El Garfio

2023 Friends Rumours, Leaks, Information And Discussion

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

Nice, I really liked the title of the video

Thanks   😁

Just bought The Heartlake Downtown Diner (set 41728) today.  Can't wait to build it! I'll probably pick up a second one at some point and make it a 32 stud wide restaurant with lots of booths for customers to eat at.

On 1/23/2023 at 5:41 PM, Killian said:

Thanks   😁

Just bought The Heartlake Downtown Diner (set 41728) today.  Can't wait to build it! I'll probably pick up a second one at some point and make it a 32 stud wide restaurant with lots of booths for customers to eat at.

You’re welcome, good idea for the downtown diner, i might do something similar

ive been building lots of Mocs lately, including a mayoral building, sub shop, and a Main Street building expansion

15 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

ive been building lots of Mocs lately, including a mayoral building, sub shop, and a Main Street building expansion

Ooh! What are they like?

I did another thing! This time it's Heartlake City's answer to a Subway Sandwich Shop..   Set 41728 The Heartlake Downtown Diner 🐱👤

4 hours ago, Killian said:

Ooh! What are they like?

I did another thing! This time it's Heartlake City's answer to a Subway Sandwich Shop..   Set 41728 The Heartlake Downtown Diner 🐱👤

Might post on my channel, really liked the review, hopefully we get more information on the background characters, I’ve been looking at Lego.com for a while now

edit: posted the video, here’s the link 

Edited by Lemerbrix

17 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Might post on my channel, really liked the review, hopefully we get more information on the background characters, I’ve been looking at Lego.com for a while now

edit: posted the video, here’s the link 

I was the first to like it 😁

Using parts from set 10291 for a shop is a good use of those parts.

I've been thinking about how several of the 2023 Friends sets kind of go together or represent different parts of the same story...

The Downtown Diner goes with the skate park since it has the area to collect an order by skateboarding.

The Dog Rescue Van goes with the Dog Rescue Centre, but Nova meets Pickle in the Van set, so Nova's Room continues the story of Pickle's adoption with Nova working on his wheelchair.

The Downtown Flower and Design Store set have Adi moving into an apartment and we know Adi attends The International School in the new show, so those sets both represent parts of Adi's new life outside India. The school is where Aliya got the F graded test that Paisley is comforting her about in the Aliya's bedroom set.

Leo practices his baking in his Bedroom set, then he appears in the Doughnut Shop set, still focusing on baked goods. Liann is in the Doughnut Shop set and her bedroom has the doughnuts she bought there.

Paisley is writing songs in her house set and performing them in the mobile tiny house set.

I might be reaching a bit on some of those points; but still, it's clear a lot of thought and world building has gone into Lego's choices for this theme.

Edited by Killian
Clutch Power

44 minutes ago, Killian said:

I was the first to like it 😁

Using parts from set 10291 for a shop is a good use of those parts.

I've been thinking about how several of the 2023 Friends sets kind of go together or represent different parts of the same story...

The Downtown Diner goes with the skate park since it has the area to collect an order by skateboarding.

The Dog Rescue Van goes with the Dog Rescue Centre, but Nova meets Pickle in the Van set, so Nova's Room continues the story of Pickle's adoption with Nova working on his wheelchair.

The Downtown Flower and Design Store set have Adi moving into an apartment and we know Adi attends The International School in the new show, so those sets both represent parts of Adi's new life outside India. The school is where Aliya got the F graded test that Paisley is comforting her about in the Aliya's bedroom set.

Leo practices his baking in his Bedroom set, the he appears in the Doughnut Shop set, still focusing on baked goods. Liann is in the Doughnut Shop set and her bedroom has the doughnuts she bought there.

Paisley is writing songs in her house set and performing them in the mobile tiny house set.

I might be reaching a bit on some of those points; but still, it's clear a lot of thought and world building has gone into Lego's choices for this theme.

Thanks, yeah, I got the queer eye set on clearance for $35 last year, has been sitting in a bin, alongside parts from assembly square, also, one of my oc’s, lieya, does wear a hijab, in case anyone was wondering. I guess that brings this discussion:

On 12/28/2022 at 6:40 AM, Killian said:

Yeah, I wonder how much they'll lean into the International aspect of the new world building. I'm expecting characters celebrating Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/Holi/Eid/Quinceañera/etc or at least demonstrating different cultures. I wonder if Lego will ever give us a minidoll in a hijab, though I can imagine that'd be controversial with the arguments surrounding gender equality?

To a close, nice theory about the timeline, apparently the organic grocery store is where autumn meets Leo for the first time 

Edited by Lemerbrix

Had a shower thought, the friends timeline in universe doesn’t correspond with the sets, for example, despite river joining the circus in 2021, he’s in the holiday special, and 2022 sets, maybe the lack of communication between Lego and the show runners is why we never saw characters from the show ( dr alvah, carter Greene, to name a few) in the sets, also, livi does cameo in the hair salon set from this year, a set that focuses on paisley, now I’m starting to buy into the livi theory.

Edit: also, there’s a sticker in the dog rescue center of autumn and Gabriela, with a heart next to it, these two might have something, and I’m doubtful there is a heterosexual explanation for this

Edited by Lemerbrix

18 hours ago, Lemerbrix said:

Edit: also, there’s a sticker in the dog rescue center of autumn and Gabriela, with a heart next to it, these two might have something, and I’m doubtful there is a heterosexual explanation for this

There's a mysterious G on Autumn's fridge

On 1/26/2023 at 12:15 AM, Killian said:

Only just noticed Grace's story begins in the Dog Rescue Centre set 41727 where Autumn brings her in. Then later, she's Adi's dog in the Downtown Flower and Design Stores 41732

9 hours ago, Killian said:

There's a mysterious G on Autumn's fridge

Only just noticed Grace's story begins in the Dog Rescue Centre set 41727 where Autumn brings her in. Then later, she's Adi's dog in the Downtown Flower and Design Stores 41732

You’re right, no reason why autumn would put her gf’s initial on her fridge

i noticed graces story a while ago, dash (the black dog) must be getting lonely now that his friends are gone, maybe zac adopts him?

edit: the new series is coming out in 2 days (the 29th)

Edited by Lemerbrix

The special is here! Here’s the link for everyone:

Now on to my thoughts in. The spoiler in case you haven’t watched yet

Spoiler

I really liked this, definitely a great start to the series, zac wasn’t in the episode for some reason, but adi, matilde, niko, and Luna all appeared, paisley for some reason is British, the plot of autumn smuggling dogs into the school is hilarious, and principal hale was very amazing, I also sense a potential Leo x nova ship coming, we also saw Leo’s grandmother, time to make a minidoll for her for my Leo’s house moc, Aliya seems to be our focus, though brad is just the worst, I really like how everything came together in the end, but im still worried about my man zac, I love the end credits, too, and how Leo is just worried about the soccer team dismissing him for his cooking passion, I still can’t get over paisley being British…

edit: also I’m 99% sure adi and Matilde are girlfriends

edit 2: if anyone is asking about charli, they appear too

edit 3: misspelled charli

Overall 9/10

Edited by Lemerbrix

The Special was so good!! I have so many thoughts! 😅

Spoiler

Awesome soundtrack and songs!

Autumn is Fluttershy, as expected 😄

It was so cute when the girl won a plushie of Cubby from Lego City Adventures for her girlfriend. The Lego City Adventures show must exist in the world of Lego Friends.

Leo doing the Oprah meme made me chuckle. 

It's cool they devoted time to setting up the Dog Rescue storyline with Dr Marlon, looks like we'll have decent series arcs/episode to episode continuity.

Hope they sort out Paisley's 'what Americans think British people sound like' Mary Poppins accent though. We do not sound like that 🤣

Olly's accent sounded like a better British accent. Speaking of accents, is Pickle guy supposed to be Australian?

Is that Stephanie on Aliya's bedroom wall? We know Lego plans to feature her somewhere in the new reboot, possibly in the sea themed sets?

Is Nova being coded as our Autism representation? She reminded me of Ava from Nexo Knights, mostly her voice and how she delivers her lines. I'm confident she'll be less of a one characteristic character than Ava though. It's clear Lego have done their homework on representation.

It was good how they only focused on 3 of the core group of 8 new main characters, so the characters felt fleshed out. If they'd tried to introduce all 8 in detail in 44 minutes, it would have felt rushed and erratic. They still managed to give glimpses into the characters of Olly, Nova, Liann and Paisley without it feeling shoehorned in. I'm curious about how Zac will be introduced, presumably he'll begin at International High after the start of term? Focusing on smaller groups within the core 8 in each episode should give us some good character development and make each character feel a lot more fleshed out and relatable.

I'm warming up to the animation style, the furniture and buildings mostly look like they're based on Lego pieces and models or could easily be recreated in Lego. Like, I feel we have a good idea what the Autumn's Stable set will look like (wonder if it'll include Mia's truck?) and potentially the interior of Leo's House if it gets made, though I'm expecting a set called something like Harmony Beach Surfer House that just includes Leo TBH. The exterior of Autumn's house was well represented, it was almost exactly like the set apart from a wider ground floor and a recoloured window frame. The Organic Grocery Store looked almost like the set and even the Diner looked similar enough, though not exact. There seems to be an animation error with the book-shaped sign on the school, it turned blank at one point like the stickers peeled off the set 😄. Dunno why I noticed that 😅. I like how the show designers thought of little things like how the school library tables can fit together or be used separately like some real world table designs. The School Festival food/amusement stands and the band performing would make a fun set.

I wonder if we'll get a Soccer expansion set for the school since there's a design for the coach and the Soccer uniforms?

There's a lot of lavender coloured foliage around HLC which hasn't been represented in the sets yet, but Lego did that with the Elves theme a few years ago, so hopefully the variety in tree part colours might return?

The emoji style graphics from the set boxes popping up on screen when ever someone was thinking was a little jarring at first, but it's a cool feature that helps the show feel modern; like a vlog, which today's kids should relate well to. The emoji like graphic element helps deal with any set vs animation dissonance, the special felt like we were seeing the toys on screen for the most part, which wasn't the case with Girls on a Mission. I also liked that images from Leo's cookbook and Aliya's movie from the bedroom sets turned up on objects in the special.

So many cool background characters that I hope we see in future sets! I hope we see the green haired guy with the brown eyes (who I thought was Charli from the Diner set at first, but Charli's hair is lighter, their eyes are blue/grey and the hairstyle is different), the blonde girl with the rainbow top and beanie hat, the dark haired girl with the blue animal top, Matilde in her casual outfit, the guy and girl with the ripped jeans, Brad the brownnosing kleptomaniac; since he's possibly our antagonist, the Stan Lee janitor, the guy wearing the recoloured baseball cap and hair combo from the current CMF/Stranger things, the band etc... So many good designs.

Now the countdown to the shorter episodes begins! I hope they're released frequently.

40 minutes ago, Killian said:

The Special was so good!! I have so many thoughts! 😅

Reveal hidden contents

Awesome soundtrack and songs!

Autumn is Fluttershy, as expected 😄

It was so cute when the girl won a plushie of Cubby from Lego City Adventures for her girlfriend. The Lego City Adventures show must exist in the world of Lego Friends.

Leo doing the Oprah meme made me chuckle. 

It's cool they devoted time to setting up the Dog Rescue storyline with Dr Marlon, looks like we'll have decent series arcs/episode to episode continuity.

Hope they sort out Paisley's 'what Americans think British people sound like' Mary Poppins accent though. We do not sound like that 🤣

Olly's accent sounded like a better British accent. Speaking of accents, is Pickle guy supposed to be Australian?

Is that Stephanie on Aliya's bedroom wall? We know Lego plans to feature her somewhere in the new reboot, possibly in the sea themed sets?

Is Nova being coded as our Autism representation? She reminded me of Ava from Nexo Knights, mostly her voice and how she delivers her lines. I'm confident she'll be less of a one characteristic character than Ava though. It's clear Lego have done their homework on representation.

It was good how they only focused on 3 of the core group of 8 new main characters, so the characters felt fleshed out. If they'd tried to introduce all 8 in detail in 44 minutes, it would have felt rushed and erratic. They still managed to give glimpses into the characters of Olly, Nova, Liann and Paisley without it feeling shoehorned in. I'm curious about how Zac will be introduced, presumably he'll begin at International High after the start of term? Focusing on smaller groups within the core 8 in each episode should give us some good character development and make each character feel a lot more fleshed out and relatable.

I'm warming up to the animation style, the furniture and buildings mostly look like they're based on Lego pieces and models or could easily be recreated in Lego. Like, I feel we have a good idea what the Autumn's Stable set will look like (wonder if it'll include Mia's truck?) and potentially the interior of Leo's House if it gets made, though I'm expecting a set called something like Harmony Beach Surfer House that just includes Leo TBH. The exterior of Autumn's house was well represented, it was almost exactly like the set apart from a wider ground floor and a recoloured window frame. The Organic Grocery Store looked almost like the set and even the Diner looked similar enough, though not exact. There seems to be an animation error with the book-shaped sign on the school, it turned blank at one point like the stickers peeled off the set 😄. Dunno why I noticed that 😅. I like how the show designers thought of little things like how the school library tables can fit together or be used separately like some real world table designs. The School Festival food/amusement stands and the band performing would make a fun set.

I wonder if we'll get a Soccer expansion set for the school since there's a design for the coach and the Soccer uniforms?

There's a lot of lavender coloured foliage around HLC which hasn't been represented in the sets yet, but Lego did that with the Elves theme a few years ago, so hopefully the variety in tree part colours might return?

The emoji style graphics from the set boxes popping up on screen when ever someone was thinking was a little jarring at first, but it's a cool feature that helps the show feel modern; like a vlog, which today's kids should relate well to. The emoji like graphic element helps deal with any set vs animation dissonance, the special felt like we were seeing the toys on screen for the most part, which wasn't the case with Girls on a Mission. I also liked that images from Leo's cookbook and Aliya's movie from the bedroom sets turned up on objects in the special.

So many cool background characters that I hope we see in future sets! I hope we see the green haired guy with the brown eyes (who I thought was Charli from the Diner set at first, but Charli's hair is lighter, their eyes are blue/grey and the hairstyle is different), the blonde girl with the rainbow top and beanie hat, the dark haired girl with the blue animal top, Matilde in her casual outfit, the guy and girl with the ripped jeans, Brad the brownnosing kleptomaniac; since he's possibly our antagonist, the Stan Lee janitor, the guy wearing the recoloured baseball cap and hair combo from the current CMF/Stranger things, the band etc... So many good designs.

Now the countdown to the shorter episodes begins! I hope they're released frequently.

I actually noticed queen Elizabeth ll on aliyas wall

for the soccer you can just buy multiple of the mobile tiny house, pull an ellieV toys and chop the arms off, glue the arm color you want, and just army build the soccer players

i doubt Lego will include Mia in 2 sets this year, but I did find some more of the comic I translated, and Mia’s truck appears

In Leo's kitchen in the new show we see a picture of him and Alba, we see his Grandmother, but there's no evidence of parents in pictures or anywhere. There's what looks like a Funeral Urn on top of the kitchen cupboards. I wonder if Leo is supposed to be orphaned?   🤔 

Maybe his parents live somewhere else, but Leo's moved into his Grandmother's house to attend school in Heartlake City and the Urn contains his Grandfather?

I wonder if Mia inherited the farm from Marcel? The buildings are different, but it could have been remodelled? 

Just saw another animation error, Adidi walks into school alone, then when Aliya's done talking to Principal Hale, Adi walks in again with Matilde. 

I like how things like the water taps, appliance knobs, crates, doorknobs etc look enough like Lego pieces to be recognisable but not so much like Lego that it takes you out of the immersion of the world building.

Edited by Killian
Convenient Grandparent Storage

9 hours ago, Killian said:

In Leo's kitchen in the new show we see a picture of him and Alba, we see his Grandmother, but there's no evidence of parents in pictures or anywhere. There's what looks like a Funeral Urn on top of the kitchen cupboards. I wonder if Leo is supposed to be orphaned?   🤔 

Maybe his parents live somewhere else, but Leo's moved into his Grandmother's house to attend school in Heartlake City and the Urn contains his Grandfather?

I wonder if Mia inherited the farm from Marcel? The buildings are different, but it could have been remodelled? 

Just saw another animation error, Adidi walks into school alone, then when Aliya's done talking to Principal Hale, Adi walks in again with Matilde. 

I like how things like the water taps, appliance knobs, crates, doorknobs etc look enough like Lego pieces to be recognisable but not so much like Lego that it takes you out of the immersion of the world building.

Leo’s parents are mentioned in his bio, mentioned as being architects, so maybe they are out of town on a business trip

wouldn’t the line of inheritance go:   Marcel ▶️ Angnus and Ann (Mia’s parents) ▶️ Mia ▶️ Autumn, that might suggest that Mia’s parents are now dead…

I have no clue why they changed adi’s name in the show to “aditi”, either way Matilde is definitely her girlfriend

i have no clue what a funeral urn looks like, but it could be Leo’s grandfather

anyway, I’m still not happy that we never got EITHER of Olivia’s parents in Lego (yeah I know they are separated, but I think Lucas (her dad) could have come in the space academy, and Laura (her mom) could have come anywhere)

edit: plus, we don’t even know if marcel is related to Mia

Edited by Lemerbrix

On 1/29/2023 at 3:10 PM, Lemerbrix said:

for the soccer you can just buy multiple of the mobile tiny house, pull an ellieV toys and chop the arms off, glue the arm color you want, and just army build the soccer players

Slight update ( I could have just edited the previous comment, but this fourm needs more attention

i just noticed that Leo doesn’t appear in his soccer uniform in the mobile tiny house

is it just me, or is niko’s head print weird, it feels out of place for the theme (this is from EllieV)

On 1/30/2023 at 11:34 PM, Lemerbrix said:

Leo’s parents are mentioned in his bio, mentioned as being architects, so maybe they are out of town on a business trip

Oh yeah. It's right there in the press release 😅

On 1/29/2023 at 1:01 PM, Lemerbrix said:

paisley for some reason is British

She has a really fake Irish accent in this new Lego Friends show where they make content with a real life person they turn into a minidoll. The pale girl with red hair is Irish... Um.. way to avoid those stereotypes Lego 🤣

4 hours ago, Killian said:

Oh yeah. It's right there in the press release 😅

She has a really fake Irish accent in this new Lego Friends show where they make content with a real life person they turn into a minidoll. The pale girl with red hair is Irish... Um.. way to avoid those stereotypes Lego 🤣

Lego: let’s avoid stereotypes

also Lego: British/Irish person must look Irish

in all seriousness though I really hope that the Hey friend series will feature other friends, we still need some zac time

Thank you all very much for the information! :classic:

Imo Autumn's House suits very well as a farm building and the Downtown Flower and Design Stores fit very well in every city anyway! I really like it that TLG uses in these two sets mainly "normal and realistic" colors and only pink and violet where it could be in reality, too. So these buildings fit much better in a city layout than past Friends buildings did. :wub:

I'm curious about the Community Kitchen and the Community Center in summer since I must admit that I can't really imagine what these sets actually are or how they'll look like.

2 hours ago, Klaus-Dieter said:

I'm curious about the Community Kitchen and the Community Center in summer since I must admit that I can't really imagine what these sets actually are or how they'll look like.

It makes me wonder if they'll be based around helping the homeless? 

After that G1 Xmas special the other year where the Friends girls gave the kid from the homeless family a hat, scarf and mittens instead of finding his family a home, the new G2 Friends need to go harder.

On 1/29/2023 at 1:01 PM, Lemerbrix said:

zac wasn’t in the episode for some reason

I wonder if they're waiting to introduce the kid who's good at everything as part of Aliya's character development? Maybe Zac will challenge her "I'm always number one" assumption, leading her to learn a valuable life lesson about being gracious in defeat and that you can still value friendship with someone who's better than you at whatever you consider your "thing" to be. Maybe he'll be better at Video Games than Nova too?

On 10/28/2022 at 4:55 PM, MAB said:

This is an issue with using somewhat extreme stereotypes to indicate sexuality (if that is what LEGO are doing). People are assuming Olly is gay because he likes sewing and fashion and wears pink. Straight boys and young boys that don't know their sexuality might also like sewing and fashion. And not all gays are into what is often looked at as more female pursuits.

They just made the pale redhead Irish; so I don't think stereotyping is off the table, sadly.

Having said that, people are probably assuming that Olly is interested in Autumn after watching the special.

Edited by Killian
Acrotomophilia

Been noticing some parallels between Friends and Minifig themes.

We know Autumn's Stable is coming, we're also getting 71459 Stable of the Dream Creatures in Dreamzzz.

We got a Friends Organic Grocery Store shortly after the City Grocery Store.

The 3 in 1 Cosy Home came shortly after Autumn's House.

We got the Gaming Tournament Truck around the same time as Nova's Room.

The removal van GWP is coming soon after 2 years of friends releasing big sets based around moving into a new home.

Lego City covered farming and parks around the same time Friends did organic farming and partying at the park.

Friends and City had beach Lifeguard sets out at the same time.

City just launched  a recycling truck similar to the Friends one.

Gaming Arcades/Arcade Machines and Vet Rescue vans have shown up in minifig and minidoll themes several times recently.

I wonder if Lego bases new City sets off of what sells well in Friends and vice versa? I mean, obviously not for everything; Heartlake City isn't ever going to be the Police State Lego City is.

1 hour ago, Killian said:

Been noticing some parallels between Friends and Minifig themes.

We know Autumn's Stable is coming, we're also getting 71459 Stable of the Dream Creatures in Dreamzzz.

We got a Friends Organic Grocery Store shortly after the City Grocery Store.

The 3 in 1 Cosy Home came shortly after Autumn's House.

We got the Gaming Tournament Truck around the same time as Nova's Room.

The removal van GWP is coming soon after 2 years of friends releasing big sets based around moving into a new home.

Lego City covered farming and parks around the same time Friends did organic farming and partying at the park.

Friends and City had beach Lifeguard sets out at the same time.

City just launched  a recycling truck similar to the Friends one.

Gaming Arcades/Arcade Machines and Vet Rescue vans have shown up in minifig and minidoll themes several times recently.

I wonder if Lego bases new City sets off of what sells well in Friends and vice versa? I mean, obviously not for everything; Heartlake City isn't ever going to be the Police State Lego City is.

Hey, at least we have only one police officer in Heartlake city compared to the 500+ in Lego city

Also, we’re getting a 2010 piece set in the summer for Lego city, obviously copying friends

1 hour ago, Killian said:

They just made the pale redhead Irish; so I don't think stereotyping is off the table, sadly.

Having said that, people are probably assuming that Olly is interested in Autumn after watching the special.

Well there goes my “autumn’s girlfriend is Gabriela” theory

2 hours ago, Killian said:

It makes me wonder if they'll be based around helping the homeless? 

After that G1 Xmas special the other year where the Friends girls gave the kid from the homeless family a hat, scarf and mittens instead of finding his family a home, the new G2 Friends need to go harder.

I wonder if they're waiting to introduce the kid who's good at everything as part of Aliya's character development? Maybe Zac will challenge her "I'm always number one" assumption, leading her to learn a valuable life lesson about being gracious in defeat and that you can still value friendship with someone who's better than you at whatever you consider your "thing" to be. Maybe he'll be better at Video Games than Nova too?

It’s not stated/implied that joe is homeless, but I can see the community kitchen/ center looking similar to this moc by the B3 (minus the giant turkey, of course 

1 hour ago, Lemerbrix said:

Well there goes my “autumn’s girlfriend is Gabriela” theory

Still could be, or maybe Gabriela is her other mother? (Assuming Autumn has 2 parents?)

3 hours ago, Killian said:

It used to be about 1-2 years apart but now certainly same "subthemes" release much closer together, or even at the same years / shelf time.

City also has shifted a lot of focus toward animals , especially cats, dogs and horses and baby animals in the recent 2-3 years, 2022/2023 especially with lots of kittens , baby farm animals, puppy dog and horse foal.

I think the goal certainly is to have both themes overlap a lot more in subject matter, while still keeping their own style.

But there's also a constant evolution of styles over the years, even something simple as a Friends horse, changed a lot around 2021, where horses got a different pose, and a moveable neck, much more like the way minifig horses behave.

Edited by TeriXeri

I was watching EllieV’s review of the international school and she pointed out that autumn doesn’t have any back printing, because of her new arm mold, I checked my autumn from set 41730, and no back printing, can someone who has autumn’s other 2 outfits check and confirm she doesn’t have back printing?