El Garfio

2023 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

12 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, apparently it’s a set at target 

Well thanks for that useful reply. :ugh:

I built the art school from 2022. It's nice, I love the style of it even though I had 7 screwed up pieces and one missing. It's what makes Friends better than City, there are all types of building styles in Friends. City is 95% modern. 

6 minutes ago, Maple said:

I built the art school from 2022. It's nice, I love the style of it even though I had 7 screwed up pieces and one missing. It's what makes Friends better than City, there are all types of building styles in Friends. City is 95% modern. 

Yeah, it’s a beautiful set, just don’t know if I can find a place for it in Heartlake city, mainly because this is in France

9 hours ago, Maple said:

I'm trying to get this one to replace the City school in my town. It has a much better build quality. 

s-l640.jpg

Edited by Poodabricks

11 hours ago, Maple said:

Well thanks for that useful reply. :ugh:

Be nice. It was an on-topic reply.

3 hours ago, jonwil said:

Can someone who has bought the new skate park set tell me if the helmet/hair combos in that set are the same mold as https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=54647pb03 and https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=54647pb02 or if they are a different new mold just for minidolls?

all minidoll hair/hats fit minifigures. Sometimes hair that goes over the shoulders doesn't look ideal, but they all fit. The top of minidoll heads are the same design/dimensions as minifigure ones.

Ordered Leo's Room since it might retire early if children don't buy it because of a lack of female characters. Also because I want boy focused Lego Friends sets to do well.  Besides, someone somewhere will complain that the darker skinned character is working in the kitchen with a whip behind him while the light skinned character is directing him. Because people love reading unintended motives into innocent things. Yeah, just want to make sure I have the "Look no girls, Lego Friends is totally for both genders" set in case it retires early 

Just now, Killian said:

all minidoll hair/hats fit minifigures. Sometimes hair that goes over the shoulders doesn't look ideal, but they all fit. The top of minidoll heads are the same design/dimensions as minifigure ones.

Ordered Leo's Room since it might retire early if children don't buy it because of a lack of female characters. Also because I want boy focused Lego Friends sets to do well.  Besides, someone somewhere will complain that the darker skinned character is working in the kitchen with a whip behind him while the light skinned character is directing him. Because people love reading unintended motives into innocent things. Yeah, just want to make sure I have the "Look no girls, Lego Friends is totally for both genders" set in case it retires early 

Dang, I need to get Leo’s room, had an idea of turning the vacation beach house into a house for Leo 

24 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Dang, I need to get Leo’s room, had an idea of turning the vacation beach house into a house for Leo 

That's a great idea. You need to post pics when you do. 

I hope Lego are properly committed to their gender equality and we get all 8 friend's houses as sets like Autumn's House.

They did it eventually with the G1 Friends, though leaving the darkest skinned girl's house until last and shoehorning in a Caucasian girl who wasn't even a member of the black family so the set still had white representation didn't sit super well with me for diversity reasons. I mean, I still bought it at a discount, it's a great build; but it did scream "Lego don't think black minidolls sell"

Hope I don't have to wait 8 years for all 8 houses lol

52 minutes ago, Killian said:

That's a great idea. You need to post pics when you do. 

I hope Lego are properly committed to their gender equality and we get all 8 friend's houses as sets like Autumn's House.

They did it eventually with the G1 Friends, though leaving the darkest skinned girl's house until last and shoehorning in a Caucasian girl who wasn't even a member of the black family so the set still had white representation didn't sit super well with me for diversity reasons. I mean, I still bought it at a discount, it's a great build; but it did scream "Lego don't think black minidolls sell"

Hope I don't have to wait 8 years for all 8 houses lol

Yeah, paisley needs a better house, I already have ideas of turning the room set’s into apartments for last years Main Street building, speaking of rooms, we need to get a room set for the other 4 friends

6 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I'm trying to get this one to replace the City school in my town. It has a much better build quality. 

s-l640.jpg

I like that set, I have it, it's too flat for me. The Art School has the round windows which I really like, and candle stick pieces and more detailing. However that school is a good set and any school is better than the City one. 

2 hours ago, Killian said:

Ordered Leo's Room since it might retire early if children don't buy it because of a lack of female characters. Also because I want boy focused Lego Friends sets to do well. 

I don't think sales of the set will be an issue, but probably a good idea to buy those earlier. Other sets, like the cube based ones or the heart shape ones, retired more quickly than the normal sets.

3 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, paisley needs a better house, I already have ideas of turning the room set’s into apartments for last years Main Street building, speaking of rooms, we need to get a room set for the other 4 friends

They'd work well in an apartment building together, I've already seen people like emmasaurus comparing the room sets to a TikTok house with the screens, phones, ring lights, characters having an online presence as influencers etc. I wonder if Friends will ever go full meta and have one of the characters being a LAN member? :roflmao: It'd get more sales for Lego if kids realise that career path exists!

I imagine we'll see rooms for all the new characters within the first couple years of the reboot, assuming the initial 4 sell well. I just hope the current Paisley's House set isn't setting a precedent for what the boy's houses will be like. I'll still get Paisley's House eventually to support the reboot and because it has the widowed husband minidoll, Jonathan. 

I'm a bit surprised that Nova's parents are allowing their teenage daughter to be alone in her room with a boy. I wonder if our implied LGBTQIA+ representation in the reboot will end up being Zac or Nova? Though it looks like Charli may be covering some of that with the gender neutral name and look?

Also, I want to know what Zobo is doing now? It'd be a fun Easter egg if he turns up on a sticker sheet hosting his own talk show on a TV screen or something :head_back:. I might add him into The Community Kitchen set from the summer wave as a food mixer or a homeless robot seeking oil and shelter.

12 minutes ago, Killian said:

They'd work well in an apartment building together, I've already seen people like emmasaurus comparing the room sets to a TikTok house with the screens, phones, ring lights, characters having an online presence as influencers etc. I wonder if Friends will ever go full meta and have one of the characters being a LAN member? :roflmao: It'd get more sales for Lego if kids realise that career path exists!

Also, I want to know what Zobo is doing now? It'd be a fun Easter egg if he turns up on a sticker sheet hosting his own talk show on a TV screen or something :head_back:. I might add him into The Community Kitchen set from the summer wave as a food mixer or a homeless robot seeking oil and shelter.

Yeah, that would be insane for someone to be a LAN member, I have no clue what a “TikTok house” is.

I can see I’m not the only one who is concerned about zobo, he hasn’t appeared since 2020 (not counting the employee gift)

2 minutes ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, that would be insane for someone to be a LAN member, I have no clue what a “TikTok house” is.

I can see I’m not the only one who is concerned about zobo, he hasn’t appeared since 2020 (not counting the employee gift)

A TikTok house is pretty well represented in the episode The Naughty List of season 1 of American Horror Stories. Basically where a bunch of overpaid, usually teenaged people on steroids or with implants, internet influencers get given a mansion to live in where they make online content with pranks, make-up tutorials, dance routines, skateboarding tricks, Tide Pod eating, Cinnamon Challenges, guys going commando in sweat pants for lust clout etc. It's how idiots get famous and make ridiculous amounts of money for being pretty nowadays. It's very contemporary and popular with the Snapchat/TikTok/Onlyfans tweens.

I kind of want Zobo to end up being the main villain of the next space theme after Olivia leaves him on Mars or something.

8 minutes ago, Killian said:

A TikTok house is pretty well represented in the episode The Naughty List of season 1 of American Horror Stories. Basically where a bunch of overpaid, usually teenaged people on steroids or with implants, internet influencers get given a mansion to live in where they make online content with pranks, make-up tutorials, dance routines, skateboarding tricks, Tide Pod eating, Cinnamon Challenges, guys going commando in sweat pants for lust clout etc. It's how idiots get famous and make ridiculous amounts of money for being pretty nowadays. It's very contemporary and popular with the Snapchat/TikTok/Onlyfans tweens.

I kind of want Zobo to end up being the main villain of the next space theme after Olivia leaves him on Mars or something.

Oh, ok, that’s what a TikTok house is

zobo being a villain, what?

6 hours ago, Maple said:

I like that set, I have it, it's too flat for me. The Art School has the round windows which I really like, and candle stick pieces and more detailing. However that school is a good set and any school is better than the City one.

I just need a school building that looks decent and this one fits the description. 

2 hours ago, Poodabricks said:

I just need a school building that looks decent and this one fits the description. 

I agree with the Maple quotation. Maybe I'll take them off my ignore list sometime. But yeah, The Art School is the prettiest school of the several Friends Schools we've had. I maybe like it a bit more than the Hidden Side School, though that one's more of a facade really

@Killian the Lego friends magazine used to be about 6 weeks behind in the UK compared to the German one, however I think the duplo magazine came out about June last year and has only just started coming out in UK stores. I’d imagine with the new tv show show coming out February it’d be after then for the UK, but possibly 6 months if duplo is any clue!

1 hour ago, Killian said:

So... This month's Friends magazine is still the G1 girls..

And it looks like the same for February. You'd think Lego would be pushing their new toys?

!                                                                                                                                                                               s-l500!                                                                                                                                                                              s-l500

When are we getting this?

https://www.blue-ocean.de/lego-friends/detail/detail/lego-friends-2

csm_FRIENDS_DE_2301_05-08_26-29_Comic__a

Did I translate that entire comic for nothing?

also, the friends magazine  aren’t even in America, I only remember the magazine being in a grocery store twice (ninjago and city) 

edit: looked on comic website, has the new logo

Edited by Lemerbrix

3 hours ago, Killian said:

It’s back on dragonelves original comment on the last page

On 12/29/2022 at 4:52 PM, DragonElves said:

Then I clicked on “comics and magazines”, scrolled down, and there is the new logo

edit: they updated Lego.com with bios for the new friends, I’m guessing Lego is referring to g1 and g2 as separate themes? Only bios for the main 8

Edited by Lemerbrix