El Garfio

2023 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

Friends continues to be the best theme. That ski lodge is amazing. And aviator visors in trans purple? What? 🤩

12 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Alright, looks like the advent calendar includes autumn and Aliya, as well as churro, popcorn, pickle, and daisy, as well as two unnamed dogs.

Ski center looks very cool, I’m wondering who the character who uses a recolor of arin’s hair from ninjago is? Is he a wheelchair user, as his skis reuse the new minidoll wheelchair

Clearer image now out - it’s Leo not Aliya (reusing same outfit as the new character from the ski slope)

Edited by PotterBlocks

8 hours ago, PotterBlocks said:

Clearer image now out - it’s Leo not Aliya (reusing same outfit as the new character from the ski slope)

Oh, ok, thanks!

Ski slope set looks very good , again, seems to be inspired by the 2018 3-in-1 creator winter house (as in, a cabin/shop with a ski slope partly on top/next to it), but I love the build, and the difference from the City set, especially the amount of trees and they way they are built is very nice, and the bottom stonework and logs give it a very nice style. 

It still has the bright accents of Friends, with vibrant yellow, azure and flame orange yellow, but it's subdued by the earthy/sand/aqua tones from the environment.

The suggestion of a rock arch that can double as a wolf/fox cave is nice, and there looks to be a quite large assortment of snow boards, skis, and a sled, I like the vibrant yellow and coral snowboards and helmet with colored visors especially.

Edited by TeriXeri

I was tempted by the City ski slope, but then, as usual, the Friends one is better.

Also curious that they've done it. At the first LEGOCon they had an interview with two of the Friends designers - one was a designer, one was the manager/lead. The designer was asked what would you like to do, and she said something related to skiing, which was then immediately put down by the manager as something that had been done a few years ago. It amused me at the time that they clearly hadn't coordinated, and the manager was (unusually) dismissive. Clearly the designer won out! Very pleased that she did.

Psa for anyone in the u.s heading to the LEGO store, there's a bug in the registers not allowing you to check out the summer sets

I really love the trees of the Friends ski slope, they look stunning.

42 minutes ago, Maple said:

I really love the trees of the Friends ski slope, they look stunning.

I really like them too.  Can't wait for the parts to show up on PAB. 

Built the 2023 fresh market and when seeing it in person, I can understand the pricing a lot better.

I judged it as overpriced when first pictures released, but seeing the fully tiled interior, and quite a large food inventory, clever double sliding doors and rolling cash register, and 2 shopping carts, I think it's quite fair, a litle steep but not crazy.

the building walls changing from White, Light Nougat (no more called Flesh), and  Vibrant Coral looks really good, with the more subtle medium nougat windows instead of just plain reddish brown.

This year certainly has seen a surge of combinations with coral and nougat, even on the Leo minidoll , and the recent Classic boxes. 

The vehicle also looks better in real compared to pictures (my transparent pieces weren't scratched much, and don't look milky/dull either), but it'll probably still looks better when made into a Van instead of this weird glass pickup truck.

Edited by TeriXeri

Update: adaptive sledding kid has a name, Aaron! He also uses crutches, which the solution lego came up with is genius, won't spoil it, though

Also, igloo is $50, ski Cafe is $80

WOOO, CHARLI IS NON BINARY CONFIRMED!!!!

edit: false alarm, turns out the word “may” is easy to confuse with “they”

Edited by Lemerbrix

The Botanical Garden is on Backorder. When was the last time a Friends set went on Backorder? More and more people are coming round to them being such good sets.

On 5/28/2023 at 5:21 PM, TeriXeri said:

Built the Cat Hotel set and it's really good.

Even at it's full price due to being exclusive to LEGO, it's a good value set 

The only place I've seen it outside of a Lego Store here is Tesco

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

What is Isaac up to?!

And everybody rides Spring? Is Henry off limits?

Is that The Golden Gate Bridge? Do we have a "real world" location for Heartlake City now?

18 minutes ago, Killian said:

The only place I've seen it outside of a Lego Store here is Tesco

What is Isaac up to?!

And everybody rides Spring? Is Henry off limits?

Is that The Golden Gate Bridge? Do we have a "real world" location for Heartlake City now?

The golden gate, that is not.

18 hours ago, TeriXeri said:

Built the 2023 fresh market and when seeing it in person, I can understand the pricing a lot better.

I judged it as overpriced when first pictures released, but seeing the fully tiled interior, and quite a large food inventory, clever double sliding doors and rolling cash register, and 2 shopping carts, I think it's quite fair, a litle steep but not crazy.

the building walls changing from White, Light Nougat (no more called Flesh), and  Vibrant Coral looks really good, with the more subtle medium nougat windows instead of just plain reddish brown.

This year certainly has seen a surge of combinations with coral and nougat, even on the Leo minidoll , and the recent Classic boxes. 

The vehicle also looks better in real compared to pictures (my transparent pieces weren't scratched much, and don't look milky/dull either), but it'll probably still looks better when made into a Van instead of this weird glass pickup truck.

What set number are you referring to? I want to look at it, but I'm not finding one called Fresh Market. Thanks! 

I'm building my first Friends reboot set, 41727. I got it on a great sale otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I really like the purple half building and the doggie with the wheels.

Mine came with an extra set of stickers, which I think LEGO should do with every set.

Edited by Maple

On 6/2/2023 at 6:27 PM, Maple said:

I'm building my first Friends reboot set, 41727. I got it on a great sale otherwise I wouldn't have bothered. I really like the purple half building and the doggie with the wheels.

Mine came with an extra set of stickers, which I think LEGO should do with every set.

Yeah, extra stickers are really good for moc building!

13 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Yeah, extra stickers are really good for moc building!

Not just that. I have the Frozen $200 (or whatever the price is now) castle and I REALLY screwed up the few stickers I put on it. I'd love to have an extra set for when I mess up, more so on more expensive sets.

I do like the 2022 recycling truck, especially after building it, it just has a lot of potential as a set as it's price so feels much better value compared to the 2023 City recycling truck (€20 vs €35).

Even default without the containers on it, it's a nice flat tiled truck.

And the 3 colors of trash cans + container pieces are nice addition to other fairly high amounts of Lime , Coral in Friends and recent Classic, and more Vibrant Yellow is good too (love that color)

The Friends truck also can be fairly easily converted into some kind of dump truck as there are 12 of those white panels included, so you can make easy cargo bed walls 2 or 4 bricks high using 6 or 12 of the included panels + blue tiles to cover the tops of panels for an open truck, or white plate to make a closed box.

And then there are the technic pieces to make some form of liftarm.

Of course sets like the 2012 / 2015 City trucks are perhaps more appealing dump trucks but since then long gone. with retired pieces.

Another alternative would be the 42147: Dump Truck set (Technic), or parts of it :)

Edited by TeriXeri

On 6/2/2023 at 6:47 AM, RichardGoring said:

The Botanical Garden is on Backorder. When was the last time a Friends set went on Backorder? More and more people are coming round to them being such good sets.

I feel like in a way Friends is cannibalizing other themes.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:22 AM, hikouki said:

I feel like in a way Friends is cannibalizing other themes.

usually when city has commercial airplane , friends line will come out with a similar one . So I’m expecting a commercial plane for next year friends line ! 

although , I can say that this friends line is amazing and cannot wait for more great sets 

On 6/5/2023 at 8:51 PM, TeriXeri said:

I do like the 2022 recycling truck, especially after building it.

I normally don't buy vehicles anymore as they all feel the same. City ones are all the same and boring. However that's a really fun set. I have two of them. It's a great build and the insane colors kind of work with it.

On 6/5/2023 at 7:51 PM, TeriXeri said:

I do like the 2022 recycling truck

Me too, I got one, and might get another because they're $11 at my Walmart right now