El Garfio

2023 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

Nice, I really liked the title of the video

Thanks   😁

Just bought The Heartlake Downtown Diner (set 41728) today.  Can't wait to build it! I'll probably pick up a second one at some point and make it a 32 stud wide restaurant with lots of booths for customers to eat at.

On 1/23/2023 at 5:41 PM, Killian said:

Thanks   😁

Just bought The Heartlake Downtown Diner (set 41728) today.  Can't wait to build it! I'll probably pick up a second one at some point and make it a 32 stud wide restaurant with lots of booths for customers to eat at.

You’re welcome, good idea for the downtown diner, i might do something similar

ive been building lots of Mocs lately, including a mayoral building, sub shop, and a Main Street building expansion

15 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

ive been building lots of Mocs lately, including a mayoral building, sub shop, and a Main Street building expansion

Ooh! What are they like?

I did another thing! This time it's Heartlake City's answer to a Subway Sandwich Shop..   Set 41728 The Heartlake Downtown Diner 🐱👤

4 hours ago, Killian said:

Ooh! What are they like?

I did another thing! This time it's Heartlake City's answer to a Subway Sandwich Shop..   Set 41728 The Heartlake Downtown Diner 🐱👤

Might post on my channel, really liked the review, hopefully we get more information on the background characters, I’ve been looking at Lego.com for a while now

edit: posted the video, here’s the link 

Edited by Lemerbrix

17 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Might post on my channel, really liked the review, hopefully we get more information on the background characters, I’ve been looking at Lego.com for a while now

edit: posted the video, here’s the link 

I was the first to like it 😁

Using parts from set 10291 for a shop is a good use of those parts.

I've been thinking about how several of the 2023 Friends sets kind of go together or represent different parts of the same story...

The Downtown Diner goes with the skate park since it has the area to collect an order by skateboarding.

The Dog Rescue Van goes with the Dog Rescue Centre, but Nova meets Pickle in the Van set, so Nova's Room continues the story of Pickle's adoption with Nova working on his wheelchair.

The Downtown Flower and Design Store set have Adi moving into an apartment and we know Adi attends The International School in the new show, so those sets both represent parts of Adi's new life outside India. The school is where Aliya got the F graded test that Paisley is comforting her about in the Aliya's bedroom set.

Leo practices his baking in his Bedroom set, then he appears in the Doughnut Shop set, still focusing on baked goods. Liann is in the Doughnut Shop set and her bedroom has the doughnuts she bought there.

Paisley is writing songs in her house set and performing them in the mobile tiny house set.

I might be reaching a bit on some of those points; but still, it's clear a lot of thought and world building has gone into Lego's choices for this theme.

Edited by Killian
Clutch Power

44 minutes ago, Killian said:

I was the first to like it 😁

Using parts from set 10291 for a shop is a good use of those parts.

I've been thinking about how several of the 2023 Friends sets kind of go together or represent different parts of the same story...

The Downtown Diner goes with the skate park since it has the area to collect an order by skateboarding.

The Dog Rescue Van goes with the Dog Rescue Centre, but Nova meets Pickle in the Van set, so Nova's Room continues the story of Pickle's adoption with Nova working on his wheelchair.

The Downtown Flower and Design Store set have Adi moving into an apartment and we know Adi attends The International School in the new show, so those sets both represent parts of Adi's new life outside India. The school is where Aliya got the F graded test that Paisley is comforting her about in the Aliya's bedroom set.

Leo practices his baking in his Bedroom set, the he appears in the Doughnut Shop set, still focusing on baked goods. Liann is in the Doughnut Shop set and her bedroom has the doughnuts she bought there.

Paisley is writing songs in her house set and performing them in the mobile tiny house set.

I might be reaching a bit on some of those points; but still, it's clear a lot of thought and world building has gone into Lego's choices for this theme.

Thanks, yeah, I got the queer eye set on clearance for $35 last year, has been sitting in a bin, alongside parts from assembly square, also, one of my oc’s, lieya, does wear a hijab, in case anyone was wondering. I guess that brings this discussion:

On 12/28/2022 at 6:40 AM, Killian said:

Yeah, I wonder how much they'll lean into the International aspect of the new world building. I'm expecting characters celebrating Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/Holi/Eid/Quinceañera/etc or at least demonstrating different cultures. I wonder if Lego will ever give us a minidoll in a hijab, though I can imagine that'd be controversial with the arguments surrounding gender equality?

To a close, nice theory about the timeline, apparently the organic grocery store is where autumn meets Leo for the first time 

Edited by Lemerbrix

Had a shower thought, the friends timeline in universe doesn’t correspond with the sets, for example, despite river joining the circus in 2021, he’s in the holiday special, and 2022 sets, maybe the lack of communication between Lego and the show runners is why we never saw characters from the show ( dr alvah, carter Greene, to name a few) in the sets, also, livi does cameo in the hair salon set from this year, a set that focuses on paisley, now I’m starting to buy into the livi theory.

Edit: also, there’s a sticker in the dog rescue center of autumn and Gabriela, with a heart next to it, these two might have something, and I’m doubtful there is a heterosexual explanation for this

Edited by Lemerbrix

18 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Edit: also, there’s a sticker in the dog rescue center of autumn and Gabriela, with a heart next to it, these two might have something, and I’m doubtful there is a heterosexual explanation for this

There's a mysterious G on Autumn's fridge

On 1/26/2023 at 12:15 AM, Killian said:

Only just noticed Grace's story begins in the Dog Rescue Centre set 41727 where Autumn brings her in. Then later, she's Adi's dog in the Downtown Flower and Design Stores 41732

9 hours ago, Killian said:

There's a mysterious G on Autumn's fridge

Only just noticed Grace's story begins in the Dog Rescue Centre set 41727 where Autumn brings her in. Then later, she's Adi's dog in the Downtown Flower and Design Stores 41732

You’re right, no reason why autumn would put her gf’s initial on her fridge

i noticed graces story a while ago, dash (the black dog) must be getting lonely now that his friends are gone, maybe zac adopts him?

edit: the new series is coming out in 2 days (the 29th)

Edited by Lemerbrix