Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 75573 Floating Mountains: Site 26 & RDA Samson

Here is my review on 75573 Floating Mountains: Site 26 & RDA Samson:

THE GOOD:

• Great build and great display value.
  • The cabin of site 26 looks great.
  • RDA Samson looks way better than the product picture.
  • Interesting building experience through out.
  • Great idea to be able to display the RDA Samson flying.
  • Good minifigures selection.

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• $$$$ very expensive in RRP.
  • The horse doesn't have any articulation. 
  • The tank for Jake could have been using a different piece than a standard door.

This set turns out to be a nice surprise.  I really like the RDA Samson as I do think the product pictures do not do this build justice.  The cabin is great with interior details for those who familiar with the movie.  On top of that, both are interesting build.  And it's great idea to allow you to connect the chopper to the terrain.  With 5 excellent minifigures, I was very happy with this set in general.  However, there are some small things which I reckon would be deal breaker for a lot of people.  For example, I'm a bit disappointed the horse (I forgot the name) does not have articulations.  Other than that I biggest hurdle will be the high recommended retail price.  I would still recommend to everyone especially this will be discounted for sure.  Oh more thing, the instruction booklets have photos from scenes featuring the builds and funny thing is RDA Samson uses the photo the moment this chopper is destroyed.