass technique is very good and whenever I have seen it, really elevates builds.

Finally, go get some bananas for the monkey because he/she definitely does the hardest part in the whole worksite!!!

If I had gray monkeys I would have used them :pir_laugh2:

The stained glass (especially with the challenge of stability) was my key part in this collaboration. ArchitectureFan is the one to provide the overall architecture :pir-grin:

And yes, the monkey will get some bananas! :monkey:

It took a minute to find the Monkey lol.

I recognise the winged Gargoyles from the Arkham Asylum set from about 8 years ago

19 hours ago, Killian said:

I recognise the winged Gargoyles from the Arkham Asylum set from about 8 years ago

Reuse is so important these days!

Did nobody comment on my custom made musketeers? :pirate-sad

Now that you mention it... I was wondering where they came from! :classic:

And nice job with the cathedral, especially the windows. The scenes of the workers are pretty cool too. I totally saw that monkey as soon as you posted this, yes I did. I promise. Maybe. :grin:

5 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

My bad; I certainly should have, as I noticed them right away. Definitely a nice job with those. :thumbup: How did you make the stickers for the torsos?

14 hours ago, Captain Dee said:

Now that you mention it... I was wondering where they came from! :classic:

And nice job with the cathedral, especially the windows. The scenes of the workers are pretty cool too. I totally saw that monkey as soon as you posted this, yes I did. I promise. Maybe. :grin:

Well, I almost did not see the monkey myself :pir-laugh:

The musketeers are custom made. I created the torso images and had them printed.

13 hours ago, Capt Wolf said:

My bad; I certainly should have, as I noticed them right away. Definitely a nice job with those. :thumbup: How did you make the stickers for the torsos?

No stickers. These are prints! There is a guy in Germany called "Steindrucker". And he does fine minifig prints and other things too.

It was some photoshop work for me, getting those french images/logos and then adapting the colour scheme.

6 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

No stickers. These are prints! There is a guy in Germany called "Steindrucker". And he does fine minifig prints and other things too.

It was some photoshop work for me, getting those french images/logos and then adapting the colour scheme.

Very cool!